The High Realm of Stormark
Sign in to follow this  
Aoife the Celt

Rejoicing the Emperor Day Fest

user posted image

Evening has fallen over Haraldsborg, the Capital of Stormark. In the romantic and cosy Ancient Beer Chambers of the Feast Hall, an indoor traditional dress event is being held. It is the Rejoicing the Emperor Day Fest to celebrate the 33rd birthday of His Most Imperial Majesty Harald Thorstein I the Generous Giver, the Eternal Sovereign Viking Emperor.

All Citizens of Stormark and Nationals of other Micran Nations have been invited to the Feast Hall, where they will enjoy the Emperor's hospitality. All Stormarkers attending the Rejoicing the Emperor Day Fest are required to wear the traditional dress of the Traditional District, Autonomous Country or Imperial Colony they hail from. Foreigners attending the Rejoicing the Emperor Day Fest must wear the traditional dress of their home country.

Delicious traditional food and beverages like beer, mead, wine and ale are being served in huge quantities in the Ancient Beer Chambers, which have been specifically commissioned and built for events like this Rejoicing the Emperor Day Fest. In the self-same Ancient Beer Chambers a large number of musicians, jongleurs and jesters are present to entertain the many guests.

* Lady Aoife, wearing a olive green traditional Celtic regal dress, a copy of the Brísingamen (Freyja's necklace), a stunning Celtic Tiara, and the insignia of the Grand and Glorious Imperial Order of the Two Silver Longships, enters the Ancient Beer Chambers of the Feast Hall and takes one of the seats reserved for the House of Ettlingar Freyu. *

Chairman Andelarion entered the hall rather confused. He wore black trousers and a black shirt, with a large blue coat. Recognizing no one, he looked around and caught the eye of many a guest. He looked out of place.

Finally he found Aoife, who also was Queen of Hurmu, and walked to her, exchanged some pleasentries and walked away.

Where was he going to sit?

* Emperor Harald arrives at the Ancient Beer Chambers of the Feast Hall for the Rejoicing the Emperor Day Fest and sits down on the Seat of Honour. He is dressed in a magnificent regal Viking tunic made of azure-coloured silk and linen and a cardinal red silk cloak which is fastened by a Most Blessed Imperial Order of the Sacred Lakes brooch. His outfit is completed by the Insignia of the Grand and Glorious Imperial Order of the Two Silver Longships, the Triquetra of the Most Revered Imperial Order of Odin and a copy of the Brísingamen around his upper right arm. *

Where was he going to sit?

* Emperor Harald waves at Chairman Andelarion. *

Your Excellency,

Come and sit here next to me and grace me with your very pleasant company.

*HRH the Prince enters wearing typical court dress of a Noronian noble. Carrying on his side a decorative saber, the handel of which is covered in gold and diamonds. The Prince walks over to Queen Aoife , bows and takes a seat at her table.*

*HRM enters the room, a bit late of course, just dismouting his horse at the door. Too much buisiness again. Wearing a midnight blue uniform, with bright gold epaultettes, and the Order of the Golden Fleece gleaming around his neck, he shakes the hands of those around him. He walks over, gives his wife soft kiss on the cheek, and bows to the Emperor.*

I couldn't be doing better, Royal Cousin Camillus.

Stormark is flourishing and I'm here having a fantastic time with my Beloved Citizens and Friends.

Chairman Andelarion walked towards the Emperor, smiled, and seated himself next to the birthday boy.

"Thank you, sir"

I took a sip of his drink, turned back to the Emperor and said

"Sir - I appreciate your act of politeness towards me, but I am no excellency. I am a senator of the Lakes, a chairman of the house. I hold no titles..."

Cashmaiel thought for a moment, sensing that what he said might have interpreted wrongly, quickly added:

"As a matter of protocol, of course, sir. I do not wish to elevate myself into someting I am not."

Andelarion took another sip.

"Fine mead, sir. Thank you."

*HRH the Prince enters wearing typical court dress of a Noronian noble. Carrying on his side a decorative saber, the handel of which is covered in gold and diamonds. The Prince walks over to Queen Aoife , bows and takes a seat at her table.*

Oh well hello, Your Royal Highness. It is really good to see you here. How are you currently doing?

* Sir Dagfinn enters the Ancient Beer Chambers wearing the Haithabu Peysar, the traditional men's costume of the Traditional District of Haithabu. He walks over to Queen Aoife, bows, kisses her hand and then takes a seat at her table next to Prince Bjarngeir. *

*Polten comes in. Late again. And thirsty*

Your Higness,

Do you realise that birthdays are good for you?

It is a statistical fact that those who have many birthdays live long wink.gif

I hope it will work for you. cheers.gif

* Dame Gudrun enters the Ancient Beer Chambers dressed in the Yrjar Upphlutur costume, the traditional women's costume of the Traditional District of Yrjar. She walks over to the Emperor, curtsies and then takes a seat at the table next to Emperor. *

*Polten comes in. Late again. And thirsty*

Your Higness,

Do you realise that birthdays are good for you?

It is a statistical fact that those who have many birthdays live long wink.gif

I hope it will work for you. cheers.gif

Hahahaha!! Indeed!! laugh.gif