The High Realm of Stormark

People of Nidaros,

I believe I have to explain my actions. I have abdicated the throne of Nidaros. My tenure was short, but I believe I did at least something to this country. It will always be dear to me. And I will come, I promise you, often, to visit you, see how you’re getting on. A country which has given me so much will always be remembered, always respected and honoured.

I didn’t do much, but I gave Nidaros some sense stability. I first came after Birla’s reign, claiming the land to myself. I conquered this country, not by some personal gain, but to save you from suffering. I made Prince Bjarngeir king. After he descended the throne, I became king. I gave you a flag! [laughs nervously]. I wonder what else I did…

I became ill. I was abroad, in hospital for months. I am still not well.

I will go back to my ancestral home among the Lakes of Hurmu. I will go back, heal and try and get that country alive again. I know that you will be able to handle yourselves without me… the Lakes, they are calling me back, calling me home. I must go.

May the Lakes guide you and grant you peace, wisdom and love. [splashes holy water on the audience] You have given me peace, you have given me wisdom to rule, and more than ever – you have given me love! I am eternally grateful!

Audon,

Thank you very much for what you have done for Nidaros and best wishes for your future endeavours. thumbsup.gif

Royal Cousin Audon,

I must say that your absence will be sorely felt throughout the Empire. All Treisenberg wishes you a thorough and speedy recovery, and the prayers of all the faithful of the Church of Stormark will be with you. It has been an honor to call you cousin, friend, and fellow Stormarker.

And, to echo His Imperial Majesty, congratulations, Queen Astrid!

And also don't forget to drop by at the Fimmtardómur to validate your succession to the Throne of Nidaros, Royal Cousin Astrid.

Thank you for the heads up, Your Most Imperial Majesty. smile.gif

Indeed, have you planned your coronation yet Your Majesty?

No, not yet. All of this came so sudden.