The High Realm of Stormark

Pope Carl Magnus Bernadotte,

Due to your unconstitutional and unlawful actions, I called in Stormarkian troops to have you arrested as well as to disarm the Papal Armies.

After you were arrested by the elite Skadi Unit, your troops surrendered and were subsequently disarmed and interned.

You have been sent back to your palace and placed under house arrest until King Audon returns from LOA.

Finally, The Regent speaks !

Someone had to take command of the nation in the absence of the King. I have not done anything unconstitutional.

I have expressely stated in various statements my undying support for the King and for the Nation. I used my own personal army to stabilise this nation in the absence of our crowned Monarch. I used the expenses of the Church to build up the citadels so that on his return.

Infact, I took command as the Constitution dictates - If the Regent is lifeless and the Folketing is not in session, I was the only senior Member of the Nidarosian nobility left to take command.

I answer not to any here who may add fuel to a fire that has absolutely nothing to do with them and rally around to get themselves empty peerages and awards. I am ready to defend myself. I am ready to defend all of my actions for the good of my King and my Country.

I answer to the King and My Emperor Alone !

Vive le Roi !

Vive L'Empereur !!!

For the benefit of people butting in for the sake of starting a fight-

LEGALLY SPEAKING BY PAPAL BULL FIRST SIGNED BY KARL GUSTAV I UPON THE CREATION OF THE NIDAROSIAN CHURCH - EDITED IN NAME TO INCLUDE THE NAME OF HIS MAJESTY, KING AUDON THE FIRST.

**Monarchical Power

The Monarch shall, upon accension to the throne of Nidaros, pledge to the Pontifical Personage and to the Church freedom of religion and autocratic status within itself. The Monarch will recieve the titles of Captain-General of the Pontifical Guard and Knight Grand Bailiff of the Order of the Sacred Nails. It is a requirement that the Monarch and his/her designated heir be member of the Nidarosian Church alone and that they govern any armies it may have effectively. The Monarch has rights to govern armed forces of the church, provided he/she recieves permission to employ hostile ability against an enemy.

Monarch, Governor Head of the Papal Armed Forces, Captain General of the Pontifical Guard and Knight Grand Bailiff of the Order of the Sacred Nails - His Most Catholic Majesty King Audon I of Nidaros.

Restrictions

Following the Monarch's inauguration by the church, His Majesty must be willing to declare that the Church and the Pontiff are not subject to the laws of 'ultra vires' and can never act outside their powers. His Majesty is defender of such laws and Bastion of Strength which the Church turns to for defense.

Papal Arms and Command

The King, as Protector of the Faith, will ackowledge the providence of the Church and as such, guard and bear the dignity and arms of the Pontifical Guard. The King will not use the Pontifical Guard unless permission is given by the Pontiff.

I believe that I am infact, well within both canonical and constitutional law.

Finally, The Regent speaks !

Someone had to take command of the nation in the absence of the King. I have not done anything unconstitutional.

I beg to disagree. Under Article 5c of the Constitution of Nidaros only the King or the Folketing may appoint a regent. Your issuance of a decree for the "Establishment of A Pontifical Regency" is therefore unconstitutional. It furthermore constitutes an offense called Usurpation under Article 7 of the Mjollnirbók, the criminal code that currently applies to Nidaros.

Infact, I took command as the Constitution dictates - If the Regent is lifeless and the Folketing is not in session, I was the only senior Member of the Nidarosian nobility left to take command.

Below are the provisions of the Constitution of Nidaros concerning Regency.

B) All executive powers are vested in the Monarch, or in the regent during a regency, and in those persons that the Monarch may delegate certain executive powers.

c) The Monarch has the power to make an order of succession for the Crown of Nidaros. Should a period regency begin, the first person in line to the Crown of Nidaros will be regent. Should he or she be unavailable, the next person in line will be regent. Should there be no persons on the order of succession available, or should there be no order of succession at all, the Folketing will elect a regent. The regent shall have the same powers as the Monarch, subject to limitations contained in a decree of regency.

d) A period of regency begins whenever the Monarch decrees that regency begins, or when the Monarch has shown no signs of life for fourteen days.

Usurpation is the act of deposition of a ruling Monarch.

I have not, nor ever wished, nor incited the nation to rebel against King Audon. His Majesty is the First Defense of the Church after the Emperor himself.

We shall see, upon His Majesty's return. I shall speak no further with you.

Excerpt from the Mjollnirbók.

Article 7: Usurpation

Any person who usurps or unlawfully exercises any function of government, whether by setting up, maintaining or taking part in any way in a body of persons purporting to be a government or a legislature but not authorised in that behalf by or under the High Laws of Stormark, or by setting up, maintaining, or taking part in any way in a purported Law Court or other tribunal not lawfully established, or by forming, maintaining, or being a member of an armed force or a purported police force not so authorised, or by any other action or conduct whatsoever, shall be guilty of a crime, called usurpation, and liable to the punishment of exclusion or of expulsion for a period fixed by the Law Court of no less than fifteen years.