The High Realm of Stormark
Sign in to follow this  
Cashmaiel Andelarion

I present you the flag of Nidaros

Dear Citizens and Friends,

I present you the new flag of Nidaros.

user posted image

The design is simple. It's a Nordic cross flag, symbolizing our Nordic heritage. The cross also links to the Christianity, the religion most people in Nidaros seem to follow. The colours red and white are taken from the national coat of arms.

I will make a law later on about the rules regarding the flag. But to do I'd like your input. Where should the flag be hoisted? What kind of rules are we going to have? What about flag desecration?

All your thoughts, thank you very much smile.gif

Are you going to have the one flag for all purposes, or will there be separate civil, state and military variants?

So far this would cover them all. But I might make a state/royal flag that could look almost the same but with the coat of arms in it. I see no reason for a military flag due to Stormark keeping us safe and sound.

But I'm not too good on graphics, so I dunno...

Ah yes, I'd forgotten that autonomous countries weren't permitted their own militaries. Is that still the case?

Anyway, a state flag would be a good idea. Or if you want to go crazy, you could have individual rank flags for the Queen consort and other members of the royal family. I designed a system for Sangun, but never got around to legally establishing it.

There's only me, me, me... l'État - c'est moi. :-p

I though Nidaros was a consitutional monarchy! laugh.gif

I might make some other flags later, when I have some more inspiration! biggrin.gif

If you ever want a hand, let me know. smile.gif

I though Nidaros was a consitutional monarchy! laugh.gif

Constitutionally it is... but I made a "coup", dissolving the legislature, not appointing members to it again, soooo now it's me. There are calls among my citizens to have it remain an absolute monarchy, but that doesn't feel too good. I should bring the Folketing back, and I've asked for my citizens' advice.

If you ever want a hand, let me know. smile.gif

Thank you!

Constitutionally it is... but I made a "coup", dissolving the legislature, not appointing members to it again, soooo now it's me. There are calls among my citizens to have it remain an absolute monarchy, but that doesn't feel too good. I should bring the Folketing back, and I've asked for my citizens' advice.

If you ask me, you should 'slip' the following article into your constitution: The Reigning King of Nidaros possesses supreme autocratic power. Trust me, you'll never look back wink.gif

Thank you!

smile.gif