The High Realm of Stormark
Sign in to follow this  
Aoife the Celt

Review of Control of Courts Bill

UNTO THE LORDS AND LADIES OF THE FIMMTARDÓMUR

Referral of Bill by Law Speaker of the Althing under Reference of Bills to the Fimmtardómur Act of 2005.

May it please Your Lordships to be referred to a Bill under Article 2 of the Reference of Bills to the Fimmtardómur Act of 2005 to consider a question concerning Section 1 of the Control of Courts Bill which I, the Law Speaker of the Althing, would like to be answered by Your Lordships.

The said Section 1 of the Control of Courts Bill stipulates:

Section 1.

The Emperor shall have power to advise the courts regarding the desired outcome of any case pending in the courts and such advise shall be binding upon the courts. Anyone holding judicial office going against such advise is guilty of a crime called sacrilege and shall be executed through the most brutal torture possible.

It has appeared to me that the said Section 1 of the Control of Courts Bill may be contrary to or inconsistent with provisions of certain High Laws of Stormark.

May it therefore please Your Lordships to clarify whether or not Section 1 of the Control of Courts Bill is contrary to or inconsistent with Article 32 of the Viking Law?

Please be provided below with Article 32 of the Viking Law.

Article 32.

The administration of justice shall always remain independent of the executive power. Rules to this effect shall be laid down by Statute.

May it also please Your Lordships to clarify whether or not Section 1 of the Control of Courts Bill is contrary to or inconsistent with Article XXI of the Instrument of Rights and Liberties?

Please be provided below with Article XXI of the Instrument of Rights and Liberties.

Article XXI.

No one shall be sentenced to death, tortured or otherwise treated in a manner violating human dignity.

I thank Their Lordships for their time.

Signed,

Lady Aoife the Celt,

Viking Princess of Stormark,

Ard-Ri of Dún Gail Dara,

Law Speaker of the Althing.

Sign in to follow this