The High Realm of Stormark
Sign in to follow this  
Polten

Wine as a pleasant drink

Wine as a pleasant drink

In the last few years, the Casella Wines Pty Ltd, an Australian company managed to become the worldwide nr 1 wine supplier. With their [Yellow Tail] brand they managed to give the world a new look on wine:

Both research and experience demonstrates that most consumers today, especially when buying New World wines, want to buy wine by variety and brand name. Young consumers in particular tend to avoid what they consider to be confusing and pretentious wine labels characteristic of some Old World wine bottles (Franson). (from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wine_label)

Casella Wines found uncontested market space by focusing on three areas that traditional wine companies couldn’t. By creating wines that were easy to drink, easy to select in-store, and that were fun and adventurous to drink, Casella Wines could distinguish its [yellow tail] brand from other wines, both luxury and budget, and actually create a new wine market appealing to existing wine drinkers as well as ready-to-drink cocktail and beer drinkers. (from http://www.roryhansen.ca/2006/10/29/my-int...w-tail-shiraz/)

So there is an easy approach to a complex product. And this is what I want you to share with us. Did you enjoy drinking a nice wine then tell us about it. What did you drink, where did you find it and what did you pay. No 'pretentious' talking, just the simple :”I enjoyed this wine”.

Maybe our Scandinavian real-worlders will find wine tasting very expensive, but in most of Europe, you can get lucky for less than € 5,00.

Here's a simple example: 'Primi', a red Spanish wine from Rioja. I bought is from a friend whose sister imports wine from Spain and paid about € 7,00. The wine is also distributed by Hema (B and NL) for less than € 5,00. Nice work, if you can get it ....

What about you, Aoife? What wine do you prefer?

There you go Milady. Taste a dose of your own medicine! laugh.gif