Sign in to follow this  
Heidi_Holgersdottir

Petition to the Fimmtardómur

UNTO THE LORDS AND LADIES OF THE FIMMTARDÓMUR

Petitioner:

Heidi Holgersdottir

Lady of Holsteinborg Castle

May it please Their Lordships to be petitioned me, Heidi Holgersdottir

Lady of Holsteinborg Castle, to consider a question concerning the Emperor and the right of primae noctis, which I would like to be answered by Their Lordships.

And may it also please Their Lordships to be provided with Article XXXVII of the Viking Law which states: "XXXVII. Subject to the High Laws of Stormark, the Emperor may assume any Power or Prerogative He may deem necessesary and proper for the well-being of His Most Sovereign and Noble Viking Empire. The Emperor shall from time to time issue a Proclamation listing the said assumed Powers and Prerogatives.".

And may it also please Their Lordships to be provided with Article LV of the Instrument of Rights and Liberties which states: "Article LV.

The personal integrity of the individual shall not be violated, nor shall anyone be deprived of liberty arbitrarily or without a reason prescribed by Statute. A penalty involving deprivation of liberty may be imposed only by a Law Court. The lawfulness of other cases of deprivation of liberty may be submitted for review by a Law Court."

And may it therefore please Their Lordships to clarify whether or not it would be constitutional, under the High Laws of this Most Sovereign and Noble Viking Empire, for the Emperor to assume the right of Primae Noctis.

I thank Their Lordships for their time.

Respectfully submitted,

Heidi Holgersdottir

Lady of Holsteinborg Castle

Sign in to follow this