The High Realm of Stormark

See I want A's not just for the transcript, but to prove that I'm not just another dego kid from Chicago (which we produce a lot of in my part of the city), but a man who can compete with the best and brightest, and become a powerful man one day...

What's a "dego kid"?

lol, good question. "Dego" is a derrogative term for Italians, but can be extended to almost any culture, and is often done in Chicago. It's direct meaning is "wife-beater", but its implied meaning is of a macho, stupid man. Its something which a man of my aspirations does not want to be...

So, it was a good experience. And classes start Monday, so I'm psyched and terrified; but then again, that's why it is the University of Chicago.

* Hands Her Royal Cousin Camillus a chill pill. * wink.gif

And remember, if it doesn't kill you it makes you stronger. smile.gif

*"AAAHHH... I spayed myself with the pepperspray... crying.gif .... why didn't it say to point it the other way!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"Ooooh... there are the directions... AAHHH, I did it again!!!" wink.gif *

It'll all be fine. But I immensely appreciate the vote of confidence; it helps...

QUOTE * Imagines Pope Camillus singing "I did it my way" in a karaoke bar after his graduation from UoC. *

I do love Frank Sinatra, and I love the song "My Way"... so I'll keep this one in the vault until graduation... laugh.gif

Socially, I was able to re-find most of my new friends after the days of insanity that followed orientation, and have made quite a few more. Alas, I recieved my first rebuff in the dating world, which hurts a bit, but I've become more encouraged now that I know what it feels like.

The best way to get you over the last one is the next one. wink.gif