Sign in to follow this  
Aoife the Celt

From the Law Speaker of the Althing

Members of the Folketing,

The Bill in the post below is currently being debated on in the Althing. Since it is a Bill amending the Autonomous Countries' Code Article 6 of the said Autonomous Countries' Code requires the Althing to consider the opinion of the Autonomous Countries on the said Bill. Please give me therefore Nidaros' opinion on this Bill.

A Bill

AN ACT TO AMEND ARTICLE 3 OF THE AUTONOMOUS COUNTRIES' CODE.

Article I.

Article 3 of the Autonomous Countries' Code is hereby amended by the substitution of the said Article by:

"Article 3

States of Stormark may not:

a) pursue their own agendas in foreign affairs; foreign affairs is the responsibility of Stormark.

b ) naturalize citizens and denaturalize citizens without having entered into dialogue with the Emperor, and listened to the advice of the Emperor which shall be binding upon the state.

c ) secede this Most Sovereign and Noble Viking Empire without having once been a Sovereign Nation and having been annexed into this Most Sovereign and Noble Viking Empire by means of a Treaty containing provisions for secession which is still in force at the time that the said state wishes to secede from this Most Sovereign and Noble Viking Empire provided always that any state wishing to secede shall enter into dialogue with the Imperial Government of Stormark, and listen to the advice of the Imperial Government of Stormark.

d) go against the laws of Stormark, written as well as case law, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and/or commonly accepted international and intermicronational law."

Article II.

This Act may be cited as the Autonomous Countries' Code (Amendment No. 2) Act of 2007 and shall come into operation immediatly after it has received the Imperial Assent.

Memorandum of Explanation

Lady Law Speaker, Fellow Members of the Althing;

The purpose of this Bill is to amend Article 3 of the Autonomous Countries' Code to clarify the said Article 3 by replacing the current subarticle b by the new subarticles b and c. The current subarticle c becomes subarticle d.

Current Article 3:

Article 3

a) pursue their own agendas in foreign affairs; foreign affairs is the responsibility of Stormark.

b ) secede, naturalize citizens and denaturalize citizens without having entered into dialogue with the Imperial Government of Stormark, and listened to the advice of the Imperial Government of Stormark.

c) go against the laws of Stormark, written as well as case law, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and/or commonly accepted international and intermicronational law.

Amended Article 3 with amendments in bold:

Article 3

b ) naturalize citizens and denaturalize citizens without having entered into dialogue with the Emperor, and listened to the advice of the Emperor which shall be binding upon the state.

c ) secede from this Most Sovereign and Noble Viking Empire without having once been a Sovereign Nation and having been annexed into this Most Sovereign and Noble Viking Empire by means of a Treaty containing provisions for secession which is still in force at the time that the said state wishes to secede from this Most Sovereign and Noble Viking Empire provided always that any state wishing to secede shall enter into dialogue with the Imperial Government of Stormark, and listen to the advice of the Imperial Government of Stormark.

d) go against the laws of this Most Sovereign and Noble Viking Empire, written as well as case law, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and/or commonly accepted international and intermicronational law.

your majesty,

the emperor himself voted that Nidaros have a new constitution which i would of submitted after our folketing agreed on it.

Your Majesty,

Lady Law Speaker,

Honourable Members of the Folketing,

The current Autonomous Countries' Code is a short document outlining the relationship between an autonomous country and the Imperial Government. It is, however, full of problems. One contradiction is that the ACC says that both an autonomous country has the right to legislate, while at the same time not go against Imperial law.

I would suggest that we go against this bill and instead push for an ACC reform - a new document, a new high law defining the rights an autonomous country has and what obligations.

Lady Law Speaker,

I am fine with this smile.gif

From the Folketing Bill of 2007:

AND THAT 2 days shall be given to debate unless all members of the Folketing agree on the bill with a vote of END DEBATE; and that debate shall only be lengthened if the debate in the folketing has not been resolved, upon which time debate shall be lengthened until the debate is resolved;

Most of the members of the Folketing have expressed an opinion on this (or other) forum. It is a formality but I think you should call for a vote. After that you can formulate a proper reply to Stormark.

I know it's not my business but you made the rules ...

Debate has now ended. I know I'm going to upset you all now, but this vote was to end debate. Now we need another vote to accept the ACC amendment or not.

Sorry!

But you may vote AYE in favour, NAY against, ABSTAIN, and DEFER (let the bill go back to debate stage - I'll kill you if you do tongue.gif)

Debate has now ended. I know I'm going to upset you all now, but this vote was to end debate. Now we need another vote to accept the ACC amendment or not.

Sorry!

But you may vote AYE in favour, NAY against, ABSTAIN, and DEFER (let the bill go back to debate stage - I'll kill you if you do tongue.gif)

We are running the risk of getting overworked. wink.gif