The High Realm of Stormark
Sign in to follow this  
High King Harald

Magni Ceremony

Emperor Harald stood, dressed in a simple all-white cotton robe, in the Plow Salon of Gefjon Hall on Kap Lycka. He travelled to this place in the Far North of Stormark for the Magni Ceremony. Emperor Harald had chosen this location because He wanted His marriage to Horiah to be a long and happy one and what could be a better location for the Magni Ceremony than a Hall named after the Norse goddess of Good Luck which was also located on a cape which name means Cape Fortune.

He had a small box in his hand. Inside the box there was a beautiful silver engagement ring. Emperor Harald had especially made this ring, which was made from the best silver available, for this Magni Ceremony by a jeweler from Deryacezamin, who had been recommended by Master Abdul Qadir of the Nimatullahi Order, the Sufi Master from Deryacezamin who had rendered Him much wise advise and counsel concerning Sufi Marriage Ceremonies.

He smiled. Soon the ring would be on Horiah's finger as a symbol of His profound love and respect for Her and their eternal sacred bond.

user posted image

Sitting in a beautiful setting, looking out at the grass and the ocean beyond, a smile crossed Horiah's face. There was a blind separating her from Harald, as was custom. She watched as his hand came across the blind, handing her the gorgeous ring that he'd had made. She placed it on her finger, and then passed across the ring she had commissioned:

user posted image

She spoke softly as he took the ring from her and gazed upon it.

"The ring is made from titanium, which will last forever, just as our beloved nation. The blue stripes represent ourselves, as Emperor and Empress of Stormark. The lion you see engraved on the inside was created using the text from the Shahadah, the Muslim proclamation of faith. It is both a symbol of your Royal authority, as well as a reminder to you of your vow to support my religion and to raise my daughter to be a good Sufi woman."

Harald couldn't speak for minutes so overawed He was by the sheer beauty of the ring Horiah had just given Him. Then he said softly: "Thank you very much, darling".

"You are most welcome, my dear Harald. Now I must depart for the United Empire for my Goodwill Tour. I will see you next Friday!! I'll be the gorgeous woman standing in the front with the golden dress on. I am sure you will be keeping busy by sending Invitations to all those worthy souls."

With that, Horiah left and took Edgard's hand. They boarded a helicopter which took them to the airport. In a matter of hours, she would be in the United Empire, trying her best to calm down and do her duty until the big day arrived.