Sign in to follow this  
High King Harald

The Alexandrian Ball

This topic will be dedicated to the preparations for the Imperial Ball that will be held in Alexandria on Tuesday the 19th of July, 2005.

Beloved Citizens and Friends,

I'm very pleased to announce that Dame Ragnhild Gunlaugsdottir, The Duchess of Romsdal will accompany Me to the Imperial Ball that will be held in Alexandria on Tuesday the 19th of July in Alexandria.

Beloved Citizens and Friends,

I'm very pleased to announce that Dame Ragnhild Gunlaugsdottir, The Duchess of Romsdal will accompany Me to the Imperial Ball that will be held in Alexandria on Tuesday the 19th of July in Alexandria.

Your Imperial Majesty,

What a great choice you have made to ask Dame Ragnhild to the Imperial Ball. She is such a marvellous, intelligent and sophisticated lady! She will be smashing success and will make Stormark proud. thumbsup.gifyesyes.gif

Good Morning To You, Dame Gudrun,

Well, why thank you for inquiring as to what I might choose to wear to the Alexandrian Ball . . .

I have been giving that small matter a lot of thought, and I think I have narrowed it down to three choices . . .

The first choice is a midnight blue floor-length gown with a high-neck collar, edged in pale blue satin, with long sleeves, which are also edged in pale blue satin. This has a matching blue satin floor-length jacket . . .

The second choice is a burgundy velvet floor-length gown , again with long sleeves, with pale pink satin trim. This gown has a floor length satin jacket which has a burgundy colored side and can be reversed to a gold colored side . . .

The third choice is a gold floor-length gown, with three-quarter sleeves, which has a gold floor-length jacket . . .

I do believe that I might eliminate the gold gown, purely on the strength that I am a brunette, and gold colours, especially a solid gold gown, will make my colouring look washed-out, so perhaps that might not be a good choice . . .

Now, as to the other two gowns, the burgundy is one of my favourite colours, and I do really love the styling . . .

However, the midnight blue gown is really quite decent as well . . .

Oh my, choices, choices, choices . . .

Have an absolutely splendiferous morning . . . forthwith . . .

We are welcoming any ladies that are willing to come, for example at the moment, The Prince of Alexandria, heir to the throne is without a Pair, if anyone from Stormark is willing to pair up with me... then great!

Respectfully,

Dame Gudrun,

At the Imperial Ball I will be dressed in My Lord High Admiral gala uniform. I will also be wearing the insignia of the Grand and Glorious Imperial Order of the Two Silver Longships (collar, star, sash).

Dame Ragnhild,

I do hereby present you with a little gift from the Imperial Treasury. As you are accompanying Me to the Imperial Ball in Alexandria it is no more than fair that I provide you with an appropriate tiara. It is made of diamonds and pearls.

user posted image

Hmmm, I have foolishly ignored the 'pairing up policy' until now, with the result that I have neglected to secure a partner! unsure.gif

Oh the tragedy! Especially as I will probably be wearing my dress uniform as colonel of the Death's Head Hussars together with my brand new KB insignia...who could resist a creature so apparelled? laugh.gif (OK no need to write out a list wink.gif )

Great then... I have found someone to pair up with. Thank you Dame Gudrun!

Respectfully,

PS: http://alexandriaforums.com -- Remember to Register wink.gif

Ohh.. and also, since you paired up with me, the Crown Prince of Alexandria... you shall be wearing this:

user posted image

I on the other hand, will be wearing this:

user posted image

with the Marshal-General's Hat:

user posted image

Good Evening To You, Your Majesty,

Thank You so very much for your gracious gift of the Beautiful Tiara . . .

It is truly magnificent, and I am deeply honoured to humbly accept such a Treasure from You, Your Majesty . . .

Would You prefer that I wear the midnight blue gown, or the burgundy velvet gown which I have? I will leave the choice up to You, in Your splendid judgment. I would like to coordinate my choice of a gown with what Your Majesty is wearing . . .

Please do let me know how you feel about this . . .

Have an absolutely splendiferous evening . . . forthwith . . .

Dame Ragnhild,

Please wear the burgundy velvet gown to the Alexandrian Ball. That is a very beautiful gown indeed!

Good Evening To You, My Gentle Friends,

Thank You all for your vote of confidence on the Burgundy Velvet Gown that I am planning to wear to the Ball tonight . . .

By the way, Dame Gudrun, may I ask what gorgeous gown will you be wearing tonight?

Whatever you choose to wear, Dame Gudrun, I am sure that you will look just marvellous, and that you will make us all extremely proud!!!

See you soon . . .