Sign in to follow this  
Prince Bjarngeir

Coronation?

Should i have a REAL coronation?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Should i have a REAL coronation?

• Yes
    • No

I will let everyone know what day i decide on. btw... i have private message his Holiness about it but he hasnt been in recently! What would you, my friends, propose?

Your highness,

It is the Emperor who has transferred the power to you. The ceremony only confirms what has been decided. Religious ceremonies are not required at all. In medieval monarchies, where there was a state religion, this was quite different.

In Nidaros, there is freedom of religion. It would not be wise to give a preferential treatment to a specific religion.

Your highness,

It is the Emperor who has transferred the power to you. The ceremony only confirms what has been decided. Religious ceremonies are not required at all. In medieval monarchies, where there was a state religion, this was quite different.

In Nidaros, there is freedom of religion. It would not be wise to give a preferential treatment to a specific religion.

Mr.Polten,

Though Nidaros is a nation of many many religions. I am still christian, and will always let it be known. My Coronation I feel should be an example of such

-Karl Gustav

P.S. His Holiness contacted me smile.gif

In my long experience of crowning monarchs, I have always found a triple coronation idea worthy of reckoning. It works thus -

Confirmation of Faith

-----{}-----

The Prospective Monarch confirms that he believes in the Almighty and that his faith and reign will be further strengthed by love and grace. This is signalled by signing of a document that carries the signatures of The Emperor, The King and The (Pope? - highest Christian authority) that is present.

Confirmation of Succession

-----{}-----

The Prospective Monarch then recieves the accolades of the Monarch. These are usually a crown, a chain of office, a staff and a ring. The oath is recited and the monarch is then anointed with oil.

The Acclamation of the Nobility

-----{}-----

Finally, a document that is withheld in the Royal Archives that documents the signatures of the nobility from The Dukes down to the Barons.

With such a format, your Christian belief is fed, Your Succession is seen as legally binding and your acclamation by the nobility serves to aid in your claim to reign.

Signed: HE The Cardinal

Your Eminence,

Sounds like a beautiful ceremony! I am sure Lady Heidi will include some of this in the ceremony. Whenever i shall have it.

God bless,

-HM King Karl Gustav I

Your Eminence,

Sounds like a beautiful ceremony! I am sure Lady Heidi will include some of this in the ceremony. Whenever i shall have it.

God bless,

-HM King Karl Gustav I

I most certainly will, Your Majesty.

If His Holiness The Pope decrees me worthy of such a task and His Majesty has no objections then, Yes My Lady, I would be most honoured.

Also, on a personal note, How does one acquire a Dukedom in Nidaros ? I have become most fond of this wonderful country in my tenure as the church's representative here, its warm welcome being truly magnificent.

Good Afternoon To You, My Gentle Friends,

Oh, What An Absolutely Magnificent Ceremony This Will Be!!! . . .

It looks like Everything will be Just Lovely!!! . . .

Coronations Are SO Special!!! . . .

I Just LOVE Coronations!!! . . .

( * Reaches For A Large Box Of Tissues * ) . . .

Oh, This Is Going To Be Truly Marvelous!!! . . .

Have A Most Splendifeorus Afternoon . . . Forthwith . . .

Your Eminence,

When would be best for you to give the coronation?

PS: I make duke's at will usually for friendly acts or good service to the Kingdom.

God Bless,

-Karl Gustav I

First of all ... we must establish how the coronation shall take place.

It can be done in three stages using a system of voting and papal decrees.

Or.

It can be done using any other programs we have available to use for the coronation ... Ideas ?

Good Evening To You, My Gentle Friends,

Ah, How Magnificent!!! . . .

Hopefully this Coropnation shalol take place within a very short periood of time . . .

It will indeed be Very Exciting to Witness This Most Esteemed Coronation!!! . . .

Have A most Splendiferous Evening . . . Forthwith . . .

Your Majesty,

Following the current schism within the Roman Church, will you convert to the faith of the Nidarosian Church or stay with the Stormarkian faith ?

We, The Pontiff, must ask this for your coronation procedure to be legally binding on Nidarosian documentation and such like.

Signed:

His Apostolic Holiness The Pope

Your Majesty,

I am neither a member of either. Though i am a christian. However is support both for those who are not saved in micras. To witness, etc. So yes, i will be staying what i am now.

God bless,

-HM King Karl Gustav I of Nidaros

I think your Majesty misunderstood me ...

For legal reasoning of this Nidarosian Church, it is required that the monarch be instituted as Temporal Captain-Guard of the Pontifical Throne .... as a member of the Nidarosian Congregation.

Thus far, we have no monarch of a micra-denomination.

(This process is similar to the one that England has. C of E Queen, Head of the C of E)

Ps:I bestow upon you the titleof 'Most Catholic Majesty' for use in Papal Audience