The High Realm of Stormark
Sign in to follow this  
HH The Sangkharaacha

Welcome - Sawatdee

user posted image

Sawatdee, Welcome to the Haaeng Khaawng Laaek Temple, the home of Buddhism in Stormark. For many visitors here, Buddhism will be a foreign world. As well as holding prayer sessions, the Temple is here as a place of learning and sharing. Indeed, the name of the temple means "Place of Sharing". The Buddha taught us;

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.

Wars have been fought, attacks have been waged in order to convert people to a way of thinking. A buddhist believes that faith is a personal journey of learning. If what we teach here agrees with your reasoning, your moral code, your views and common sense then we welcome you and if it doesn't, we welcome you. Just as we hope you will learn from the Temple, the Temple can learn from you.

The Head of the Haaeng Khaawng Laaek Temple and Buddhism in Stormark, is His Holiness The Sangkharaacha. Sangkharaacha means "Great Teacher". As we teach, we also learn because we have to learn to have the ability to teach. We hope that you will make the Temple a home and take wisdom from it.

Welcome and Sawatdee.

user posted image

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.

For modern western (=shallow) people this would be quite a problem. They'd have to start thinking! blink.gif

For many christians their (dogmatic) belief is an anchor. When they have to question this, it will leave them adrift. There will be need for a lot of teaching ....

Still if all of us would make an effort to find out what would make us better people and then act to make it happen, we would be well on our way.

Greetings from myself and the Church of Stormark, Your Holiness. It is good to see a representation of the full range of theological and philisophical thought now complete. I hope to further engage our two faiths/followings/paths so that we may both learn to better unite us.

And may I say, this clinched me:

Whether Christian or Buddhist, where there is faith in good things, there are good people.

Never more well spoken...

Anyway, I hope this temple may prosper for centuries to come.

I would also like to welcome you to Stormark, on behalf of the Wyrd of Midgard Hof, where we honor the Aesir and the Vanir, the gods of the ancient Norse.

I welcome new activity in the spiritual life of Stormark and I expect that your temple will be a welcome addition.

Good Afternoon To You, Your Holiness,

Please allow me to extend a "Welcome To Stormark" to You, Your Holiness . . .

Our Great Nation of Stormark is proud to honour each and every religious affiliation so that Our Citizens may feel free to worship the God of Their Hearts and Minds in whatever fashion they choose . . .

We wish to acknowledge the Presence of Deep Spiritiual Ties that Bind us all closer together, and it is our sincere hope and prayer that all of us can benefit from spiritual Guidance and Tolerance of Interfaith Issues . . .

May Your Spiritual Temple here in Stormark be Blessed with Wonderful Joys . . .

Have A Most Splendiferous Afternoon . . . Forthwith . . .