The High Realm of Stormark
Sign in to follow this  
Lady Gudrun

"Stupid" Camilla Sidelined By Royal Aides

Charles and Camilla did their best impression of Darby and Joan (or should that be Fred and Gladys) yesterday when they appeared in almost matching outfits for a service in Scotland.

The couple are once again North of the Border, spending time at their Scottish retreat of Birkhall.

The royal couple travelled to the small Perthshire village of Alyth where they joined representatives from the armed forces and the church for a moving ceremony and unveiling of a cairn in remembrance of the last survivor of World War I, Alfred Anderson. Scotland's oldest man until his death at 109 in November 2005, Alfred saw service with the historic Scottish regiment the Black Watch.

On arriving at the event, the Duchess told onlookers: "It's really great to be here, it's my first time in Alyth and it's very nice. I am very sorry I never met Mr Anderson but I have heard a lot about him."

The Prince, who was decked out in full Highland dress in Black Watch tartan, spoke about Mr Anderson, who served alongside the Queen Mother's older brother, Captain Fergus Bowes-Lyon, at the Battle of Loos in 1915.

The Prince also recalled his own meeting with the war veteran, saying: "It has been an enormous pleasure to be here with you particularly as I have such happy and special memories of Alfred Anderson, having been lucky enough to meet him on two occasions. It was a great opportunity to talk to him about his experience and his time with my late great uncle Captain Fergus Bowes-Lyon who was killed in the Battle of Loos. I feel very privileged to have known someone who was such a special person."

"Having this opportunity to join you all and pay our respects to a remarkable citizen of Alyth and the Black Watch regiment I really wanted to give a special tribute to the Alfred Anderson Memorial Committee for their amazing efforts."

The royal couple's appearance came just hours before it was claimed that Camilla is going through something of a mini-crisis in her life and weeks after it was revealed Charles and Camilla had engaged in some ferocious rows which saw the Duchess fleeing to her pre-marital home of Ray Mill House.

Just weeks after the death of her father, Major Bruce Shand, the Duchess of Cornwall has lost another major ally in her life.

The Duchess continues to mourn the death of her father, a hugely respected gentleman whom she utterly adored, his having been a major support to her through the many turbulent times in her life.

After all, the Major was one of the only people to have ever brought the Prince of Wales down to earth, condemning Charles during a face-to-face meeting as having ruined his daughter's life, so determined was he that Camilla should be treated with respect by the man she's loved for almost four decades.

Says a royal source: "Bruce Shand’s death hit Camilla hard even though he had been ill for some time, and now that her children are happily settled, she is at more of a loose end than ever before."

Only in royal circles would a solicitor be a best friend but in this instance it's the case. Camilla is reportedly feeling isolated following the departure of her solicitor, 63-year-old Peter Mimpriss, who also undertook the role of charities advisor to the Prince of Wales.

Says a courtier: "Peter was never going to be there for ever, but it’s a blow to Camilla that he has gone."

According to the Mail journalist, the former Mrs Parker Bowles is yet to be fully accepted as an equal to Charles within the inner sanctum of his court.

Referring to the way in which Camilla is treated by royal staff, a courtier tells Kay: "Frankly, they regard her as pretty stupid, someone who is just there to make the boss happy. What they don’t seem to understand is that if Camilla isn’t happy, then neither is the Prince."

Says a close friend of the Duchess: "She simply has to find things to do for she is beginning to feel isolated in royal life."

It's claimed Camilla is also at odds with one of the most important figures in Charles's life, his deputy private secretary Elizabeth Buchanan. A source reveals to Kay: "Camilla doesn’t like strong women around the Prince, and Elizabeth is formidable. The problem is that they focus everything on Charles to the exclusion of everyone around him, including his wife."

Where have we heard this before????

Good Afternoon To You, My Gentle Friends,

In My Humble Opinion, My Gentle Friends, I do agree with the Assessment that Her Royal Highness, The Duchess of Cornwall, needs a little somethng to do . . .

No knitting or crocheting . . .

Or perhaps some gardening . . .

No, No . . .

Something a little more High-Brow for Her Royal Highness . . .

I'm Absolutely Serious, really I am . . .

Perhaps holding Teas for Ladies of Means, in honour of some Charitable Organisation . . .

Or offering to Assist the Queen in helping Her Majesty to get some more free time for Herself . . .

Perhaps Her Majesty might give Camilla some Extra Responsibiities to coincide with Prince Charles's Duties . . .

You see, this is very simple, My Gentle Friends . . .

Camilla has lost a man She dearly loved - Her father . . .

Major Bruce Shand was a Love of Her Life, and She absolutely adored him . . .

Her Mother is gone as well . . .

Her children are settled in their own lives . . .

Prince Charles is involved in His own responsibilities in taking on Her Majesty's Duties . . .

So, Camilla is quite in need of some real responsibility of Her own . . .

It is too bad that the Queen Mother is not here to share some of Her own advice . . .

And I really think that people need to lighten up on Camilla - She really is trying - it is just that She is rather adrift right now, and needs the right guidance . . .

Perhaps Her Majesty might appoint some one or some persons who mgiht gently give Her this guidance and steer Her in the right direction . . .

Just some small ideas, My Gentle Friends . . .

Have A Most Splendifeous Afternoon . . . Forthwith . . .