Sign in to follow this  

There aren't a lot of well-known Asatruar.

If there are any "celebrities" who are Asatru, they are quiet about it.

As far as well-known authors/spiritual leaders within Asatru, some of the more well-known are Edred Thorsson, Kveldulfr Gundarsson, Freya Aswynn, Diana Paxson and Jenny Blain.

As far as well-known authors/spiritual leaders within Asatru, some of the more well-known are Edred Thorsson, Kveldulfr Gundarsson, Freya Aswynn, Diana Paxson and Jenny Blain.

Stormarksgothi,

Who is your favourite Asatru author?

I'd say the same as the authors...the thing is, as there is no centralized major organization, there really aren't major leaders.

I'm guessing that there might be in Iceland or Sweden, where Asatru, or Forn Sed, is much more organized.

Forn Sed is generally translated to mean something like "The Old Way". It is often considered a more correct term for the religion generally referred to as Asatru.

The reason for this is that the term Asatru means "true to the Aesir", a term that ignores other wights in the Norse pantheon, most notably the Vanir.

For the same reason, I and many other Americans who honor the Aesir and the Vanir, often use the more general term of Heathen.

FYI, here is a link to the Foreningen Forn Sed, the officially recognized Heathen religion in Norway.

Good Morning To You, My Gentle Friends,

I must say that I am Truly Amazed at this Remarkable Information on the Most Famous Asatruar . . .

Spiritual Leadership in any and all religions implies a Moral and Religious Obligation to "Take Care Of Its Own", and the Wise Counsel which these Spiritual Advisors Proffer is Truly Remarkable . . .

I continue to be Impressed with the Wonderful Caring Spirit which nurtures each Religion in its own Fashion . . .

Have A Most Thoughtful Morning . . . Forthwith . . .