The High Realm of Stormark
Sign in to follow this  
Galinn Karisson

On the Future of the Church

What should be the status of the Church?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the status of the Church?

• Remain as independant micronational church.
    • Become a simulated Viking-Rite Church (affiliated with the Roman Catholic Church).
    • Become a simulated, directly affiliated archdiocese of the Roman Catholic Church (as in Alexandria).
    • Other.

Ultimately, this is to "take the tempurature" of the nation. Anyway you look at it, it will be the same members and the same liturgy, but different affiliation, and some rules (although, women clergy is necessary, so that can't be tampered with). So, ultimately, this is a simple matter of opinion. You may also state your opinions below.

Certainly, Your Imperial Highness.

Ultimately, the idea of a "Viking-Rite" Church would mean that the church itself is in full communion and submission to Rome, but the liturgy, some canon law, decision making, and even language could differ from the Latin Rite (the Roman Catholic rite). Plus, in terms of leadership, instead of being a simple bishop, I would be able to be a Patriarch (with the rank of cardinal) and be able to create a simulated heirarchy of my own. Essentially, the rite would be "Particular Church", defined as "is any of the individual constituent ecclesial communities in full communion with the Church of Rome that are part of the Catholic Church as a whole." The Wikipedia article Particular church (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Particular_church) gives a great explaination and links about this idea. I would recommend it before making your decision, as would I encourage all others.

I want to make sure I understand. Sorry if this seems dim-witted.

So, in essence, we're talking something like the way the Russian Orthodox Church differs from the Greek Orthodox? Basically the same liturgy and beliefs, but girded in entirely seperate cultural norms?

Yes, exactly. I put the suggestion up there because I could not deny the fact that this church is little more than the Roman Catholic Church with a few changes. I felt that the only way I could truly simulate Catholicism, and still allow for practices like women clergy and allow a more Stormarkian church is to, in a micronational sense, submit the church to the Pope, submit to the norms of the church, and still keep some of the essentials, culturally and other, necessary for survival in Stormark. So, what you said is exactly right, Your Imperial Highness. But, I just as easily could submit the church to the Latin Rite (which is my macro-rite), provided the church is advised to change by the poll.

And also, I found your understadning not at all dim-witted. You have an inquisitive mind the likes of which I love to be near around. May the Lord Bless You Empress Asa.

Good Morning To You, My Gentle Friends,

If I may offer a TINY word of Opinion, please . . .

Your Imperial Majesty - please - You are a Caring, Compassionate, and Gentle Soul with an Inquiring Mind who wants to know all manner of things in this world . . .

And this is as it should be . . .

And Your Holiness, we are privileged to have You as Our Spiritual Leader in Stormark, who will Guide us in all manner of things relating to the Church . . .

Please, Your Holiness, do continue to speak to us regarding Your Infinite Wisdom in these Complex Issues . . .

Have A Most Thoughtful Morning . . . Forthwith . . .

Your Holiness,

It is my opinion that the 'Roman Catholic' church is not (and should never become) a micronational institute. Therefore you can't affiliate with it.

It may be a good idea to create the micronational equivalent of the Vatican, install the head of the church (pope or whatever) there and create the rites, heirarchy etc ... (Here you are free to copy and adapt whatever you like) When this can be achieved in close consultation with other micronational churches this could become very interesting.

Only then can we choose how we want our church to cooperate.

This will take a lot of work, so we can think a long time about this.

As long as the work is not done I vote for independancy.

Polten of Yperpen

My preference (although I'm certainly not going to be joining the Church, regardless) would be for a Viking-rite church. It seems more in keeping with maintaining a church in tune with the character of the nation.

Thank you for helping me understand.

After giving the issue consideration, I feel that we should move ahead with the idea of a Viking-Rite Catholic Church, bbut with some minor changes to what I see as your original intent.

I think we should remove any affiliation with the macronational Roman Catholics - which would allow us to create a decidedly Viking faith which would be, I believe, completely unique. Since you will no doubt be Patriarch, I would suggest that someone else be appointed to a position whose function will be the incorporation and continuance of Viking tradition, etc into the Church itself. Also using the Emperor as a sort of Figurehead (sort of how Queen Elizabeth II "runs" the Church of England) would be nice.

So there's my vote (other) and my small gathering of thoughts. smile.gif

Good Morning To You, Your Imperial Majesty, Empress Asa,

Your "Small Gathering of Thoughts" is Most Impressive, and Also - Please Note - Most Appreciated . . .

His Holiness is So Very Adept at Favouring us with His Infinite Wisdom concerning these Most Complex Issues, and we are all Deeply Grateful for His Spiritual Counsel . . .

Please do continue to Grace us with Your Presence as Your Time Permits, and give us all the Benefit of Your Small Gathering of Thoughts . . . We are So Very Fortunate to share in Your Opinions and Viewpoints . . .

Have A Most Splendiferous Morning . . . Forthwith . . .

Good Morning To You, My Gentle Friends,

If I may be permitted to Offer a Tiny Opinion, please . . .

I would wish for Our Church in Stormark to offer everyone the Opportunity to worship here if and when they would choose to do so . . .

The Doors to Our Church are Open to all in the Spirit of Love, and Caring, and Peace . . .

It is my Fervent Desire that all those who reside in Stormark and surrounding

Communities would see that Our Church is built on the Common Denominator of Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ and the Roman Catholic Rites which surround this Most Glorious Church . . .

Have A Most Thoughtful Morning . . . Forthwith . . .

Also using the Emperor as a sort of Figurehead (sort of how Queen Elizabeth II "runs" the Church of England) would be nice

Not how Elizabeth II runs the Church of England. Her "involvement" is much more than what we should have here - as the Church of England is the OFFICIAL STATE RELIGION of the UK. The United Church of Stormark is NOT the official state religion, and I would strongly oppose making it so (or even making my own Hof the official state religion).

The Monarch of Britain MUST be a member of the CoE. No such religious requirement exists or should exist in Stormark.

Also, in the event (an event I REALLY don't want to occur) that I were to succeed Harald Thorstein - I would not want to be the figurehead leader of a Christian church.

Although the idea of the creation of a Viking Church is interesting, I still would like to see a Viking Rite archdiocese of the Roman Catholic Church, because it is with the church that I am most comfortable, and I am feeling guilty (I do not know why) by claiming to be a micronational pope, and still being Catholic. However, one need not be Catholic to join said archdiocese, as it will be a simulated church as always, and I, nor anyone who joins, will pressure Catholicism upon anyone (I'm not one to be an evangilizer as I find other faiths very interesting and unified in the same purpose). However, it all depends on how the vote comes out, for I am truly indifferent to any of the choices. I just need to see the path to walk it.

Thank you all for your ideas, comments, and votes, and please keep them coming. I will be keeping them in mind whatever the outcome.

I am feeling guilty (I do not know why) by claiming to be a micronational pope, and still being Catholic.

Your Holiness,

There is no need for that. You are just practicing for the real thing for you will be the occupant of the Palace of the Vatican in about 50 years. smile.gif

Well, Excellency, I guess if I ever become Pope, I'll make you a cardinal because of that (Kidding, although it would be nice)! However, over the past few days, I've been thinking whether or not the church should be changed, or whether this is an issue of infusing some more Viking culture into the church. So, I was wondering if all of you could give me some pros and cons as to changing the church. For, I feel if I get one really good arguement, then my mind will be made up, for truthfully, I'm on the fence. So, have at it (but keep it clean, and don't go after me, the church, the Church, or anything of the sort). For, if this is truly a micronational organization, then there is no reason to be guilty, I suppose.

Plus, I am finding this thread to be a really good source of the personal insights about faith here in Stormark.

After much thought, and after much reflection, I have decided that this organization shall remain as it is: a micronational church. This is to be looked at as a kind of referrendum on the Church, and the people of Stormark wish it to stay, and so do I. Thus, this will begin a new phase in the Church. Before, I ruled collegially; now begins the Imperial Papacy. I will now make this church into a truly unique entity, through my own ideas, and the ideas of my fellow prelates. I thank you all for your thoughts, and your service, but now the Church must get back on track.

May God Bless this Church on its new endevour, and grant his mercy upon us.

I must say, I do not agree with idea of Imperial intervention in the Pontiffs affairs. After reading previous comments I think it safe to say that (and from personal experience) it is more adequate to have a Monarchy in place controlling the executive, various royalties and ministries controlling the legislature and signature influence being weilded by the Pontiff.

Grace Be To All.