The High Realm of Stormark
Sign in to follow this  
Galinn Karisson

Organizations of Faiths

There hasn't been much activity here, for a while, so I've decided to statrt a topic just for fun. I have a question to pose to all citizens of Stormark: how is your particular faith, religion, denomination, church, etc., organized (meaning heirarchy, territorial orgainizations, types of clergy, etc...). No matter what your faith, I would wish to know. Length of description doesn't matter, but the more detail, the better for all our collective knowledge. So, I look foward to your input.

Good Afternoon To You, Your Holiness,

Forgive me, but I must ask this Question:

Are You referring to Our Real Life Faith Choices, or as in what we Possess here in Stormark??? . . .

Not that they are much different, but the energy that we put into our Real Life Faith Choices, and those which are here might be a tad bit different . . .

Thank You, Your Holiness . . .

Have A Most Thoughtful Afternoon . . . Forthwith . . .

My RL religion is pretty loosely organized. There are various groups that provide some sort of structure, but participation in any of the national or international bodies is entirely voluntary.

The basic unit is often called a kindred and consists of a small group of friends and family who join together to honor the gods. Each kindred is self-contained, but may choose to join a national or international group, like The Troth, one of the largest in the United States.

In Asatru, the leaders of a kindred are called the gothi and gythia. They have no actual power in the kindred and serve in the capacity primarily of teachers or guides for the members of the kindred.

Good Morning To You, My Gentle Friends,

My Real Life Faith Choice is of the Methodist Faith . . .

I have, unfortunately, been rather lax in going to Church - we should have found a Church to attend, but have not done so, for a variety of reasons . . .

None of the standard excuses make sense, so I won't bore You with them . . .

But, I find that my Heart's Faith is growing stronger - hopefully - due to stressful situations in our daily lives . . .

We are going through some fairly rough times here in this household,. and that is calling for some major prayer - not just because we are in serious trouble, but because I need a faith structure in my life to center myself with . . .

But my Heart knows God, and I pray a lot for Strength and Guidance through these hard times . . .

Have a most thoughtrful morning . . . forthwith . . .

Good Afternoon To You, My Gentle Friends,

I wonder if anyone else is willing to share their Real Life Faith Choice with the rest of us . . .

This will Indeed Prove to be very interesting to see just where others stand in the ecclesiastical world . . .

It is Truly Inspiring to meld together those of different faiths, so that we may all understand each other better, and develop a better grasp of each person's religious convictions in life . . .

Have A Most Thoughtful Afternoon . . . Forthwith . . .