The High Realm of Stormark
Galinn Karisson

Q&A with HH Pope Camillus I (Pt. 2)

Lady Vesteralen,

Good Question. Simply, no there is not. The papacy is an entity which is subjected to all human limitations and abilities. Age does not affect it. When one is ordained a priest, he or her remains a priest until death, and even so after death as some believe. Despite the idea that older persons may not be as suitable for such positions of power, age tries not to be a factor in the papacy, except for young age, which is still being considered in this church.

Further, as a side not, the Roman Catholic Papacy, which this micronational one is based upon, had one pope, Agatho, who is believed to have begun his papacy over the age of 100. So, we are inclined to accept the same in the Church.

Good Morning To You, Your Holiness,

How Wonderful that the Church does not impose age restrictions upon its priests . . .

I quite agree . . .

The ablity to minister to others in the capacity of the priesthood should rest on - well, ability - that by which a person is able to perform his or her duties to the best of their capacity . . .

Have A Most Splendiferous Morning . . . Forthwith . . .

Sir Dagfinn,

Good question. Simply put, yes. The baby itself, while born out of the bonds of holy matrimony, did not commit a sin or offense to the Lord God Almighty or to the teachings of the Church of Stormark. This state of offense (not that the child should be thought of as a mistake or offense, for ALL life is precious and dear to god) falls to the parents, and it is to them that judgement will fall. The child is but a harmless, truly innocent bystander in the issue. A product of the issue, yes, but of no less value than any other person.

Your Holiness,

Would in the case that a couple divorces the children born to them during their marriage become, upon the divorce, illegitimate in the eyes of the Church of Stormark?

Dame Gudrun,

Good question. No they would not. As long as they were born in holy wedlock, then they stay completely legitimate after divorce. Once one is born in a certain state, then, in many cases, that state remains for life.

Your Holiness,

As Cardinal Bishop of the City of Treisen, I have been stirred by several of your encyclicals and decrees. I shall note down various points that I feel need addressing.

CONCERNING: The Papal Election Process

For the succesion of Popes to continue, perhaps we could implement a system that elects a Cardinal to the Most Holy Position of Pontiff (His Name Be Blessed) when a Pope feels right to do so or a septi-monthly basis.

Eligibility for the Papal Process should not be drawn from mere citizens. I do feel that the Pontiff should be chosen by The College of Cardinals, concerning a Cardinal. The Cardiniliate should respond by electing those whom the Pontiff (His Name Be Blessed) gives good measure on.

CONCERNING: The Heraldry of the Papacy

It is in my opinion that the Papal coat of arms must contain the Papal Tiara at al costs. I did notice deliberation on the parts of many of my fellow Cardinals and I feel that reform on the scale of a micronational 'Vatican II' would severaly disrupt the temporal influence of the Papacy

Perhaps His Holiness would be prepared to order the creation of a Council to reform the church in the Year 2007, to develop its character even further.

Signed:

His Eminence, Magnus Cardinal Bernadotte.

Cardinal Bishop of Treisen, Capital of Treisenburg

lol, good question, Royal Cousin.

The offical date is given in the Viking way:

Thirtieth Day of the Month Bilskirnir in the Fourth Year of the Second Viking Age.

I would have to consult His Majesty as to how that translates into the offical date. But if I am correct, it was April 17, as it was just as the conclave was convening. But, alas, it has been so long, that it has slipped my mind... confused.gif

Your Holiness,

Does the Church of Stormark marry divorced persons?

Your Majesty,

Currently, so long as the divorce is valid by the approval of the diocean bishop, with the consent of the Pope, (i.e. granted after proceedings, consented to by both partners, etc.), and the couple wishes to express their love honestly, the Church of Stormark allows divorced persons to be married. However, if a person systematically proceeds to divorce and remarry numerous times for faulty, or even sinful reasons, the Church reserves the right to refuse a marriage. Thank you for an excellent question.

Lady Halladora,

Good question. The Church of Stormark regards marriage as the highest act of love, at least micronationally. When two persons (of either sex) feel that they have the point at which they feel it is right to commit to each other for eternity, they may approach an cleric of the Church, who may talk the couple through. If, both are willing, and if they are members, or willing to be members, of the Church of Stormark, a cleric may officiate the marriage ceremony, which is carried out between the couple (as in most macro-national Christian faiths). The marriage contract is sealed unless a divorce is granted for reasons validated by the Church.

Obviously, macronationally, these marriages do not hold. If they did I'd be pretty well off. wink.gif

Thank you for the question.

My personal opnion? This thread is no longer contributing anything worthwile to the board. Were I mod and I was once, a long time ago on another board. I would probably lock the heck out of it.

But thats just me