The High Realm of Stormark
Galinn Karisson

Q&A with HH Pope Camillus I (Pt. 2)

Lady Vesteralen,

A question that I have often wondered. I would have to say that my favorite Saint would have to be St. Francis of Assisi. Really, I began to like him after I learned that due to the month of his birth, and various other things, he was my patron saint. Thus, as I learned more and more, I began to respect his sincere holiness, and ambition for Christ. Thus, he stuck.

Among my other favorite, yet no less important, saints would have to be St. Peter, St. Augustine, St. Thomas Aquinas, St. George, St. Joan of Arc, St. Ignatius Loyola, St. Anthony Pucci, and a few others.

(And to you, Your Highness, when the establishment of missions begin, I will be sure to pay careful attention to Dún Gail Dara! yesyes.gif )

Lady Vesteralen,

It's quite an appeal. My true loves are the military and the law. Thus, I have always felt that if the military, the law, and/or politics do not work out, I just might seek to be a priest (but don't expect me to be a simple city or country pastor; my ambition would not allow it!). Anyway, as I look at it, from a layman's point of view, if God wills it, then it will be so; truly.

Lady Vesteralen,

It's quite an appeal. My true loves are the military and the law. Thus, I have always felt that if the military, the law, and/or politics do not work out, I just might seek to be a priest (but don't expect me to be a simple city or country pastor; my ambition would not allow it!). Anyway, as I look at it, from a layman's point of view, if God wills it, then it will be so; truly.

So we might be questioning a future real life Pope. smile.gif

Sir Dagfinn,

Good question. Ideally, I would like to see the age of marriage at age 18, the age of adulthood in most legal systems. But, considering my own age, and other such factors, I would probably go as low as 16, but that would be as far as it would get, for marriage must between two persons who undertsand the realities of marriage as a lifelong committment, and as a relationship of true love.

Good Afternoon To You, Your Holiness,

If I may just humbly add my two cents' worth, please . . .

I firmly believe in marriage as a Holy Institution that is to be entered into in all seriousness, as a lifelong commitment . . .

True, mistakes are made, and the "lifelong commitment" issue is thrown to the wind, and divorce court seems to be the only option . . .

However, I do feel that in this day and age, too many people are just seeing marriage as a "until I feel like leaving the relationship" issue instead of "for better or worse" . . .

Whatever happened to the times when marriage was truly forever - until death us do part??? . . .

I have known many couples ( mostly older couples ) who have remained together regardless of problems, and stay together no matter what . . .

That, to me, is the meaning of marriage - to have "staying power", and to stay together in a relationship, to work things out no matter what . . .

Have a most thoughtful afternoon . . . forthwith . . .

Good Morning To You, Your Holiness,

Thank You So Very Much for Your Generous Compliment . . .

I very much appreciate everything that You are doing to further the cause of Our Church . . .

Your Magnificent Efforts are Truly Remarkable!!! . . .

Have a most thoughtful morning . . . forthwith . . .

Good Afternoon To You, My Gentle Friends,

If I may just offer a TINY Quick Opinion to this Question, please . . .

I would certainly hope that widows and widowers would be allowed to re-marry . . .

After all, their spouses have passed on into the Afterlife . . .

And I would definitely feel that widows and widowers have a Life to Lead - their lives have certainly not stopped just because their Dearly Beloved Spouse is no longer in this world . . .

In My Humble Opinion, Widows and Widowers are most absolutely in need of Company and Companionship, and should most assuredly be able to enjoy the relationship to the fullest by the Benefit of Re-marriage, should the couple choose to do so . . .

Thank You . . .

Have A Most Thoughtful Afternoon . . . Forthwith . . .

Sir Dagfinn,

Yes, spouses can get married after the death of their spouse. While I could give you a complex theological and legal arguement for it, let me put more simply: in one's marriage vows it says "Till death to us part....." Anyway, if you need more clarification, I'd be happy to give it. Good question, though.

Dame Vesteralen and Mr. Polten,

This is indeed an interesting issue. Let's recap the Church's stance. The Church of Stormark affirms that having sex outside the confines of marriage is a sin, and the kind of sin that cannot be easily repaired. However, this does not mean that those who are not virgins are automatically ostracised and excommunicated for said act (although it is certainly permissible). If one admits that he or she has had sex outside of marriage, then, if he or she is truly ready to offer penance and ask forgiviness, that person may be placed in a special program whereby a cleric, or specially commissioned person, will guide the offender through reverent meditation, prayer, and penance to forgive such a act in the eyes of the Church. If the person completes this program, and is deemed truly sorry and worthy of forgiviness, then the act is forgiven, the Church looks upon the offender as if the act never happened, and the person may remain in complete communion. If, however, one is deemed not to be serious about the program, about the sin, or about sex, then he or she may be at the mercy of all th pains and punishments that the Church can bestow.

I hope that this answers your question sufficiently.

Good Evening To You, Your Holiness,

These Precepts of the Church are Most Prevalent to the Current Events of the World . . .

And, I truly Admire the Church for Holding fast to the Faith that this is Indeed the Correct Coruse to pursue . . .

Have A Most Thoughtful Evening . . . Forthwith . . .

Good Afternoon To You, Your Holiness,

If I may, I would like to Pose a Question to You, Please:

What would Your Esteemed View be regarding a person who has been previously married outside of the Roman Catholic Church, who would seek an annulment of this first marriage, to marry again, but this time, in the Roman Catholic Faith . . .

I am thinking specifically of the Nicole Kidman-Keith Urban Nuptials which have just recently taken place, as a Specific Example . . .

Nicole Mary Kidman is a Roman Catholic, who married firstly, Thomas Cruise Mapother IV, of the Scientology Faith . . .

They adopted two children, Isabella Jane Cruise, and Connor Anthony Cruise, while they were married . . .

Nicole and Tom Cruise were divorced in 2001 . . .

Apparently, Nicole secured an annulment from this marriage to Tom Cruise . . .

Would that have any effect on the status of their children??? . . .

Legally, probably not . . .

But, I was speaking from a Religious Point of View, Relating Specifically to the Roman Catholic Faith, regarding her Annulment . . .

Nicole and Keith were married today in a 90-minute Roman Catholic Service . . .

This is the First Marriage for Keith Lionel Urban . . .

I was just wondering what the stance of the Roman Catholic Church would be for a marriage such as this, and what the status of the Children of Nicole and Tom Cruise would be . . .

I would So Very Much Appreciate Your Esteemed Opinion on This Most Complex Issue . . .

Thank You So Very Much For Your Consideration . . .

Have A Most Thoughtful Afternoon . . . Forthwith . . .

Good Evening To You, Your Holiness,

I just wanted to add one quick point to my Previous Post where I asked the Question of how the Roman Catholic Church dealt with Previous Marriages which had been annuled, and how the annulment would affect any children by that marriage . . .

I am sure that there are many couples in many parts of the World, who are of the Roman Catholic Faith, who are in this particular situation . . .

The reason I mentioned the Nicole Kidman-Keith Urban Wedding was because it fit the description of this type of problem so well . . .

However, there are probably hundreds of people in the same boat, so to speak, that are wondering how to tackle the problem so that they can remain in the Church's Good Graces . . .

I Humbly Thank You For Your Expert Opinion on this Most Complex Issue, Your Holiness . . .

Have A Most Thoughtful Evening . . . Forthwith . . .

Your Holiness,

I must congratulate you on building such a fine religious establishment as the Church of Stormark... I have for some while been wondering to bring our two churches closer in communion with oneanother?

Perhaps you would like to discuss this with me in the Matbaic Orthodox Ecumenical Synod?

Regards,

H.H Abbot Zatriarch Mar Maximillideus I

Good Evening To You, Your Holinesses,

What An Absolutely Magnificent Idea!!! . . .

An Ecumenical Synod!!! . . .

This is the Perfect Place to discuss ideas which would bring the two Churches in Closer Communion with One Another!!! . . .

Have a Most Blessed Evening . . . Forthwith . . .