guitar-play.gif

There is a Queen who weaves in the sky
See how She spins, see Her finger fly

She's been before us from beginning to end
She is our mother, lover and friend

She is the weaver and we are the web
She is the needle and we are thread

Lady Frigg never leaves us on the line
Through Her Love we're always doing fine!

Lady Law Speaker, Honourable Jarls,

In the name of the Three Ladies Divine, Frigga, Freyja and Idunn, Fulltrui and Sacred Queens of the Good Lands of Valtia Reborn, from Whom all Authority in the Lands of the Longships Throne is derived, Her High Holiness the Yfirstormarksgythia and High Priestess of the Thingeyri Temple, Sigrdrífa the Priestess of the House of Vanadís, Ærkejarla of Thingeyri and the Idunn Isles, does hereby submit this Bill to the Most Honourable Jarls in this present Althing assembled for their consideration as law:

A Bill

Most Gracious Sovereign Lord and Ruler of all the Lands Whatsoever Where Man Can Smell the Scent of Saline Waters or Hear the Sound of Crashing Waves,

WHEREAS it would be tremendously conducive to the continued economic security and stability of the Twenty-Six Jarldoms if His Imperial and Royal Majesty's Government would have at its disposal a large emergency supply of petroleum and petroleum products to offset a severe interruption in the supply of the commodities aforesaid

AND WHEREAS we, Your Imperial and Royal Majesty's Most Faithful Jarls in the Althing assembled, have most joyously seen fit to make provision for the creation and establishment of such an emergency supply of the aforementioned commodities which are known as petroleum and petroleum products as well as the operation and maintenance thereof;

NOW, THEREFORE, we, Your Imperial and Royal Majesty's most dutiful and loyal Patricians, the Most Honourable Jarls of the High Realm in the Althing assembled, have freely and voluntarily resolved to provide for the creation and establishment of Stormarks Riges Strategiske Petroleumsreserven by this Act of ours and through the provisions of the Act aforesaid prescribe the manner it shall be operated and maintained as well as various matter ancillary thereto, and we do most humbly beseech Your Imperial Valtian Viking Majesty that You may be graciously pleased to assent to and confirm as Law the following decision of Your Most Faithful Althingi Jarls:

AN ACT TO MAKE PROVISION CONCERNING THE CREATION, OPERATION AND MAINTENANCE OF A STRATEGIC PETROLEUM RESERVE FOR THE LANDS OF THE LONGSHIPS THRONE; AND TO MAKE PROVISION FOR MATTERS CONNECTED TO THE AFORESAID.

Article 1: Strategic Petroleum Reserve
The Most Honourable Jarls in the Althing assembled hereby command the Warden of the Inland to create a Strategic Petroleum Reserve (hereafter in the Act to be referred to as "Stormarks Riges Strategiske Petroleumsreserven") for the storage of up to twenty-six billion barrels of petroleum and petroleum products, as well as adequate physical facilities for the maintenance and secure transport of the same. 

Article 2: Role of the Warden of the Inland
The Warden of the Inland, subject to the Oversight and Review of the High King in the High Council of the Realm, shall exercise His Imperial and Royal Majesty's Government's authority over the development, operation, and maintenance of Stormarks Riges Strategiske Petroleumsreserven.

Article 3: Physical Security of Stormarks Riges Strategiske Petroleumsreserven
The physical security of the facilities for Stormarks Riges Strategiske Petroleumsreserven shall be the responsibility of the Stallari of the Fleur de Lys-Longships Guard, in coordination with the Warden of the Inland.

Article 4: Requirement for Drawdown and Sale 
(a) No drawdown or sale of petroleum and petroleum products from Stormarks Riges Strategiske Petroleumsreserven shall be made unless the High King in the High Council of the Realm has, by Order, determined that drawdown and/or sale are required by a severe interruption in the supply of petroleum and petroleum products.

(b) Whosoever shall violate the provision in the aforegoing Subarticle shall, upon conviction thereof by the Court of the Realm, suffer a fine equivalent to double the market price of the drawn-down and/or sold petroleum or petroleum products, as applicable, payable to Stormarks Riges Strategiske Petroleumsreserven Fund. In addition may, at the discretion of the aforesaid Law Chambers. the penalty of intermediate outlawry be imposed.

Article 5: Drawdown for Armed and Emergency Services
Notwithstanding the preceding Article, the Most Honourable Jarls in the Althing assembled hereby decree that drawdown of petroleum and petroleum products from Stormarks Riges Strategiske Petroleumsreserven for use by armed or emergency services authorized by or under Althingi Law may be made on the authority of the High King in the High Council of the Realm, at the request of the Warden of the Army and the Fleets or the Warden of the Inland, respectively, and the same shall apply to the Stallari of the Fleur de Lys-Longships Guard.  

Article 6: Conditions Constituting a Severe Interruption of Petroleum Supply
It shall be deemed by the High King in the Imperial Conference at the Vanadísarhall that a severe interruption in the supply of petroleum and petroleum products exists in the event that He determines that:

• an emergency situation exists and there is a significant reduction in supply which is of significant scope and duration;
  • a severe increase in the price of petroleum and petroleum products has resulted from such emergency situation; and
  • such price increase is likely to cause a major adverse impact on the Storish economy.

Article 7: Petroleum and Petroleum Products to Be Sold at Public Sale
The Warden of the Inland shall sell petroleum and petroleum products withdrawn from Stormarks Riges Strategiske Petroleumsreserven at public sale to the highest qualified bidder, in the amounts necessary or authorized by the High King in the High Council of the Realm for the period, and after a notice of sale considered appropriate by the aforesaid Sovereign in the Imperial Conference at the Vanadísarhall, and without regard to local regulations controlling sales of petroleum products, provided always that the Warden of the Inland may, prior to actual sale and delivery, cancel in whole or in part any offer to sell as part of any drawdown and sale under this Article.

Article 8: Stormarks Riges Strategiske Petroleumsreservenfond
There shall, upon the coming into operation of this Act, stand established within the State Treasury a Fund which shall be known as Stormarks Riges Strategiske Petroleumsreservenfond, to which all monies from sales of petroleum and petroleum products from Stormarks Riges Strategiske Petroleumsreserven shall accrue, and the same shall apply to all fines and forfeitures under this Act.

Article 9: Accrued Monies to be Used for Replenishment
It is hereby decreed by the Most Honourable Jarls in the Althing assembled that monies accruing to Stormarks Riges Strategiske Petroleumsreservenfond from the drawdown and sale of petroleum and petroleum products from Stormarks Riges Strategiske Petroleumsreserven shall be used to purchase replenishment stores at a market price beneficial to His Imperial and Royal Majesty's Government as the High King in the High Council of the Realm or the Warden of the Inland may direct.

Article 10: Petroleum Tax
(a) A tax of twenty (20) Ríkskrónar per oil barrel (herein defined as 42 gallons) shall be levied on all petroleum and petroleum products sourced and produced from within the Twenty-Six Jarldoms, as well as on all petroleum and petroleum products imported into the Twenty-Six Jarldoms, with five (5) Ríkskrónar of each levy accruing to Stormarks Riges Strategiske Petroleumsreservenfond, five (5) Ríkskrónar of each levy accruing to the General Fund of the Konungshofhâlding, and the remaining ten (10) Ríkskrónar of each levy to His Imperial and Royal Majesty's Government, provided that two such Ríkskrónar of each levy accruing to His Imperial and Royal Majesty's Government shall accrue to Stormarks Riges Investeringsfond.

(b) Whosoever shall violate the provision which has been laid down in the preceding Subarticle by the Most Honourable Jarls in the Althing assembled shall, upon conviction thereof by the Court of the Realm, suffer a fine equivalent to double the market price of the untaxed or mis-taxed petroleum or petroleum products, as applicable, payable to Stormarks Riges Strategiske Petroleumsreserven Fund. In addition may, at the discretion of the aforesaid Law Chambers. the penalty of intermediate outlawry be imposed.

Article 11: Delegation by the Warden of the inalnd
The Warden of the Inland may, by Directive, delegate tasks or authority vested in zir office in accordance with this Act to a subordinate office or officer within zir Hall of His Imperial and Royal Majesty's Government.

Article 12: Power to Make Rules and Regulations 

The High King in the High Council of the Realm may make all the rules and regulations He may deem necessary or expedient to carry the purposes and provisions of this Act into effect.

Article 13: Short Title and Commencement

This Act may be cited as the Strategic Petroleum Reserve Act of Year 18 and shall come into operation immediatly after it has received the Imperial Assent.

Memorandum of Explanation

A High Priestess wishes to convey that the why and wherefore of this Bill is to be found in its whereases.

* A High Priestess prays out loud and lustily. *

Thy Most Sacred Majesties,

Direct, I beseech Thee, O Fulltrui and Sacred Queens, the actions of us Jarls in this present Althing assembled by Thy most sacred inspirations and carry them on by Thy most gracious assistance; that every word and work of ours may always begin from Thee, O Three Ladies Divine, and by Thee be happily ended; through Thy Most Sacred Majesties' Love, so mote it be.

Honourable Jarls,

In the name of the Three Ladies Divine, Frigga, Freyja and Idunn, Fulltrui and Sacred Queens of the Good Lands of Valtia Reborn, from Whom all Authority in the Lands of the Longships Throne is derived, all of me, Lady Aoife the Celt of the House of the Descendants of Freyja, Krónjarla of Stormark, Imperial Chieftainess of the Sólareyjar, Bloodroyal and Ærkejarla of the Sólareyjar, Law Speaker of the Althing, grants the Applejarla leave to submit this Bill of hers to all of you here in this present Althing assembled.

Discussion and debate on this Bill will be open for a period of one week.

Honourable Jarls,

Mine gratitude would be as great as the mighty bosom of the Lady Unna if the Snæjarla would dance skyclad in the Althingi Hall and its premises in honour of the Fulltrui and Sacred Queens of Lands of the Longships Throne and the joy this present sitting will bring unto the Twenty-Six Jarldoms.

Lady Law Speaker,
Honourable Jarls,

It seems that I in my fervour have not only created a new idiom (I hope Lady Unna takes no offence, I am simply in awe!) but also a new tradition in this hall.

I shall graciously accept the invitation of the Lady Law Speaker, and I would be immensely grateful, indeed, my gratitude would be as great as the mighty bosom of the Lady Unna, if other members would seek to join me in this dance.

As I now disrobe myself, I wish to enquire to the Lady Law Speaker as to the rules of clothing here in the Althing. Is it lawful for me to always be sky-clad when in the Althing? Lady Law Speaker will understand that I would much desire that.

1 hour ago, Ærinndís said:

As I now disrobe myself, I wish to enquire to the Lady Law Speaker as to the rules of clothing here in the Althing. Is it lawful for me to always be sky-clad when in the Althing? Lady Law Speaker will understand that I would much desire that.

Honourable Jarls,

Article 2 of the Althing Statute provides the manner in which one has to be dressed when attending sessions of the Most Honourable Jarls in the Althing assembled. Since the Althingi Hall is a Fulltrui Temple and the Thingvellir part of its Holy Premises, the Snæjarla, as well as any other individual who wishes to honour the Fulltrui and Sacred Queens, has, of course, under Article XXXXIII of the Fifth Chapter of Stormarks Riges Grundlov the superseding right of option to choose to be skyclad in the Althingi Hall, as well as on the Thingvellir, at all times.

Lady Law Speaker,
Honourable Jarls,

I am grateful for the answer and hereby make, with the Althing as my witness, this solemn vow to the Fulltrui and Sacred Queens, as I wish to honour them, that I shall be sky-clad at all times whenever on the Thingvellir or in the Althingi Hall.

*disrobes, then starts dancing*

10 hours ago, Ærinndís said:

Lady Law Speaker,
Honourable Jarls,

It seems that I in my fervour have not only created a new idiom (I hope Lady Unna takes no offence, I am simply in awe!) but also a new tradition in this hall.

Allow me to say I superabundantly like the new idiom that the Snæjarla has coined and that I would love it should the Lady Ærinndís endeavour to create much and more Storish idioms! To a Vanakvinna it is an honour and blessing Divine to be stacked up as high as Thorfinn's Tower because breasts symbolize fertility, so the bigger the better; being commented on the size and appeal of her mammary glands is therefore a tremendous compliment. :dd: 

*Regally and elegantly the Lady Unna slowly disvests herself of the silken raiments adorning her gorgeous body. Only clad in a smile bright enough to light up the whole of Reikistjarna, she commences dancing in honour of the Goddesses Frigga, Freyja and Idunn. Joyfully and sensually the Lady High Justiciar swirls, twirls, dips, jumps, shakes and wiggles away. Her breasts, in their massive majesty, rise and fall by compass and measure like a clock. Her performance is so breathtakingly awesome that some folks present at the Althingi Hall and the Thingvellir wonder whether it actually is Princess Thiadís Ballindís dancing there, with her appearance concealed by a glamour.*

*Joining her Althingi Sisters the Yfirstormarksgythia and High Priestess of the Thingeyri Temple graciously removes her finery, solemnly and joyfully revealing her body; a sacred act which to the Vanafolk since times ancient beyond the memory of woman is known as Freyusdans ("Freyja's dance") and which is also mentioned in the Ancient Covenant, the eternal Pact between the Vanic Gods and Goddesses and the Vanafolkfor the happiness, benefit, prosperity and power of both the mortals and the Lords and Ladies Divine. Subsequently Her High Holiness performs an advanced form of Heiðrdans.*

Astrid Heiðrdans.gif

* The Rosejarla ritually strips off her garments and joins in the dancing in honour of the Fulltrui and Sacred Queens of the Lands of the Longships Throne. *

A High Priestess wishes to convey that the Rosejarla is truly stacked up as high as Thorfinn's Tower! She is a fine Heiðrdanser as well!

Mine gratitude to the Applejarla for her kind words of appreciation is as great as the mighty bosom of the Lady Unna! The same for a certainty applies to mine parents who are overjoyed that the small fortune they spent on Heiðrdans classes for me by Princess Thiadís Ballindís has paid off. 

Honourable Jarls,

In the name of the Three Ladies Divine, Frigga, Freyja and Idunn, Fulltrui and Sacred Queens of the Good Lands of Valtia Reborn, from Whom all Authority in the Lands of the Longships Throne is derived, all of me has noted that motion for Unanimous Consent has been made and wonders whether all of me shall hear a second?

Lady Law Speaker,
Honourable Jarls,

I shall be honoured to second that motion!

Lady Law Speaker,
Honourable Jarls,

Pray be advised that the Brísingajarla is also superabundantly honoured to second the motion for Unanimous Consent. To her the honour aforesaid is as great as her mighty bosom, for that matter!

Honourable Jarls,

In the name of the Three Ladies Divine, Frigga, Freyja and Idunn, Fulltrui and Sacred Queens of the Good Lands of Valtia Reborn, from Whom all Authority in the Lands of the Longships Throne is derived, all of me has noted that a motion for Unanimous Consent has been made and seconded. All of me is in agreement with the evocation of Unanimous Consent and this Bill will pass in 36 hours unless one of you who belongs to the body of the Most Honourable Jarls in the Althing assembled shall express zir objection against the Bill aforesaid by casting zir vote against it during the aforesaid allotted voting time.

Honourable Jarls,

In the name of the Three Ladies Divine, Frigga, Freyja and Idunn, Fulltrui and Sacred Queens of the Good Lands of Valtia Reborn, from Whom all Authority in the Lands of the Longships Throne is derived, all of me has noted that none of you has casted zir vote against the Bill and therefore it is hereby pronounced passed by the Most Honourable Jarls in this present Althing assembled. All of me shall forthwith, in mine capacity of Imperial Regent of the Lands of the Longships Throne, take this Bill in mine consideration for the Imperial Assent.

Honourable Jarls,

All of me does hereby inform you that all of me has granted the Imperial Assent to the Strategic Petroleum Reserve Bill and the said Bill has therefore become Law as the Strategic Petroleum Reserve Act of Year 18.