Sign in to follow this  
Sigrdrífa the Priestess

Björka Hnossdóttir, Queen of Archers

Björka Hnossdóttir Arrow2.png

The Storjarla Björka Hnossdóttir was an avid sportswoman. Here is Her Imperial Highness posing as "Queen of Archers" in the Godsgrove of the Mardöll Chapter Hall, the local Valtian headquarters of the Grand Mysterious Sisterhood which is known as the Daughters of Freyja, subsequent to winning the annual archery contest of the Chapter of the Daughters of Freyja of Valtia City.

Allow me to say that the Storjarla Björka looks, as always, superabundantly regal! :worshippy:

8 hours ago, Sigrdrífa the Priestess said:

A High Priestess wonders whether the Lady Ærinndís is good at archery?

As a teenager, yes, but it's been many many years since I last shot a bow...

45 minutes ago, Ærinndís said:

As a teenager, yes, but it's been many many years since I last shot a bow...

Lady Ærinndís,

In your youth on the Mysterious Isles you indeed were very proficient with the bow. You used your considerable archery skills to hunt game, and you also won several archery contests.

To this very day various annual archery contests are held in your honour. One of the best-known of them is the one held at Flóðhǫll, which is the seat of the Kjøpsvik Branch of the House of Ettlingar Freyu as well as the home of your parents Jarl Gudrödar Grjotgardsson of Ettlingar Feyu and Lady Gudrid Thorbjarnardottir of the Houses of Kaupsted and the Descendants of Freyja. Another well-known one is held at Pierrefeu, the capital of the Isle St Jean - a nice island which appertains to the Duchy of Gascony.

In your days as Queen Consort of Batavia you even were the Patroness of the Archers' Guild of 's Koningenwaarde. 

There is also a tale from your betrothal feast about your prowess with the bow. Your bethothed one and future husband Count Arkadius of Vinandy, who later would become King Arkadius I of Batavia,  had tremendous trust in you and also was quite in awe of your archery skills. An obnoxious outlandish guest - Elric Ugiwirith, who at the time was the Ambassador of the Kingdom of Imeoslesian to the Realm of the Mysterious Isles, to whom Arkadius was boasting about your skill with the bow - arrogantly and categorically denied those skills of yours. This annoyed Arkadius, so he decided to teach Elric Ugiwirith a sharp lesson. Quickly Arkadius arranged for you be handed a bow, and put an apple on his head. And you shot that apple off Arkadius' head, gracefully, flawlessly and seemingly effortlessly. To the great hilarity of the guests present, Elric Ugiwirith turned beet red of embarassment, perplexity and awkwardness and then he fainted.

Allow me ro say that the Lady Ærinndís is nigh as awesome as the Lady Björka! :worshippy:

3 hours ago, Birgitta the Bold said:

Lady Ærinndís,

In your youth on the Mysterious Isles you indeed were very proficient with the bow. You used your considerable archery skills to hunt game, and you also won several archery contests.

To this very day various annual archery contests are held in your honour. One of the best-known of them is the one held at Flóðhǫll, which is the seat of the Kjøpsvik Branch of the House of Ettlingar Freyu as well as the home of your parents Jarl Gudrödar Grjotgardsson of Ettlingar Feyu and Lady Gudrid Thorbjarnardottir of the Houses of Kaupsted and the Descendants of Freyja. Another well-known one is held at Pierrefeu, the capital of the Isle St Jean - a nice island which appertains to the Duchy of Gascony.

In your days as Queen Consort of Batavia you even were the Patroness of the Archers' Guild of 's Koningenwaarde. 

There is also a tale from your betrothal feast about your prowess with the bow. Your bethothed one and future husband Count Arkadius of Vinandy, who later would become King Arkadius I of Batavia,  had tremendous trust in you and also was quite in awe of your archery skills. An obnoxious outlandish guest - Elric Ugiwirith, who at the time was the Ambassador of the Kingdom of Imeoslesian to the Realm of the Mysterious Isles, to whom Arkadius was boasting about your skill with the bow - arrogantly and categorically denied those skills of yours. This annoyed Arkadius, so he decided to teach Elric Ugiwirith a sharp lesson. Quickly Arkadius arranged for you be handed a bow, and put an apple on his head. And you shot that apple off Arkadius' head, gracefully, flawlessly and seemingly effortlessly. To the great hilarity of the guests present, Elric Ugiwirith turned beet red of embarassment, perplexity and awkwardness and then he fainted.

Oh Lady Birgitta, I was hoping this story wouldn't come out! Following the fall of the Imeoslesian realm, Elric Ugiwirith actually settled in the Heartland and became a good friend of mine. We have at many times  in private laughed at this story, and I am told now, is much better skilled with the bow. I haven't dared compete with him, though. Perhaps next time I'm in the Heartland....

22 hours ago, Birgitta the Bold said:

Beschermvrouwe van het Boogschuttersgilde van 's Koningenwaarde. :thumbsup5:

21 hours ago, Ærinndís said:

Oh Lady Birgitta, I was hoping this story wouldn't come out! Following the fall of the Imeoslesian realm, Elric Ugiwirith actually settled in the Heartland and became a good friend of mine. We have at many times  in private laughed at this story, and I am told now, is much better skilled with the bow. I haven't dared compete with him, though. Perhaps next time I'm in the Heartland....

Lady Ærinndís,

May I beg for mercy for spilling the beans on that little secret of yours? ;)