Sign in to follow this  
Princess Esther

Château de Vathune

Château de Vathune.png

This is Château de Vathune. This castle is the seat of the Imperial Chieftainess of Normandie and it's therefore is my crib!

Château de Vathune commands and overlooks a village which is known as Quiry from which it is separated by a river called La Rivière de la Bourluçon. The castle was recently renovated at the commission of the Imperial Chieftainess of Normandie. The most striking work that was carried out, was the fitting of the three highest towers with domes. This was done partly to honour her Babkhi heritage and her mother, the late Kaiseress Noor of Shireroth - of Glorious and Beloved Memory - and partly, as is the case with the most high of the aforementioned towers, to install an observatory.

Your Imperial and Royal Highness,

Are you sure that you have got some space to spare for a possible future secretariat for the Lady Salome, the Lord Kir, the Lady Kian, and the Lord Rubin? ;)

Haha! :lol::worshippy: 

My household has managed, with a great deal of difficulty though, to find a tiny, dark, dank and smelly nondescript cellar deep in the most backwaterish bowels of Château de Vathune to house that secretariat for my grandnieces and grandnephews. ;) :loveit:

So there is no room for a nursery for the four little ones? 😉

A nursery?! More like it that they'll be in need for a retirement home by the time they might be able to collect their inheritance.

Touché! :loveit: :thumbsup5:

On 6/5/2019 at 12:14 PM, Princess Esther said:

A nursery?! More like it that they'll be in need for a retirement home by the time they might be able to collect their inheritance.

Or for their children, or grand children...

5 hours ago, Ærinndís said:

Or for their children, or grand children...

Fair enough. I will order my Grand Maréchal des Logis, Lady Ylithyrra Bryqirelle of the House of Wynather, to commission the Lady Ingibjörg de Béthune of the House of Ydermure, an Norman noblewoman who is one of Stormark's top architects, to design an opulent nursery for my grandnieces and grandnephews as well as their possible future little ones.

Lady Ingibjörg has been involved in numerous projects for the Imperial Government of Stormark and the House of Ettlingar Freyu such as Saint Andrews HallHornwood House, the Basilique du Sacré-Cœur de QuimperPalais de Saint Louis le Protecteur, and the Cathedral of the Return of the Mother. In short: it will be a funtastic nursery! (And "funtastic" is not a misspelling. :loveit: )

How lovely!! I am sure that that would be so lovely for the dynasty! But pray tell, Lady Esther, how much of the the children's funds will be taken to fund the refurbishments? Surely, you will think of the future dividends of the fund and not over-exceed the budget!

1 hour ago, Ærinndís said:

But pray tell, Lady Esther, how much of the the children's funds will be taken to fund the refurbishments?

Not a single öre, Lady Ærinndís! The Maison de la Cheffin Impériale de Normandie, which is my Imperial Household, has a quite sizable budget for the maintenence, renovation and refurbishment of my residences in the Knightly Jarldom. 🙂

10 hours ago, Princess Esther said:

Not a single öre, Lady Ærinndís! The Maison de la Cheffin Impériale de Normandie, which is my Imperial Household, has a quite sizable budget for the maintenence, renovation and refurbishment of my residences in the Knightly Jarldom. 🙂

Such an awfully kind aunt, you are, Lady Esther! 

1 hour ago, Ærinndís said:

Such an awfully kind aunt, you are, Lady Esther! 

Thank you, Lady Ærinndís! 😊

Taking good, loving care of my loved ones is in my blood and something from which I derive great joy. :loveit:

2 hours ago, Princess Esther said:

Thank you, Lady Ærinndís! 😊

Taking good, loving care of my loved ones is in my blood and something from which I derive great joy. :loveit:

I am certain it is – what qualities would you say, Lady Esther, that you have inherited from your respective parents?

4 hours ago, Ærinndís said:

I am certain it is – what qualities would you say, Lady Esther, that you have inherited from your respective parents?

Lady Ærinndís,

Without wishing to blow my own trumpet, I have inherited the following qualities from my parents:

• Mother: regality, business acumen, political astuteness, sense of fashion, toughness, curiosity, intelligence, wisdom, intellectualism, elegance, brazen wit, adventurousness, sharp tongue, and fiery, protective temper.
  • Father: dutifulness, steadfastness, joie de vivre, sense of justice, resilience, being a fine law-maker, savoir vivre, and love of pomp, pageantry and extravagance.
  • Both parents: ability to govern well, dignity, work ethic, self-confidence, and nigh hopeless romanticism laced with a slight touch of mild cynicism (In the latter I'm the perfect embodiment of the fusion of my parents; my father being a hopeless romantic and my mother being a mild cynic).

On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 2:07 PM, Ærinndís said:

Lady Ærinndís,

What qualities would you say that you have in common with your great-grandniece, the Lady Esther?

Lady Sigrdrífa, I think that would be better for others to decide. But I certainly share  a sense of justice, dutifulness, steadfastness, resilience, self confidence and work ethic with her. I am sure we have it from our shared ancestor.

6 hours ago, Ærinndís said:

But I certainly share  a sense of justice, dutifulness, steadfastness, resilience, self confidence and work ethic with her. I am sure we have it from our shared ancestor.

Jarl Gudrödar Grjotgardsson of Ettlingar Freyu, the Old Falcon, also known as Gudrödar the Elder. The man you and the High King call "farsa".

Or a little bit further up the line of descent: the Storjarla Björka Hnossdóttir, progenitress mortal of the House of Ettlingar Freyu, and an absolute legend ("a little bit" is, of course, used ironically :loveit:  ). 

Björka2.jpg

Her Imperial Highness the Storjarla Björka Hnossdóttir, progenitress mortal of the House of Ettlingar Freyu. 

Björka Hnossdóttir was a Lady Imperial and Vanic Priestess from the Days of Valtia and is an absolute legend. Born the daughter of the Goddess Hnoss and an Elf called Thordynnar Galtivaris, Björka is the progenitress mortal of the House of Ettlingar Freyu. Throughout time, and to this very day, the Lady Björka has been a folk heroine, role model, and source of inspiration for men and women alike in Vanarike and its sphere of influence.

Björka was a beautiful woman with full lips and golden hair, which she kept long and often wore loose, but occasionally braided or bound up in rings. Her body was tall and slender with massive mammaries, in which she took great pride. Her big blue eyes reflected her moods, turning bright, smooth and sparkling like the Sacred Sea on a sunny day or hard as stone.

As a person Björka was kind-hearted, graceful, generous, playful, cheery, warm-hearted, adventurous, impulsive, and given to flights of fancy, with a mischievous aspect to her personality. She was unceasingly delighted, utterly curious, and invariably fizzing with energy. Every decision she made was straight from her tremendous instinct, heart, intuition and taste. She loved travelling, music, dancing, spinning, weaving, swordplay, martial arts and poetry. Björka possessed excellent knowledge of medicine, particularly antibiotics, and has also provided notable refinements in the fields of science. The progenitress mortal of the House of Ettlingar Freyu also was a fine craftswoman who was renowned all over Reikistjarna for her erotic sculptures, paintings, and other works of art.

Björka was responsible for putting in place new rules for the preservation of excellence in the arts. She so fruitfully boosted local Valtian trades(wo)men's skills, that in a remarkably short space of time they began to exceed their counterparts elsewhere on Reikistjarna, achieving new heights of technical skill. Together she and her noble peers would become arbiters and rulers of taste who observed universal rules of classical proportion in buildings and in the making of every conceivable article from a silver goblet to a chieftain's chair. They placed no restrictive limits upon innovation and imagination and a patron could be viewed as being as eccentric as zie liked, and many were.

Aside from being a patron of the arts, Björka was a patron of learning as well. She had an insatiable thirst for knowledge and invited innumerable scholars from all over Reikistjarna - including wise (wo)men, teachers, priestesses, healers, singers, wizards, alchemists, and sorcerors - to the Isle of Valtia. In addition she founded and funded numerous institutes of learning as well as countless other educational establishments, some of which have managed to survive and thrive to these present times. Björka is also the author of the earliest known work of heraldic jurisprudence, Af Innsigli og Vápn, and she also commissioned the first known roll of arms, Valtias Vápnbók.

A voluptuous, sensual, and passionate woman who was blessed with a staggering amount of bravado and confidence, Björka could also be very stern, serious and harsh, but usually was very forgiving and magnamonious. She was a proven battle commander and politician, and had a very powerful presence combined with an awe-inspiring gaze. Björka was both a dragonrider and a warrior, comfortable in both silk and armour. When garbed as a warrior, she always wielded the magical sword Thunderfury. Björka was in peak physical condition for all but the very last days of her life.

Björka was fiercely protective of her husbands and children, whom she loved deeply. The same applied to her other family members. The progenitress mortal of the House of Ettlingar Freyu was famous for a smile that could melt peoples hearts and that was so bright that it could light up the entire planet. She also had a good sense of humour and loved to laugh. The progenitress mortal of the House of Ettlingar Freyu went to great lengths to please those enjoying her hospitality, and she derived great pleasure from that. Gunnar Greencloak, a famous explorer from the Days of Valtia, described Björka in his journal as "of the warmest, kindest, most driven and outgoing people one could ever meet".

Known as "the thirteen language orator" in her childhood already, Björka was quite the hyperpolyglot. In addition to speaking and writing 13 languages fluently, she spoke and wrote about 39 languages in total at a conversational level and could understand many more. The Ibelinois Ambassador to the Valtian Free State once said: "Her Imperial Highness' command of so many languages is amazing beyond belief. It is as if she possessed those languages as if they were her mother tongue".

In her teens it became evident that Björka was always in for a voyage. The Chieftains of Valtia therefore always knew where to turn to if they needed a high-ranking person to go on a quest for them, the most famous of those being the Quest for Mím. Björka also travelled extensively for her own business as well as leisure and amusement. Owing to her fondness for journeying and her very long life, there were only a few places on Reikistjarna where Björka had not been. Her travels yielded an extensive collection of artifacts - some of them to this very day still in the possession of the House of Ettlingar Freyu - for which she had a special annexe to Falkurhǫll built.

Although generally good natured, if provoked Björka could display a show of right Imperial temper! Once she threw her gauntlet at her husband Hjalmgeir and, if really angry, she would threaten to send people to the Hegningarhúsið! Those who married without her consent, could well find themselves under lock and key! Björka's bark was usually worse than her bite, however, and although in certain ignorant circles Björka has earned the reputation of being moody and fierce, this is wholly undeserving. Even her contemporaries said that the anger of other chieftains was far more frightening than the anger of this Storjarla! Björka usually only got angry if there was good cause.

Björka was a woman of huge appetites, who knew how to take her pleasures. She was quite promiscuous - even for a Vanakvinna, Welcoming Woman and Vanic Priestess - having bedded more than 10,000,000 individuals, men and women alike, and was extremely proud of her sexual prowess. Although Vanakvinner, Welcoming Women and Vanic Priestesses are supposed to be lechers beyond belief, Björka took it up a notch. A bunch of notches actually. Being tremendously fond of orgies, Björka lusts are to this very day the subject of profound admiration as well as ribald drinking songs throughout Vanarike. She considered the concept of monogamy quaint, but unrealistic.

Björka Hnossdóttir, my foremommy mortal and heroine!

:worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy:

:worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy:

:worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy: 

15 hours ago, Ærinndís said:

But I certainly share  a sense of justice, dutifulness, steadfastness, resilience, self confidence and work ethic with her. I am sure we have it from our shared ancestor.

Lady Ærinndís,

What are your thoughts about your ancestor, the Lady Björka? And would you say that you have in common with her?

On 6/10/2019 at 2:33 AM, Birgitta the Bold said:

Be like Björka! :party:

Björka is simply the best! :cheers2: :headbanger: :dd:

That is most certainly what all the folks around the Twenty-Six Jarldoms think, who to this very day own land that was once granted to their ancestors by the Storjarla Björka Hnossdóttir.

Lady Sigrdrífa

Lady Björka's love of languages is shared with me. I should also like to think I share her kindness and good humour. And like her, I am a progenitor myself through my two daughters Theodora and Fränzi-Ferdinanda.

However, I do not consider monogamy unrealistic. During my marriage with King Arkadius I des Vinandy, I am proud to say that he was my only man.

3 hours ago, Ærinndís said:

However, I do not consider monogamy unrealistic. During my marriage with King Arkadius I des Vinandy, I am proud to say that he was my only man.

Lady Ærinndís,

A High Priestess wonders what questions Your Imperial and Royal Highness would ask the Lady Björka if you could talk to her?

Where was the Lady Björka born?