and we have always won.

And so they spoke, and so they spoke,
that horde of barbarians.

But now the winds wail over their bones,
with no one there to hear.

Yes now the winds wail over their bones,
and not a soul to hear.

Lady Law Speaker, Honourable Jarls,

In the name of the Three Ladies Divine, Frigga, Freyja and Idunn, Fulltrui and Sacred Queens of the Good Lands of Valtia Reborn, from Whom all Authority in the Lands of the Longships Throne is derived, I, Lady Unna of the House of Vanadís, Bloodroyal and Ærkejarla of Freyja's Necklace, do hereby beg leave to submit this Bill to the Most Honourable Jarls in this present Althing assembled for their consideration as law:

A Bill

AN ACT TO CHANGE THE NAME OF THE CAPITAL OF THE LONGSHIPS ISLANDS FROM SWEET VICKY TO NOORBY; AND TO CHANGE THE NAME OF THE CITY OF TALL VICKY TO AYREONBY.

Article 1. Sweet Vicky to Noorby
The Royal City in the Jarldom of the Longships Islands which was hitherto known as the Royal City of Sweet Vicky shall upon the coming into operation of this Act become and be known as the Royal City of Noorby.

Article 2. Tall Vicky to Ayreonby
The City in the Jarldom of the Longships Islands which was hitherto known as the City of Tall Vicky shall upon the coming into operation of this Act become and be known as the City of Ayreonby.

Article 3. Short Title
This Act may be cited as the Noorby Act of Year 16.

Article 4. Commencement
This Act shall come into operation immediately after it has received the Imperial Assent.

Allow me to explain that the purpose of this Bill is to change the name of Sweet Vicky to Noorby in honour of the late goodgranddaughter of the High King, the Kaiseress Noor of Shireroth, of deeply mourned, beloved and glorious memory.

Permit to furthermore explain that the Bill also changes the name of Tall Vicky to Ayreonby as expression of appreciation for the four Kaisers Ayreon, past to present.

* Prays aloud. *

Thy Most Sacred Majesties,

Direct, I beseech Thee, O Fulltrui and Sacred Queens, the actions of us Jarls in this present Althing assembled by Thy most sacred inspirations and carry them on by Thy most gracious assistance; that every word and work of ours may always begin from Thee, O Three Ladies Divine, and by Thee be happily ended; through Thy Most Sacred Majesties' Love, so mote it be.

Honourable Jarls,

In the name of the Three Ladies Divine, Frigga, Freyja and Idunn, Fulltrui and Sacred Queens of the Good Lands of Valtia Reborn, from Whom all Authority in the Lands of the Longships Throne is derived, all of me, Lady Aoife the Celt of the House of the Descendants of Freyja, Krónjarla of Stormark, Imperial Chieftainess of the Sólareyjar, Bloodroyal and Ærkejarla of the Sólareyjar, Law Speaker of the Althing, grants the Brísingajarla leave to submit this Bill of hers to all of you here in this present Althing assembled.

Discussion and debate on this Bill will be open for a period of one week.

Changing the name of the capital of the Longships Islands to Noorby is a very fitting honour for one of the most awesome Ladies Imperial who has ever trod Micras. The Lady Noor was a fine ruler for Shireroth and an asset for the House of Ettlingar Freyu, which she through her loving womb expanded with two beautiful and lusty members: Prince Vilhjálm of Amokolia and the Princess Esther of Anglia, and loving wife of my grandson King Noah of Elwynn. She still is deeply mourned by the population of the Longships Islands who wanted to see their beloved Jarla grace them with her magnificent presence more often, but have been so cruelly robbed from that possiblity. The Lady Noor dazzled all of us Stormarkers during her last visit to Stormark -  a State Visit followed by a holiday to the Duchy of Normandie - with her elegance, beauty, grace, intelligence, savoir vivre, strength, wit and sophistication. The Storjarla Noor will always live on in our hearts and minds, and through this honour of naming the capital of the Pirate Queen Jarldom after her, her cherished legacy may live on for an eternity.

The same applies to the four Ayreons, especially the first and the third, who played a significant part in the history of the Twenty-Six Jarldoms. The late Ayreon the First, of beloved memory,  diligently and wisely served the High Realm in many capacities. He also is an ancestor, through the late Storjarla Esther, of several descendants of mine. The late Ayreon the Third was my legacy grandson and served, way too briefly, as a competent High Justiciar until his very untimely demise. Just like the Lady Noor they are the embodiment of the special bonds and ties which exist between the House of Ettlingar Freyu and the House of Ayreon-Kalirion as well the countries ruled by the afresaid Imperial and Royal Houses.

The High King and Gulajarl begs leave to move for Unanimous Consent.

The Brísingajarla seconds the move for Unanimous Consent.

Honourable Jarls,

In the name of the Three Ladies Divine, Frigga, Freyja and Idunn, Fulltrui and Sacred Queens of the Good Lands of Valtia Reborn, from Whom all Authority in the Lands of the Longships Throne is derived, all of me has noted that the motion for Unanimous Consent has been seconded. All of me is in agreement with the evocation of Unanimous Consent and this Bill will pass in 12 hours unless one of you who belongs to the body of the Most Honourable Jarls in the Althing assembled shall express zir objection against the Bill aforesaid by casting zir vote against it during the aforesaid allotted voting time.

Honourable Jarls,

In the name of the Three Ladies Divine, Frigga, Freyja and Idunn, Fulltrui and Sacred Queens of the Good Lands of Valtia Reborn, from Whom all Authority in the Lands of the Longships Throne is derived, all of me has noted that none of you has casted zir vote against the Bill and therefore it is hereby pronounced passed by the the Most Honourable Jarls in this present Althing assembled. All of me does hereby submit this Bill to the High King for the Imperial Assent.

Lady Law Speaker,

We do hereby inform you that We have granted Our Imperial Assent to the Noorby Bill and the said Bill has therefore become Law as the Noorby Act of Year 16.