The High Realm of Stormark
Sign in to follow this  
Unna

Inauguration of the High Justiciar for the Sokkvabekk 16 Term

Unna    0

68x3sp.jpg

At the ruins of Harald's Holdfast a crowd has assembled. In the center of the crowd, which is composed of Stormarkers of all ages and from all walks of life, stands the High Justiciar of Stormark, Unna of Skálavík of the House of Vanadís, Lady Superior Mortal of the Daughters of Freyja, Bloodroyal and Ærkejarla of Freyja's Necklace, Royal Chieftainess of Skálavík.

"Fra Havet, Hæder!", the High Justiciar proudly calls out, the crowd repeating those ancient words in unison.

Then, from a cauldron of gold filled with a mixture of waters taken from worship waters from each of the Twenty-Six Jarldoms, the High Justiciar solemly casts the various aquatic liquid to the winds.

To the North; to Gularike.

To the South; to the Arbor Isles, Borgarrike, the Frigga Islands, the Isles, and the Sólareyjar.

To the East; to Eidsivarike, Freyja's Necklace, Frostarike, Haldarsvik, Hålogarike, the Longships Islands, Old Gaol Isle, Orkney, Port Chloe and the Providence Plantations, the Rose Cape, Snæland, Thingeyri, Tiundarike, and the Vaan Aujoen.

To the West; to the Idunn Isles, the Mysterious Isles, Normandie, Thule, Tronderike, and Vinland.

And to the Twenty-Six Jarldoms on Reikistjarna beyond Vanaorb, ancient lands undirectly illuminated by the light of the Lords and Ladies Divine.

Three Ladies, each one of them a senior member of one of the Three Grand Mysterious Sisterhoods known since times ancient beyond the memory of woman as the Daughters of Frigga, the Daughters of Freyja, and the Daughters of Idunn, and in that capacity of theirs representing the Fulltrui and Sacred Queens of the Twenty-Six Jarldoms, the Ladies Divine Frigga, Freyja and Idunn, step forward. They are carrying Lightning, the greatsword of the High Kings of Stormark, and present it to the High Justiciar.

The High Justiciar draws Lightning from its golden with precious stones adorned sheath and raises the greatsword high towards the sky.

"Hear me! Hear me! Hear me People of the Lands of the Longships Throne!", the High Justiciar beamingly exclaims.

"This is the day of my Inauguration as High Justiciar of the High Realm of Stormark. From this day forth I shall dream the High King's Dreams, speak with His Voice, and rule with His Sword. And since time immemorial ancient custom decrees that on this very day I am to renew the sacred pledges and ancient covenants of this high office with the High King, the Fulltrui and Sacred Queens, and you, the people of this great nation."

"I would be remiss, this day, if I did not thank the High King, and you, the people of the Twenty-Six Jarldoms for your patience, support and loyalty, and there is no one of our folk living who does not owe much and more to the Fulltrui and Sacred Queens than he or she can ever repay, and I want Their Most Sacred Majesties to know that I humbly and gratefully realize my debt to Them."

"A fountain to one who is dying of thirst, healing of soul when life's at its worst, a home for one who has wandered too far, you have been for me, o Sacred Queens, and still are! A beacon in darkness, a staff for my road; endurance and strength to lighten my load, a touch of kindness when I felt all sore, all this you have given me, Ladies Divine, and still more! My gratitude words alone cannot express, through your company and care, through your love I am blessed! I honour you, Fulltrui, and follow your lead, I shall praise you forever by word and by deed!"

"Thanks to the Sweet Loving Fulltrui of the Lands of the Longships Throne today I have the tremendous honour to be inaugurated as High Justciar of the Land of the Three Sacred Falcons on the same spot, where once, many moons ago, a young chieftain from the Mysterious Isles going by the name of Harald made landfall on this sacred island of Hnossa Isle. With this greatsword in his hand and the Indulgence of the Three Ladies Divine, this Scion from the House of the Descendants of Freyja broke the yoke of Ivar the Impaler's tyranny, liberated the Isles of the Heartland, and started the Second Viking Age. It is very appropriate then that from this Cradle of the High Realm, this very Heart of the Heartland, that today we sound the drum for liberty as have our generations of forebears before us done, ever since the days of Valtia. Let us rise to the call of liberty-loving blood that is in us and send our answer to the tyranny that wishes to clank its chains upon our country. In the name of the greatest people that have ever trod Reikistjarna, I draw the line in the dust and toss the gauntlet before the feet of tyranny as we once tossed the gauntlet before the feet of the Harkalegar."

"As of now assuming the helm of the Longship of State as the High King's Navigator and First Mate, I, Unna of Skálavík of the House of Vanadís, Lady Superior Mortal of the Daughters of Freyja, Bloodroyal and Ærkejarla of Freyja's Necklace, Royal Chieftainess of Skálavík, proudly commanding its sails to be raised, its oars to be unshipped, and its prow to be pointed towards Glorious Liberty, taking wind and tide as partners in my dance upon the great waters to the beat of the swell, do hereby solemnly swear to be a true and faithful Servant unto The High King's Majesty as one of His High Council of the Realm. I shall not know or understand of any manner of thing to be attempted, done or spoken against His Imperial and Royal Majesty's Person, Honour, Crown or Dignity Imperial, but I shall lett and withstand the same to the uttermost of my power. I shall to my uttermost bear Faith and Allegiance to the High King's Majesty; and shall assist and defend all Jurisdictions, Pre-eminences, and Authorities, granted to His Imperial and Royal Majesty and annexed to the Crown by or under the High Law and Statutes of the Lands of the Longships Throne, or otherwise, against all Foreign Princes, Persons, Prelates, States, or Potentates. And generally in all things I shall do as a faithful and true Servant ought to do to His Imperial and Royal Majesty."

"And I do also solemnly swear to be a true and faithful High Justiciar unto The Majesties of the Sacred Queens, Creators and Mothers Divine of this great nation. I shall conduct the government of the Lands of the Longships Throne in accordance with their vision of a safe land of happy and free people, who are especially to be free from the expectations of others. I shall not know or understand of any manner of thing to be attempted, done or spoken against the Three Ladies Divine's Vision, but I shall lett and withstand the same to the uttermost of my power. And generally in all things I shall do as a faithful and true High Justiciar ought to do to Their Most Sacred Majesties."

"And I do also solemnly swear to be a true and faithful High Justiciar unto the People of the Twenty-Six Jarldoms. I shall to my last breath uphold, protect, and defend their most ancient Rights, Liberties and Free Customs, which they have enjoyed since times ancient beyond the memory of woman. I shall not know or understand of any manner of thing to be attempted, done or spoken against the most ancient Rights, Liberties and Free Customs aforesaid, but I shall lett and withstand the same to the uttermost of my power. And generally in all things I shall do as a faithful and true High Justiciar ought to do to the People of the Land of the Golden Boar."

"I do also solemnly declare that I take these obligations freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion."

"So help me Sacred Queens!"

"Fulltrui's Love, Stormark's Strength!"

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this