guitar-play.gif

There is a Queen who weaves in the sky
See how She spins, see Her finger fly

She's been before us from beginning to end
She is our mother, lover and friend

She is the weaver and we are the web
She is the needle and we are thread

Lady Frigg never leaves us on the line
Through Her Love we're always doing fine!

Lady Law Speaker, Honourable Jarls,

In the name of the Three Ladies Divine, Frigga, Freyja and Idunn, Fulltrui and Sacred Queens of the Good Lands of Valtia Reborn, from Whom all Authority in the Lands of the Longships Throne is derived, Her High Holiness the Yfirstormarksgythia and High Priestess of the Thingeyri Temple, Sigrdrífa the Priestess of the House of Vanadís, Ærkejarla of Thingeyri and the Idunn Isles, does hereby submit this Bill to the Most Honourable Jarls in this present Althing assembled for their consideration as law:

A Bill

AN ACT TO ADMIT PRINCE NATHAN ANDERS AHARSI OF NATOPIA TO THE IMPERIAL BRANCH OF THE HOUSE OF ETTLINGAR FREYU; AND TO INCLUDE THE LITTLE PRINCE OF THE CAPRINE COUNTRY AFORESAID IN THE LINE OF SUCCESSION TO THE IMPERIAL LONGSHIPS THRONE.

Article I.

Upon the coming into operation of this Act, His Imperial Highness Nathan Anders Aharsi of the Natopians, son of Her late Most Bovic Majesty Empress Asara Sisu of the Natopians and His Bovic Majesty Kyle Kilynn of Waffel-Paine, Emperor Consort of the Natopians, shall become and be a member of the Imperial Branch of the House of Ettlingar Freyu and be from that instance be known within the borders of the Lands of the Longships Throne and beyond as Nathan Anders Aharsi of the Houses of Waffel-Paine and the Descendants of Freyja.

Article II.

(a.) Section 27 of the Styles and Titles Act of Year 10 shall be amended to read:

"Section 27 – Nathan

Nathan shall have the right to the full use and privilege of the following combined style and titles:

His Imperial and Royal Highness Nathan, the Imperial Chieftain of the Vaan Aujoen, Arvjarl of the Twenty-Six Jarldoms, Storjarl of Stormark, Lord Imperial on All Continents, Duke of Hazelwood, Nawab of Sakhawat, Count of Lindström, Knight of the Holy Lakes."

(b.) For greater legal certainty is it hereby expressly declared by the Most Honourable Jarls in the Althing assembled that Nathan Anders Aharsi of the Houses of Waffel-Paine and the Descendants of Freyja shall also be entitled to all other titles which appertain to a Member of the Imperial Branch of the House of Ettlingar Freyu under the Laws and Customs of the Lands of the Longships Throne.

Article III.

Upon the coming into operation of this Act shall Nathan Anders Aharsi of the Houses of Waffel-Paine and the Descendants of Freyja take the self-same place in the Line of Succession to the Imperial Longships Throne which His late Lady Mother Her Most Bovic Majesty the Empress of the Natopians had prior to Her very untimely departure to Dairyland.

Article IV.

This Act may be cited as the Nathan Anders Aharsi of Waffel-Paine Act of Year 16 and shall come into operation immediately after it has received the Imperial Assent.

Memorandum of Explanation

A High Priestess wishes to convey that the why and wherefore of this Bill is to admit His Most Bovic Majesty Emperor Nathan Anders Aharsi of the Natopians to the Imperial Branch of the House of Ettlingar Freyu as well as include the little Sovereign Lord aforesaid in the Line of Succession to the Imperial Longships Throne as an expression of the continuing friendship between the High Realm of Stormark and the Bovic Empire of the Natopian Nation.

In addition to the statutory titles Emperor Nathan receives as a member of the Imperial Branch of the House of Ettlingar Freyu who is in the Line of Succession to the Imperial Longships Throne, he is also granted the Imperial Chieftaincy of the Vaan Aujoen, which was held by His late Lady Mother, Her late Most Bovic Majesty Empress Asara Sisu of the Natopians, and the Earldom of Lindström which was once held by His maternal greatgrandfather, the late Emperor Nathan of Natopia, the First of His Name, as well as His late Lady Mother.

All of the aforesaid became necessary due to little Emperor Nathan's Lady Mother, who was a Storjarla of Sormark and also in the Line of Succession to the Imperial Longships Throne, having been kidnapped and murdered by that monster known as Adam.

* A High Priestess prays out loud and lustily. *

Thy Most Sacred Majesties,

Direct, I beseech Thee, O Fulltrui and Sacred Queens, the actions of us Jarls in this present Althing assembled by Thy most sacred inspirations and carry them on by Thy most gracious assistance; that every word and work of ours may always begin from Thee, O Three Ladies Divine, and by Thee be happily ended; through Thy Most Sacred Majesties' Love, so mote it be.

Honourable Jarls,

In the name of the Three Ladies Divine, Frigga, Freyja and Idunn, Fulltrui and Sacred Queens of the Good Lands of Valtia Reborn, from Whom all Authority in the Lands of the Longships Throne is derived, all of me, Lady Aoife the Celt of the House of the Descendants of Freyja, Krónjarla of Stormark, Imperial Chieftainess of the Sólareyjar, Bloodroyal and Ærkejarla of the Sólareyjar, Law Speaker of the Althing, grants the Applejarla leave to submit this Bill of hers to all of you here in this present Althing assembled. All of me has noted that motion for Unanimous Consent has also been made and wonders whether all of me shall hear a second?

The High King and Gulajarl seconds the move for Unanimous Consent.

The Brísingajarla seconds the move for Unanimous Consent.

Honourable Jarls,

In the name of the Three Ladies Divine, Frigga, Freyja and Idunn, Fulltrui and Sacred Queens of the Good Lands of Valtia Reborn, from Whom all Authority in the Lands of the Longships Throne is derived, all of me has noted that the motion for Unanimous Consent has been seconded. All of me is in agreement with the evocation of Unanimous Consent and this Bill will pass in 24 hours unless one of you who belongs to the body of the Most Honourable Jarls in the Althing assembled shall express zir objection against the Bill aforesaid by casting zir vote against it during the aforesaid allotted voting time.

Lady Law Speaker,

I object.

Let me clear for my objections.

I do not object to the admittance Nathan Aharsi (though there is a typographical error in the bill as to his name) but of his naming as emperor of the Natopians. Until the Natopians, in line with their constitution, have confirmed the next emperor or empress of Natopia, the Storish government must remain neutral on that matter. If we name someone an emperor in another country, and that country's authorities agree on another name, then our relationship witht hat country will be severely compromised.

In these volatile times, I call for caution.

A High Priestess wishes to convey that she has fixed the errors in the Bill and also that "Emperor" has been replaced by her in the aforesaid Bill by "Prince" and the styles have also been altered accordingly.

Honourable Jarls,

In the name of the Three Ladies Divine, Frigga, Freyja and Idunn, Fulltrui and Sacred Queens of the Good Lands of Valtia Reborn, from Whom all Authority in the Lands of the Longships Throne is derived, all of me has noted that motion for vote has been made and wonders whether all of me shall hear a second?

The High King and Gulajarl seconds the move for a vote.

The Brísingajarla also seconds the move for a vote.

Honourable Jarls,

In the name of the Three Ladies Divine, Frigga, Freyja and Idunn, Fulltrui and Sacred Queens of the Good Lands of Valtia Reborn, from Whom all Authority in the Lands of the Longships Throne is derived, all of me has noted that motion for a vote has been made and seconded. All of me hereby declares that debate is closed and that voting shall commence immediately. All Althingi Jarls may vote AYE, NAY, DEFER to signify the Bill be returned to debate or ABSTAIN. Voting may remain open for four days.

Aye.

Lady Law Speaker,

The High King and Gulajarl begs leave for the voting to be closed.

Honourable Jarls,

In the name of the Three Ladies Divine, Frigga, Freyja and Idunn, Fulltrui and Sacred Queens of the Good Lands of Valtia Reborn, from Whom all Authority in the Lands of the Longships Throne is derived, all of me declares that voting is now closed.

This Bill is hereby pronounced passed by the the Most Honourable Jarls in this present Althing assembled. The tally is, in accordance with the votes allocated by virtue of Article 8 of the Althing Statute, 7 Ayes, 0 Nays and 0 abstentions. All of me does hereby submit this Bill to the High King for the Imperial Assent.