and we have always won.

And so they spoke, and so they spoke,

that horde of barbarians.

But now the winds wail over their bones,

with no one there to hear.

Yes now the winds wail over their bones,

and not a soul to hear.

Lady Law Speaker, Honourable Jarls,

In the name of the Three Ladies Divine, Frigga, Freyja and Idunn, Fulltrui and Sacred Queens of the Good Lands of Valtia Reborn, from Whom all Authority in the Lands of the Longships Throne is derived, We, Harald Freyjugjöf the Generous Giver of the House of the Descendants of Freyja, High King of Stormark, Sovereign Lord on all Continents, do hereby beg leave to submit this Bill to the Most Honourable Jarls in this present Althing assembled for their consideration as law:

A Bill

AN ACT TO AMEND THE LAW OF ETTLINGAR FREYU TO ALLOW MEMBERS OF THE THE HOUSE OF ETTLINGAR FREYU TO ASCEND THE GOLDEN MANGO THRONE OF THE IMPERIAL REPUBLIC OF SHIREROTH.

Article I.

The Fourth Clause of the Article Sjö of the Andre Kapittel of the Law of Ettlingar Freyu shall be amended to read:

"4. Any breach of the preceding clause shall result in the loss of all membership privileges of this Imperial Valtian House, including the right of succession, and in the case of the High King or High Queen, the loss of the Sovereign’s right to govern, provided always that the aforesaid shall not apply to Stormark's Sister Realm since times immemorial, the Empire of the Alexandrians, and the same shall apply to the Imperial Republic of Shireroth. The Althing shall have the sole and exclusive power to establish breaches of this Article."

Article II.

This Act may be cited as the Law of Ettlingar Freyu (Amendment) Act of Year 15 and shall come into operation immediately after it has received the Imperial Assent.

Memorandum of Explanation

The purpose of this Bill is to amend the Law of Ettlingar Freyu to allow members of the Imperial Branch of the House of Ettlingar Freyu to ascend the Golden Mango Throne of Shireroth without having to pass a Resolution or Bill every time that any such member ascends to the aforesaid Imperial Throne.

Ever since my son Hallbjörn became Kaiser of Shireroth it has become much more likely - after his pioneering work on the Golden Mango Throne - that another member of the Imperial Branch of the House of Ettlingar Freyu will in future serve as Kaiser since all kind of unfounded and silly concerns have been proven to be utter and completely nonsensical.

* Prays aloud. *

Thy Most Sacred Majesties,

Direct, I beseech Thee, O Fulltrui and Sacred Queens, the actions of us Jarls in this present Althing assembled by Thy most sacred inspirations and carry them on by Thy most gracious assistance; that every word and work of ours may always begin from Thee, O Three Ladies Divine, and by Thee be happily ended; through Thy Most Sacred Majesties' Love, so mote it be.

Honourable Jarls,

In the name of the Three Ladies Divine, Frigga, Freyja and Idunn, Fulltrui and Sacred Queens of the Good Lands of Valtia Reborn, from Whom all Authority in the Lands of the Longships Throne is derived, all of me, Lady Aoife the Celt of the House of the Descendants of Freyja, Krónjarla of Stormark, Imperial Chieftainess of the Sólareyjar, Bloodroyal and Ærkejarla of the Sólareyjar, Law Speaker of the Althing, grants the High King and Gulajarl leave to submit this Bill of his to all of you here in this present Althing assembled.

Discussion and debate on this Bill will be open for a period of one week.

Lady Law Speaker

What a tremendous honour it is for me to rise here today, in this hollowed Althing. I follow in the footsteps of many other native-born Ayreon-Kalirions who have been in this chamber. Most recent in memory here is probably the Lord Jonathan Ayreon, my would-be brother-in-law had he not died in office as High Justiciar of this Realm.

Now it is finally my turn to speak here. I married into the royalty here, but my people have always had a place in Stormark. Hurmudans and Elwynnese have always been here. I think of Prince Daniel, of Cashmaiel Andelarion, of Lady Esther.

I am proud and humbled to be before you, Lady Law Speaker.

Now that I have made my introduction, I would like to look at the bill at hand.

I have cross-checked The High King and Gulajarl's proposed amendment to the Law of Ettlingar Freyu, and I fear I cannot see how it actually changes anything. Perhaps the clerks of His Majesty have failed to include the High King's amendment in the text?

Lady Law Speaker,

Might a clarification be sought?

The High King and Gulajarl hereby commends the Drageskipjarla for her acuity and advises you that the issue has been fixed by our clerks who have in the mean while tabled the correct version of the Bill.

Lady Law Speaker

I extend my thanks to the High King and Gulajarl.

The clerk's mistake has been rectified. I certainly hope that he or she will not be too harshly reprimanded for the mistake. We all make them, once in a while.

I now have the opportunity to look at the bill itself. The bill proposed to add Shireroth to the list of countries excepted. I would like to add Natopia there, too.

Hear me out, Lady Law Speaker.

In Natopian law, the emperor's throne is never vacant. In the sudden demise of the emperor, then the next in line is the new emperor/empress whether he knows it or not. As such, given that the His Majesty's grandson King Noah is in the line to the Natopian throne, it is possible that one day, if the Gods are so aligned that the tragedy occurs whereby every single person above my husband are ineligible (by Natopian law, not Storish, I'd like to note, or by simply being dead) to succeed to the throne, then Noah will by Natopian law be the new Emperor, whether he likes it or not. Then by the law here, a legal reading, he would have lost his rights to membership in the House of the Descendants of Freya. Surely, that is nothing we would like to occur, especially because of that diplomatic crisis between Natopia and Shireroth when Noah was removed from the order of succession... It would simply be wrong not to acknowledge that we have fought for his place in the Natopian order of succession, and if we then, by our own choice, decide not to give him a carte-blanche to succeeding to that throne, then something really is awry here.

And may you forgive me, Lady Law Speaker, for fighting for the rights of my husband. I know I am biased here, but I hope you understand. It is perfectly possible that the situation may occur to other members of the House of Ettlingar Freyu, though!

To address the issues that are raised by the Drageskipjarla the Althing has two Asgard Calendar years ago already, at the Petition of the late Lady Esther, passed the Natopian Accession Act of Year 13.

Lady Law Speaker

The High King corrects the baby member of the House once again! I am in awe and in gratitude, and hope to express those sentiments by now calling for a vote on the bill.

The High King and Gulajarl also seconds the move for a vote.

Honourable Jarls,

In the name of the Three Ladies Divine, Frigga, Freyja and Idunn, Fulltrui and Sacred Queens of the Good Lands of Valtia Reborn, from Whom all Authority in the Lands of the Longships Throne is derived, all of me has noted that motion for a vote has been made and seconded. All of me hereby declares that debate is closed and that voting shall commence immediately. All Althingi Jarls may vote AYE, NAY, DEFER to signify the Bill be returned to debate or ABSTAIN. Voting may remain open for four days.

The High King and Gulajarl begs leave to move for closure of the vote.

The Brísingajarla seconds the move for closure.

Honourable Jarls,

In the name of the Three Ladies Divine, Frigga, Freyja and Idunn, Fulltrui and Sacred Queens of the Good Lands of Valtia Reborn, from Whom all Authority in the Lands of the Longships Throne is derived, all of me declares that voting is now closed.

This Bill is hereby pronounced passed by the the Most Honourable Jarls in this present Althing assembled. The tally is, in accordance with the votes allocated by virtue of Article 8 of the Althing Statute, 7 Ayes, 0 Nays and 0 abstentions. All of me does hereby submit this Bill to the High King for the Imperial Assent.

Lady Law Speaker,

We do hereby inform you that We have granted Our Imperial Assent to the Law of Ettlingar Freyu (Amendment) Bill and the said Bill has therefore become Law as the Law of Ettlingar Freyu (Amendment) Act of Year 15.