The High Realm of Stormark
Sign in to follow this  
Aoife the Celt

Results of HJ's Election for Remainder of Sokkvabekk 14 Term

Ladies and Gentlemen,

All of me has the honour and pleasure to declare, under Article 8 of the First Part of the High Justiciar Act of Year 11, that the results of the High Justiciar's Election for the Remainder of the Sokkvabekk 14 Term are as follows:

Leonora de Béthune of the House of Vanadís has, as the only Patrician of Stormark standing for election, by default been elected High Justiciar for the Term of Office commencing today, the Thirteenth Day of the Month Gladsheim in the Fourteenth Year of the Second Viking Age in the Second Epoch of the High Realm.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

All of me hereby congratulates the Leonora de Béthune of the House of Vanadís on her election to the office of High Justiciar!

Lady Law Speaker, My Lords and Ladies of the Althing!

Allow me to say that I am deeply honoured to have been elected High Justiciar of the Realm.I can't express my excitement that I now may experience the privilege to follow into the footsteps of Prince Jonathan, Lady Unna, Lord Galinn, Sir Polten, Sir Dagfinn, Dame Ragnhild and Dame Gudrun, in being at His Royal and Imperial Majesty's executive helm. I am sincerely grateful for the trust placed in me, and I hope I can live up to the expectations placed on me.

Pray be adviced I should admit I was a bit stunned when I learned that it was the wish and desire of the Vanadís Regency that I should stand in the High Justiciar's election for the Remainder of the Sokkvabekk 14 Term which was trigged by the malicious destruction of the life of my predecessor, the Lord Mirza Jonathan Merlingsson of the House of Ayreon-Kalirion. Without false modesty, I feel that other magnates are also worthy of this High and August Office. However, I realize that it can't be occupied by five, so again I want to express my gratitude to you.

Permit me also to admit that I am very pleased to have been deemed worthy by you, the Most Honourable Jarls of the High Realm in the Althing assembled, for this High and August Office. I am very pleased also because it was ever since I attended the inauguration of the First High Justiciar of Stormark one of my dreams to one day serve in the Imperial Conference at the Vanadísarhall, albeit that I had never expected it to be in the capacity of High Justiciar of the Lands of the Longships Throne.

Pray be adviced that I as High Justiciar I shall continue the policies of my predecessors in upholding the security, prosperity and honour of the High Realm as well as the Ancient Rights and Liberties and Free Customs of the People of the Twenty-Six Jarldoms. I shall, of course, ask for your kind advice in all things for in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.

Allow to finish with one again thanking for your choice and for your trust in me. I shall do my utmost to justify your trust when I am conducting the government of the Realm of Joy!

Heartfelt congratulations to Lady Leonora. May Bous bless your thoughts and actions as you guide Stormark to ever greener pastures.