The High Realm of Stormark
Sign in to follow this  
Sigrdrífa the Priestess

Jarl Jonathan's Garments at the High Justiciar's Inauguration

My Lady

The question brings me some trouble. It's hard...

On one hand I must honour the jarldom of my origin, (Frostarike and) the Lake District, so a traditional Hurmu dress would be most appropriate. The national dress of Hurmu is for men really just a type of sarong in the red colour, called the royðar. Although Vanafolk (which I am not) are allowed to be naked (if adorned with jewellery), just a sarong feels a bit strange. If I had been allowed to be nude, I might have done that... And I am not from Frostarike, so a Frosta bunad wouldn't be so good. I am considering whether something Babkhi is okay, due to my family history, and the history of Babkhi culture in Hurmu.

And I am not from Frostarike, so a Frosta bunad wouldn't be so good. I am considering whether something Babkhi is okay, due to my family history, and the history of Babkhi culture in Hurmu.

9ih7co.png

A High Priestess wishes to convey to the Jarl Jonathan that there are several parts of the Lake District that were once part of the Jarldoms of Frostarike and Borgarrike and that he might look into the Bunads of those areas since Bunads are by Traditional District or Tribedom.

His Imperial Highness can also look into the traditional festive garments of other countries which have played a part in Hurmu's history such as Menelmacar and Cranda.

Although Vanafolk (which I am not) are allowed to be naked (if adorned with jewellery), just a sarong feels a bit strange. If I had been allowed to be nude, I might have done that...

Expensive jewellery from the jarldom such Vanafolkers hail from, that is. And an expensive cloak fastened with a brooch which alludes to the House zie belong to. :)

9ih7co.png

A High Priestess wishes to convey to the Jarl Jonathan that there are several parts of the Lake District that were once part of the Jarldoms of Frostarike and Borgarrike and that he might look into the Bunads of those areas since Bunads are by Traditional District or Tribedom.

His Imperial Highness can also look into the traditional festive garments of other countries which have played a part in Hurmu's history such as Menelmacar and Cranda.

Your High Holiness,

Those are excellent ideas indeed. :cheers2:

What is the Menelmacri style of dressing?

Perhaps their dressing style is quite influenced by Elvish customs and traditions.....

Perhaps their dressing style is quite influenced by Elvish customs and traditions.....

Pray be advised that that would be superabundantly wonderful!

o6b8k2.png

A High Priestess wonders whether the Jarl Jonathan has already decided what he is going to weer at his High Justiciar's Inauguration?

Your High Holiness,

All of me has taken charge of this issue. The models in the image are wearing what all of me and mine betrothed will be wearing at his High Justiciar's Inauguration.

All of him will be wearing those Menelmacari-inspired royal garments and all of me will be wearing that Daughters of Freyja festive gown.