The High Realm of Stormark
Sign in to follow this  
Jonathan

Letter to Lady Aoife

My beloved Lady and Betrothed

It pains me to write to you today. Our contact the past years has not been good, and I've been drifting away from you. I've missed you terribly, but my duties to my peoples in Elwynn, Shireroth and Walstadt have taken priority. I know you will understand, we royals' first and foremost loyalty is to our people. It's the contract of every monarchy. The monarch serves his people and the people serve him. And this has meant that my devotion to you has not been as good as it should have.

So it hurts that I must bring you news this way. By divine revelation, I was instructed by the Almighty to adopt two persons as my sons. One was a foundling in the Temple at Smjörkýr. I have named him Benjamin. The other one, the elder of the pair, is Ludwig Blutwasser, leader of the Saxon community in Walstadt. I do not fully understand the revelation from the Divine here, but as a servant of the Almighty Buttery Spirit, I am a loyal calf.

I feel bad about this, I really do, and now suddenly I have children (although one is a grown man, probably older than myself...). I understand fully if you wish to break our betrothement. How could I ever be a husband to you, under the circumstances that we live in? Not only do we live in different worlds, time is different on the Dark Side as on the Bright Side. On the Dark SIde, it takes 12 years for 1 year to pass on the Bright Side. I will grow old, and you will stay young... Then add our loyalties to our peoples, and to our different Gods? My worship is so different from yours, my Gods are so different from yours. Would this work?

I am not so sure...

Please forgive me, my beloved.

Whatever we decide, I will always hold you deeply in my heart with the greatest love.

My Darling Jonathan,

Thank you for for this letter of explanation! All of me fully understands your motivations now; without it all of me would have taken those adoptions by all of you as a expression of no confidence in my child-bearing capacity and that is to a Vanakvinna one of the gravest insults there is and would have surely led to the cancellation of the betrothal.

The Lords and Ladies Divine move in mysterious ways and it is not up to mortals to defy their will.

All of me is not of the view that all of us are drifting apart. All of you simply has had - and still has - a lot on your plate, including the most thankless task there is: the Shirithian Kaisership. The same applies to all of me. Having much less time to spend with one's betrothed or spouse simply is part of being a royal, so all of me is used to waiting.

"Watch for me, little one," my late Lord Father - His Sacred Majesty Ard-Ri Lugh Ladrach of Goidelia, would always tell all of me, when all of him rode off to vassals or fair or battle. And all of me would do that, standing patiently on the battlements of Tara Castle as the waters of the Sultry Stream river flowed by.

My sire did not always come when all of him had said all of him would, and days would ofttimes pass as all of me stood her vigil, peering out between crenels and through arrow loops until all of me caught a glimpse of all of him on his majestic red stallion, trotting along the rivershore toward the landing. Not to mention the very long period of courting between me and my late husband, Jarl Galinn.

All of me is not a stranger either to do dealing with matters arising from differences stemming from differences in religion and life span. My late husband was a Catholic and the two of us found a way not to let those differences to get in the way of our matrimonial happiness. On the contrary, those differences added to spice to our marriage!

There are also Elvish friends and relatives of mine who were there centuries before I was born and will outlive me; the same applies to all of me, having outlived numerous beings with a shorter life span than a female Vanamaðr.

In short: as far as all of me is concerned our betrothal still stands and would be most happy to push your wheelchair should the need arise in the twilight of your life.

When is all of you going to show all of me the little one all of you adopted?

Your letter, my dear, brings me great comfort and peace in my heart. I will instruct Vilhjalm Kormak to proceed with our negotiations.

My Darling Jonathan,

It seems that the Gods have played quite the cruel trick on all of you given the antics of the present Prince of of Kujirashi-Walstadt. All of them would be much better off under the Prince Noah.

My love,

I try to find comfort in that although I may not understand the plan right now, it will come to good things...

My Darling Jonathan,

At least the Elwynnese can count their blessings now that the Steward of Elwynn has tossed out the Blutwasser gang.

My Darling Jonathan,

At least the Elwynnese can count their blessings now that the Steward of Elwynn has tossed out the Blutwasser gang.

That is just a mere and not terribly relevant byproduct of the Elwynnese succession reform.

My darling Aoife

Terrible things have happened. I have not uttered them in public before, but as you know, I have resigned my offices of imperial power in Shireroth, and that I am about to enrol in a monastery in Athlon for the next years. I cited a calling from the Divine to do so, but the truth is, my love, much more complicated. My son, the only one of them who holds my love, has died. Poor Benjamin was taken from me. My heart is broken, and I must seek the counsel of the divine to continue living. I am sorry to leave you... but I will come back. If I still hold your heart by then, we shall marry. I am so sorry that you never got to meet him, and i know your heart longed for that, too.

But I cannot live without my Benjamin, and so I must leave for the Gods, to cleanse my soul, and try to find hope and meaning in life again. I will come back... in two or three (Elw-Natopian) years time. I know you will understand, but I do not know if you will forgive.

My love to you remains strong, but heart is all too broken to be in civilization. Pray for me, that I may return to you strong and happy and full of life.

Until then, may Bous ever watch over you. I will envoke all the Saints of the Buttery Host to guide you and keep you safe.

Jonathan

(OOC: I am going to Greenland for a couple of months for work, and it's likely that I won't have any internet so... See you in autumn!)

My Darling Jonathan,

The tiding from all of you concerning the loss of your son Benjamin has deeply saddened all of me. This because all of me knows what all of him meant to all of you and still means to all of you. All of me was already happily anticipating to seeing the little one and including him in our (future) family.

It should not be too surprising all of me is also not too happy with all of you leaving all of me again, but I fully understand that all of you needs to go in retreat spiritual to deal with this tremendous loss of yours.

The men in my life have always kept all of me waiting so all of me is used to it. Waiting a couple of elw years shall therefore not kill all of me, but make all of me even stronger than all of me already is.

All of me will wait for all you to return to the Realm of Joy, is looking forward to finally marrying all of you, and then at long last start a family. Our kids will not be a replace of the late Benjamin, but will surely bring you lots of parental joy and happiness.

(OOC: Congratulations with finding a job in this terrible job market! What kind of work are you going to do in Greenland?)

My beloved,

Thank you for your understanding and your blessing.

I have only just become a man, but when I return I will be twenty-four years of age. Much more of a man. I look forward to being stronger, both physically and mentally, then, so I can be all that you wish I will be for you.

(OOC: Congratulations with finding a job in this terrible job market! What kind of work are you going to do in Greenland?)

The Prince Jonathan is going "to have fun with dead halibuts".

I have only just become a man, but when I return I will be twenty-four years of age. Much more of a man. I look forward to being stronger, both physically and mentally, then, so I can be all that you wish I will be for you.

My Darling Jonathan,

Waiting for you will be very much worth it!

(Aye, I'll work in a fish factory, cutting, filleting, freezing and packing halibuts)

So there is something fishy going on with that employers of yours. ;)

My Darling Jonathan,

Waiting for you will be very much worth it!

But before I leave, my darling, what on earth happened to your hair!?