The High Realm of Stormark
Sign in to follow this  
Jonathan

[Bill] Frostarike and Lake District Bill

*sings*

Though I have walked through out the world around,
And seen the sun and rain Upon the foreign ground;
Back home I sail, to see the Viking shore,
The Stormark that I love, the land of tale and lore.

Across the sea, whatever foes may be,
Stormark will always be, my home eternally.

My sword has clashed, steel biting hardened steel,
My comrades side by side, no coward thoughts we feel;
But once back home, with peoples warm and pure,
My sov'reigns strength is all, I need to be secure.

Across the sea, whatever foes may be,
Stormark will always be, my home eternally.

In Stormarks halls, amongst my friends and kin,
Is where I long to stay, for it is good within;
And so I rest, but ready for the call,
Yes happy in my home, for Stormark will not fall!

Lady Law Speaker
Most Honourable Jarls

In the name of His Imperial and Royal Majesty the High King, I, Jonathan of the House of Ayreon-Kalirion, the Jarl of Frostarike (among other titles), beg leave to submit this Bill to you, Most Honourable Jarls in Althing assembled, for your consideration as law.

A bill

AN ACT TO RENAME THE JARLDOM OF FROSTARIKE FOLLOWING THE ANNEXATION OF THE NON-CRAITISH PARTS OF THE LAKE DISTRICT.

Section 1
The jarldom of Frostarike shall henceforth be known under the name of the Jarldom of Frostarike and the Lake District. All instances of "Frostarike" in legislation shall henceforth be construed to mean "Frostarike and the Lake District" when the context so allows.

Section 2
In the Protocols on the Althing’s Work of 6 Gladsheim 10, section 3, in the list of jarldoms and their appellations, "The Jarl of Frostarike – the Frostajarl or -jarla" shall be amended to read "The Jarl of Frostarike and the Lake District – the Frostajarl or -jarla, or the Lake Jarl or Jarla."

Section 3
This Act, which may be cited as the Frostarike and Lake District Act of Year 14, enters force upon the assent of His Imperial and Royal Majesty the High King.

Lady Law Speaker
Most Honourable Jarls

The intention of this bill is fairly straight-forward. Given the highly culturally sensitive area of the Lake District having been annexed to the country, it is no more than right to have it recognized in name of in the jarldom of which it forms part.

Lady Law Speaker
Most Honourable Jarls

Will you now join me in a prayer to the Supreme Goodness which inhabits this world and our hearts?

*bows head*

We beseech you, most Supreme and Divine Goodness, who inhabits our hearts and our minds, and the physical and metaphysical world, to inspire us and carry us to wisdom in our deliberations today. May goodness reign, and whatever is decided in this Althing, may it be good, may it be your supreme goodness, so mote it be.

Honourable Jarls,

In the name of the Three Ladies Divine, Frigga, Freyja and Idunn, Fulltrui and Sacred Queens of the Good Lands of Valtia Reborn, from Whom all Authority in the Lands of the Longships Throne is derived, all of me, Lady Aoife the Celt of the House of the Descendants of Freyja, Krónjarla of Stormark, Imperial Chieftainess of the Sólareyjar, Bloodroyal and Ærkejarla of the Sólareyjar, Law Speaker of the Althing, grants the Frostajarl leave to submit this Bill of his to all of you here in this present Althing assembled.

Discussion and debate on this Bill will be open for a period of one week.

Lady Law Speaker, Honourable Jarls,

A High Priestess wonders whether the Lake District shall be a single Tradtional District of Frostarike or be divided in several Traditional Districts?

Lady Law Speaker,

In reply to the Applejarla's question, the question on how to divide the Jarldom in traditional districts following a possible passage of this bill has not yet been settled.

A High Priestess wishes to convey that she has found this topic on Shireroth's old forum which might provide the Frostajarl you a bit of inspiration with regard to the question of Traditional Districts.

The Brísingajarla seconds the move for a vote.

Honourable Jarls,

In the name of the Three Ladies Divine, Frigga, Freyja and Idunn, Fulltrui and Sacred Queens of the Good Lands of Valtia Reborn, from Whom all Authority in the Lands of the Longships Throne is derived, all of me has noted that motion for a vote has been made and seconded. All of me hereby declares that debate is closed and that voting shall commence immediately. All Althingi Jarls may vote AYE, NAY, DEFER to signify the Bill be returned to debate or ABSTAIN. Voting may remain open for four days.

The High King and Gulajarl begs leave to move for closure of the vote.

The Brísingajarla seconds the move for closure.

Honourable Jarls,

In the name of the Three Ladies Divine, Frigga, Freyja and Idunn, Fulltrui and Sacred Queens of the Good Lands of Valtia Reborn, from Whom all Authority in the Lands of the Longships Throne is derived, all of me declares that voting is now closed.

This Bill is hereby pronounced passed by the the Most Honourable Jarls in this present Althing assembled. The tally is, in accordance with the votes allocated by virtue of Article 8 of the Althing Statute, 7 Ayes, 0 Nays and 0 abstentions. All of me does hereby submit this Bill to the High King for the Imperial Assent.

Lady Law Speaker,

We do hereby inform you that We have granted Our Imperial Assent to the Frostarike and Lake District Bill and the said Bill has therefore become Law as the Frostarike and Lake District Act of Year 14.