The High Realm of Stormark
Sign in to follow this  
Sigrdrífa the Priestess

The Lord Jonathan's Girlfriend

Very well, let us finalize the agenda for the negotiations.

I propose we use the same agenda as was proposed by Lady Esther upon her betrothal to Storjarl Hallbjörn:

In Hurmu custom, since marriage is unregulated by law, marriage must be preceded by a contract. The contract must cover:

the name of the couples, usually a name is taken from both parties' dynastic names, but not necessarily, it is most common that a common name is taken though, either mixed from both like my uncle "Ayreon-Kalirion of Waffle-Paine", or one name from either of the dynasties, a new name, or that both parties keep their names. This shall be regulated by contract.

Children. The protection and rights of children from before the marriage, and the protection and rights of children from the marriage.

Property. Is property held jointly? Indivudual? Partly shared, partly individual? Under property, this includes non-material property such as titles and rights.

Inheritence. Should anyone in the marriage die, how is inheritence divided?

Dissolution. Marriage dissolves automatically on death, but what are the grounds for divorce and how is a divorce in that case sought?

I also propose that we add religion of the parties and of their children to discussion, as well as matrimonial gifts, marital ceremonies, basically anything that was included as points in the contract between my client's mother and your brother.

Very well, let us finalize the agenda for the negotiations.

I propose we use the same agenda as was proposed by Lady Esther upon her betrothal to Storjarl Hallbjörn:

I also propose that we add religion of the parties and of their children to discussion, as well as matrimonial gifts, marital ceremonies, basically anything that was included as points in the contract between my client's mother and your brother.

I'm in agreement with these proposals.

Currently, this is what I can offer:

Dynastic name(s) (House(s)) of the Partners and of any children that may come

Options to consider:

1. Each Spouse retains his/her own house, any children would be "Houses of Ayreon-Kalirion and Ettlingar Freyu" or "Houses of Ettlingar Freyu and Ayreon-Kalirion"

2. Both Spouses adopt "Houses of Ayreon-Kalirion and Ettlingar Freyu" or "Houses of Ettlingar Freyu and Ayreon-Kalirion"; the same would be for any children.

RELIGION:
Proposed: Both Spouses shall have full freedom of religion. Children will be brought up in both religions and may choose any religion upon adulthood.

PROPERTY:
"The property acquired by us before our union will be our respective individual property, in accordance with law. All property acquired by either of us during the marriage will, unless we agree otherwise, be our shared property."

HOUSEHOLDS
The Spouses will establish shared households in:

- Eliria
- Haraldsborg
- Kujirashi-Walstadt
- Tara

INHERITENCE
" Upon the death of either of us, the estate of that one, consisting of the whole individual property and half of the shared, will be divided this: one half of the total to the children (or in their absence, grandchildren, and so on) and one half to the surviving one of us. We declare that any will or testament inconsistent with this contract must be held null and void in so far that that the inconsistency would show. Our respective titles will be inherited according to tradition and law."

DISSOLUTION:
" Our marriage will only be dissolved prior to the death of one of us or if dissolved under the law of the High Realm. The one of us wishing to file for divorce shall inform the other of this intention, and following three Asgard months of negotiation and attempts at reconciliation, a divorce is still sought, a filing may be performed according to law. Upon dissolution of marriage, our shared property will be divided with one half going to each of us and our individual property will remain individual."

GIFTS FROM JONATHAN:
Nobility in Kujirashi-Walstadt, Lady of Yukiguni (Schneeland)

Titles of "Princess" (consort) in Elwynn and Kujirashi-Walstadt

The whaler Osukaru

Lady Esther's emirial gown

I will get back to you on ceremonies and on more gifts from Prince Jonathan.

In light of events since we last discussed this, we need to revise things here.

What would you suggest, Lady Æsileif?

I would like to suggest the following changes:

• shared property will only be inherited by children born from your marriage
  • no adoptions are to be made by any spouse without prior consent from the other spouse; and
  • the spouses shall establish will establish shared households in Eliria, Haraldsborg, Saint Christopher's, and Tara.

My lady,

I can agree two the second point, but on the first I would like to rephrase that it should include children who are adopted, but in that case adopted by both husband and wife. On the third point, rather than Eliria, Ardashirshahr is preferred, given that the Emirate of Sathrati has its seat at the Matrimonial Palace (also owned by my Lord Jonathan) in Ardashirshahr.

As a matter to the dynastic names of the married couple, my Lord Jonathan has advised me that he is willing to adopt the Lady Aoife into that house, should she desire such movement, giving her the right to affix "of Ayreon-Kalirion" to her dynastic name. He is also willing to create a new house with her ladyship, if that is the desire, or to remain part of different houses, but only then that mutual chidlren would belong to both.

When it comes to titles, I am advised that lady Aoife would receive the courtesy titles of:

- Emira of Sathrati

- Duchess of New Aquitane

- Countess Shishin

I am unsure whether she would receive courtesy titles belonging to the Serene Family of Elwynn, but I am sure that your brother would easily confirm whether or not it is so.

As matters of gifts, the previous offer is for obvious reasons rescinded. Instead:

- The emirial gown of Lady Esther (Babkhan silk and wool with gold embroidery)

- Saint Andrew's Castle in New Aquitane

- An apartment (200 sq metres) on Mizanara Street, Eliria.

- Half Jonathan's shares in all companies that he owns at the time of marriage

Sir Vilhjálm,

I can agree to including children adopted by both the spouses in the pool of heirs to the shared property of the couple. The same applies to establishing a joint address in Ardashirshahr in stead of Eliria.
Her Imperial and Royal Highness is willing to be adopted in the House of Ayreon-Kalirion, but would like the name of her ancestral House, Clan Avon, also to be added to her name and that the children born for your marriage will also bear that name in addition to their other House Names.
The Lady Aoife's Brother has also told me that upon marrying you, she iwill be entitled to the titles of Countess of Northshire and Countess of Arietta.
And the gifts offered by you are hereby accepted.

* Sticks her head around the corner. *

Is it safe for the Lady Aoife to go to the Deep South of Elwynn?

* Sticks her head around the corner. *

Is it safe for the Lady Aoife to go to the Deep South of Elwynn?

Sure! They may some tensions left, but they are by no means at the lynching level. The Lady Aoife will also be under the protection of the Fleur de Lys-Longships Guard.

Thank you, my lady. Are there any specific things you would like to bring up before we begin drafting the contract?

Yes, there is. The titles and wedding gifts you will receive from the Lady Aoife.

Titles:

• Mormaer of Fife;
  • Rìgh of Garvagh.

Wedding gifts:

• An emerald brooch in the shape of a harp;
  • A cloak of cloth-of-gold and ermine with the coat of arms of the Duchy of New Aquitaine woven on its back and strewn with black lions;
  • An end-of-connubial-argument bell (made of gold and adorned with prescious stones);
  • Tynagh Farm, an ancient royal farm belonging to Clan Avon with 200 acres of land in the Goidelian Tribedom of Tyrone.

My Lady

Now that the Prince Jonathan has returned from his monastic duties, he is eager to settle this marriage.

Would you like to draft up a contract for us?