The High Realm of Stormark
Sign in to follow this  
Vilhjálm Kormak

Trial of Agadir Kormaksson et al.

The Magistrates' Court is in session.

I ask that the prosecution identify itself and its agents and proposed magistrate ad hoc and following that that the defence identify itself and its agents and its proposed magistate ad hoc.

Your honour,

The High Realm, as prosecutor, is represented by myself, Lord Mirza Jonathan Merlingsson of the House of Ayreon-Kalirion, Emir of Sathrati, Prince among the Lakes, Scion of the King of Kings, and by Lady Astrid Sólareyjarsdóttir of the House of Vanadís, Bloodroyal and Ærkejarla of the Rose Cape, Archsister of the Daughters of Freyja.

We will shortly bring up our nominee for magistrate ad hoc.

Su Señoría,

Those poor innocent patriots who are being railroaded by the Storish Evil Empire will be defended by me, Princess Calamidad Carrillo of Alexandria, their lady knight in shining armour.

I will shortly bring up my nominee for magistrate ad hoc.

Your Honour

The prosecution nominates Lady Unna of Skálavík of the House of Vanadís, Lady Superior Mortal of the Daughters of Freyja, Bloodroyal and Ærkejarla of Freyja's Necklace as Magistrate ad hoc.

The defence has until Friday (noon, GMT) to nominate a magistrate ad hoc, otherwise I will deem that the defence has waived its right to appoint a magistrate ad hoc.

On Friday afternoon (GMT), I will appoint the nominees to the Court.

Your Honour,

A High Priestess a High Priestess wishes to convey that she has, on behalf of Princess Calamidad of Alexandria, asked Stellus Yastreb of Lunaris whether he would like to serve as Magistrate ad hoc. Her High Holiness is pleased to inform you that he has accepted.

The defence has until Friday (noon, GMT) to nominate a magistrate ad hoc, otherwise I will deem that the defence has waived its right to appoint a magistrate ad hoc.

On Friday afternoon (GMT), I will appoint the nominees to the Court.

Su Señoría,

The defence hereby nominates the Lord Stellus Yastreb of Lunaris as a Magistrate ad hoc.

imparms22mn0.gif

In the matter of before

THE MAGISTRATES' TRIBUNAL OF THE COURT OF THE REALM

In the case of

THE HIGH REALM

against

AGADIR KORMAKSSON OF THE HOUSE OF RAUDSOL, BLOODROYAL OF THE LONGSHIPS ISLANDS
LADY HULDA BJÖRNSDÓTTIR OF THE HOUSE OF MIKLAVIDR
KARI AJAKSARSON OF THE HOUSE OF JADNA

MIKILL AJAKSARSON OF THE HOUSE OF JADNA

Regarding appointment of magistrates ad hoc:

An order

Appointed to the bench, as Magistrates ad hoc, are Lady Unna of Skálavík of the House of Vanadís, Lady Superior Mortal of the Daughters of Freyja, Bloodroyal and Ærkejarla of Freyja's Necklace and the Lord Stellus Ryabinevich Dolorvenuk Yastreb, Count of Lunaris.

Given at the Court of the Realm on Thingvellir in the Imperial City of Haraldsborg on this Day of the Lord Odin, the Fifth Day of the Month Ydalir in the Thirteenth Year of the Second Viking Age in the Second Epoch of the High Realm.

jza73s.gif

Vilhjalm Kormak av Bjargeirs hus

I hope that the Lord Stellus Yastreb and Lady Unna of Skálavík have been granted access to the Chamber of Whispers.

I have just sent all Magistrates the new password of the Chamber of Whispers.

Previous to today's sitting, the following has happened:

Kari Ajaksarson and Lady Hulda Björnsdóttir were apprehended and placed in custody. During investigation, reasons were found to arrest Agadir Kormaksson and Mikill Ajaksarson. Writs of duha kroppen (habeas corpus) were issued and the defendants were arraigned.

The trial begins now.

I invite the parties to make proposals for an order of business of this trial.

Honourable Magistrates,

I propose the following agenda for the trial:

Stage 1: The Prosecution's case

Stage 2: The defence's case

Stage 3: Closing arguments from prosecution

Stage 4: Closing arguments from the defence

In each stage, rebuttals and questions may be asked. For example, if we in the prosecution have a witness, then you and the defence could cross-examine as well.

I hope that my learned colleague, Princess Calamidad, will accept this. If not, I await her proposal.