The High Realm of Stormark
Sign in to follow this  
Sigrdrífa the Priestess

The Lord Jonathan's Father

My Lady

I don't know much of my father's lineage -- all information that we had was from my mother's memory, which, as you may understand, could at times be unreliable. I never knew my father. Since my dear mother's marriage to Hallbjörn, Hallbjörn has been the only father figure I've known. At times, I even catch myself calling him "father".

To answer your question; I don't think he was a noble. In traditional Hurmu society, there was no such thing as nobility. Chieftainships and so on were elected posts in tribes, the princehood of Hurmu was elected too. My father was a pure Hurmudan. I don't think he had any foreign ancestors. There were orders of knighthood, and I believe my father belonged to one of them, and membership in orders, just like in tribes, were inherited.

The difference between an order and a tribe was that a tribe lived together while members of orders were connected over geographical distances.

It's a shame I never got to know him. I don't even know a picture of him.

2j29mi0.jpg

It's a shame I never got to know him. I don't even know a picture of him.

A High Priestess presents The Lord Jonathan with a picture of his biological father, Merling Karlsson. The picture dates back from the days that the High King was Prince of Hurmu. :)

She wishes to convey that the picture was found in the Leyndarskjalasafn Jólaslafðirs, which means "Secret Archives of the Yule Ladies" in the Storish language and is one of the several archives housed by the Thingeyri Temple.

Thank you so much, Lady Sigrdrífa! My mother always said he and I looked very much alike... and I guess we do. I will keep this picture close to my heart.

Thank you so much, Lady Sigrdrífa! My mother always said he and I looked very much alike... and I guess we do. I will keep this picture close to my heart.

A High Priestess wishes to convey that His Imperial Highness is exuberantly welcome! :)

Since my dear mother's marriage to Hallbjörn, Hallbjörn has been the only father figure I've known. At times, I even catch myself calling him "father".

A High Priestess wonders what you call the Lady Fjǫrleif?

It's a little embarassing.. and punny... but I call her "Fury". We've had our arguments, you see... and then the name got stuck.

A High Priestess wonders what you and the Lady Fjǫrleif argued about?

Our chores... While there are servants to the household's disposal, her father and my mother decided that we should learn life's lesson the hard way. So we had to do annoying chores... and still do. I'm the ambassador of Natopia and my stepdad makes me do chores! I'm 15 years old! I shouldn't have to do this!

I'm afraid I haven't had the opportunity meet her... I've heard that she's a source of constant joy for all around her. I very much look forward to meeting her.