The High Realm of Stormark
Sign in to follow this  
Vilhjálm Kormak

High King Harald's family: things I've always wondered

We know a little of High King Harald's family. His mother is Gudrid and his father is Gudrödar.

But doesn't he have a sister too? What happened to that side of the family

And how is he related to Edgard? Are they "really" brothers?

You see... I am doing one great genealogical project back in Natopia, and it would be very useful to know a lot more about High King Harald's side of the family... now that the Emperor of Natopia and two of the High King's grandchildren are cousins with each other!

But doesn't he have a sister too?

Yes, I do. My Lady Sister is called Lady Ærinndís des Vinandy - of Ettlingar Freyu, Imperial Chieftainess of Port Chloe and the Providence Plantations, Storjarla of Stormark, Lady Imperial on All Continents, Princess of Batavia. Lady Ærinndís is the mother of the late Queen Fränzi-Ferdinanda of Batavia and the widow of King Arkadius I of Batavia.

There is quite a gap in age between me and my Lady Sister due to Ivar the Impaler rendering my Lady Mother infertile by having her poisoned in an attempt to prevent my birth.

What happened to that side of the family

During the Days of the Old Tale, and shortly after my birth, my Lady Sister left the Mysterious Isles to married the Batavian nobleman Arkadius des Vinandy who was the Count of Vinandy. Before Lady Ærinndís left she renounced her rights of succession to the Jarlship of Kjøpsvik and the Lordship of Flóðhǫll, making me the direct heir to that chieftaincy.

And how is he related to Edgard? Are they "really" brothers?

You could best describe our relationship as common law brothers. During the Days of the Old Tale I was fostered for some time at the Imperial Court in Alexandria.

You see... I am doing one great genealogical project back in Natopia, and it would be very useful to know a lot more about High King Harald's side of the family... now that the Emperor of Natopia and two of the High King's grandchildren are cousins with each other!

That is great!! :cheers2:

In the posts below you all may some pictures of Lady Ærinndís des Vinandy - of Ettlingar Freyu, the High King's Lady Sister. :)

You could best describe our relationship as common law brothers. During the Days of the Old Tale I was fostered for some time at the Imperial Court in Alexandria.

A High Priestess wonders what it was like for His Imperial and Royal Majesty to be fostered at the Alexandrian Imperial Court?

A High Priestess wonders what it was like for His Imperial and Royal Majesty to be fostered at the Alexandrian Imperial Court?

Your High Holiness,

The Imperial Court in Alexandria was quite the different world and I very much had to get used to it.

Your High Holiness,

The Imperial Court in Alexandria was quite the different world and I very much had to get used to it.

Pray be advised that that is the understatement of the year! :thumbsup2:

Here we have the chosen one of the gods having to attend Catholic mass on Sundays!

Pray be advised that that shouldn't have been too hard for the Young Falcon since Catholicism is paganism in disguise! :thumbsup2::sunny:

Shhh! Don't tell the Alexandrians that!

Allow me to say: ignorance is bliss! :thumbsup2:

foj96v.jpg

Lady Gudrid with Her infant son baby Harald.