The High Realm of Stormark
Sign in to follow this  
Wenche

[Hnossa Isle] Proclamation of Twins' Birth and Gun Salute

fd93s4.jpg

In the Godsgrove of the ancient ruined fortress which since time immemorial is known as Harald's Holdfast, amidst runestones with the deeds of their Imperial Grandfather the High King and surrounded by eerie wisps of early forenoon fog, a Húskarl of the Imperial Thingalid proudly proclaims the birth of the twin boys which were born to Storjarl Hallbjörn and Lady Esther.

2iql37n.jpg

Gunners of the Alexandrian Guard of the Imperial Thingalid firing a double 62-gun salute in one of the numerous Godsgroves of the Vanadísarhall in honour of the new addition to the Imperial Family, the newborn twin grandsons of the High King, who were born to His son Storjarl Hallbjörn and His Daughter-in-Law Lady Esther.

A High Priestess wonders why each of the High King's grandsons receives a gun salute of 62 shots?

Your High Holiness,

The number of rounds fired in a Imperial Gun Salute depends on the place and occasion.

The basic Imperial Gun Salute is 21 rounds. At Imperial Godsgroves and Imperial Residences an extra 20 rounds are added to the aforesaid gun salute. In the event that the Imperial Godsgrove or Imperial Residence where the firing of the gun salute takes place, is situated in the Imperial City of Haraldsborg, another extra 21 rounds are added.

So because the Imperial Gun Salute for my newborn grandsons was fired at the Vanadísarhall, 62 rounds were fired in honour of each of them (the basic 21, plus a further 20 because the Vanadísarhall is an Imperial Residence, plus another 21 for the Imperial City of Haraldsborg).

My Dear Brother,

I would like to wish the happy couple my sincerest congratulations. Giving birth to twins is a beautiful miracle that very few mothers get to experience. It is impossible to imagine the joy of becoming mother and father to two adorable newborns at the same time. Great news! :D