The High Realm of Stormark
Sign in to follow this  
Vilhjálm Kormak

[Bill] Order of the Holy Lakes Bill

Lady Law Speaker, Honourable Jarls,

In the name of the Supreme Goodness, from Whom all Authority in the Lands of the Longships Throne is derived, I, Vilhjalm Kormak of the House of Nidaros, the Borgarjarl, do hereby beg leave to submit this Bill to the Most Honourable Jarls in this present Althing assembled for their consideration as law:

AN ACT TO RECOGNIZE THE ORDER OF THE HOLY LAKES

Section 1
The High Realm recognizes the Order of the Holy Lakes as a corporate body, and recognizes further the titles that the same Order bestows on its members.

Section 2
This Act, which may be cited as the Act on the Order of the Holy Lakes, enters force upon the High King's assent and promulgation.

Lady Law Speaker,

The purpose of this bill is to bring the de facto recognition of the Order of the Holy Lakes here in the High Realm to a de jure position. That way, the Order of the Holy Lakes will be a recognized body across the High Realm, as well as the titles of the Order's members will be recognized.

I trust that there will be no opposition to the principles of this bill.

Hail the Einherja Queen! Hail Lady Hervör! Hail!

Honourable Jarls,

In the name of the Three Ladies Divine, Frigga, Freyja and Idunn, Fulltrui and Sacred Queens of the Good Lands of Valtia Reborn, from Whom all Authority in the Lands of the Longships Throne is derived, all of me, Lady Aoife the Celt of the House of the Descendants of Freyja, Krónjarla of Stormark, Imperial Chieftainess of the Sólareyjar, Bloodroyal and Ærkejarla of the Sólareyjar, Law Speaker of the Althing, grants the Borgarjarl leave to submit this Bill of his to all of you here in this present Althing assembled.

Discussion and debate on this Bill will be open for a period of one week.

The Applejarla wonders whether the Borgarjarl should add an approved song to his submission like he did in his previous Bills?

Legal Death Bill

Judicial Reform Bill

Lady Law Speaker,

My apologies to the chamber for forgetting this. My thanks to the Applejarla for reminding me, and for somewhat embarrassing me. Now... please stay calm, I will now sing.

Though I have walked through out the world around,
And seen the sun and rain Upon the foreign ground;
Back home I sail, to see the Viking shore,
The Stormark that I love, the land of tale and lore.
Across the sea, whatever foes may be,
Stormark will always be, my home eternally.
My sword has clashed, steel biting hardened steel,
My comrades side by side, no coward thoughts we feel;
But once back home, with peoples warm and pure,
My sov'reigns strength is all, I need to be secure.
Across the sea, whatever foes may be,
Stormark will always be, my home eternally.
In Stormarks halls, amongst my friends and kin,
Is where I long to stay, for it is good within;
And so I rest, but ready for the call,
Yes happy in my home, for Stormark will not fall!
*coughs*
I hope this settles the procedures.

Honourable Jarls,

As far as all of me is concerned the matter of the submission song which was forgotten by the Borgarjarl has been dealt with appropriately and is therefore deemed settled.

The Applejarla wishes to convey that she proposes amendments to the Bill which has been submitted by the Borgarjarl and that her fellow Jarls of the High Realm may find the aforesaid amendments in the post below.

AN ACT TO MAKE PROVISION CONCERNING THE LEGAL STATUS OF THE ORDER OF THE HOLY LAKES AS WELL AS RECOGNIZE ITS TITLES OF MEMBERSHIP.

Most Gracious Sovereign Lord and Ruler of all the Lands Whatsoever Where Man Can Smell the Scent of Saline Waters or Hear the Sound of Crashing Waves,

WHEREAS the age-old order known since ancient times as the Order of the Holy Lakes was quite recently Udally re-established by the leadership of the Temple of the Lakes, at Haraldsborg, breathing new life into the historical and illustrious order aforesaid.

AND WHEREAS we, Your Imperial and Royal Majesty's Most Faithful Jarls in the Althing assembled, have most joyously deemed it fit, proper and appropriate to, as requested by the Most Honourable Borgarjarl on behalf of the leadership of the Temple of the Lakes, at Haraldsborg, to extend formal recognition to the aforementioned Order of the Holy Lakes.

NOW, THEREFORE, we, Your Imperial and Royal Majesty’s most dutiful and loyal Patricians, the Most Honourable Jarls of the High Realm in the Althing assembled, have freely and voluntarily resolved to confer the legal status of body corporate upon the aforesaid Order of the Holy Lakes by this Act of ours and through the provisions of the Act aforesaid also acknowledge the titles that the aforesaid Order from time to time bestows upon its members, and we do most humbly beseech Your Imperial Valtian Viking Majesty that You may be graciously pleased to assent to and confirm as Law the following decision of Your Most Faithful Althingi Jarls:

Section 1: Body Corporate

The Most Honourable Jarls in the Althing assembled hereby recognize the Order of the Holy Lakes as a corporate body under the Law of the Land with power to create and amend its own Charter.

Section 2: Titles of the Order

The aforesaid Althingi Jarls do hereby also recognize in the Law of the Twenty-Six Jarldoms the several titles that the Order of the Holy Lakes bestows on its members in accordance with its traditions and customs.

Section 3: Short Title

This Act may be cited as the Act on the Order of the Holy Lakes of Year 13.

Section 4: Commencement

This Act shall enter into force upon the High King's assent and promulgation.

Lady Law Speaker,

I extend my thanks to the Applejarla for perfecting my bill, and naturally accept her amendment as friendly. I further move to adopt the bill by a vote as soon as possible.

The Brísingajarla seconds the move for a vote.

Honourable Jarls,

In the name of the Three Ladies Divine, Frigga, Freyja and Idunn, Fulltrui and Sacred Queens of the Good Lands of Valtia Reborn, from Whom all Authority in the Lands of the Longships Throne is derived, all of me has noted that motion for a vote has been made and seconded. All of me hereby declares that debate is closed and that voting shall commence immediately. All Althingi Jarls may vote AYE, NAY, DEFER to signify the Bill be returned to debate or ABSTAIN. Voting may remain open for four days.

The High King and Gulajarl begs leave to move for closure of the vote.

The Brísingajarla seconds the move for closure.

Honourable Jarls,

In the name of the Three Ladies Divine, Frigga, Freyja and Idunn, Fulltrui and Sacred Queens of the Good Lands of Valtia Reborn, from Whom all Authority in the Lands of the Longships Throne is derived, all of me declares that voting is now closed.

This Bill is hereby pronounced passed by the the Most Honourable Jarls in this present Althing assembled. The tally is, in accordance with the votes allocated by virtue of Article 8 of the Althing Statute, 7 Ayes, 0 Nays and 0 abstentions. All of me does hereby submit this Bill to the High King for the Imperial Assent.

Lady Law Speaker,

We do hereby inform you that We have granted Our Imperial Assent to the Act on the Order of the Holy Lakes Bill and the said Bill has therefore become Law as the Act on the Order of the Holy Lakes of Year 13.