The High Realm of Stormark
Sign in to follow this  
Esther

Letter to the High King

Dearest Father-in-law

As I write this, your two little twin grand children are sleeping soundly. I am sorry for not having written to you earlier, but having two little children is quite time-consuming! Please come visit soon.

I am been trying to talk to your son about the issue of names for the children, but for every suggestion I come, he says "that is a lovely name". After I suggested "Siserus" as a joke, he still said in all earnestness that it was a lovely name... so forgive me for doubting his senses. As such, I would like to counsel with you on what names would be appropriate.

I have begun -- in my mind -- in calling the little ones Joel (the five-minute younger) and Noah (the five-minute elder) -- and I very much realize how un-Storish such names are, so they should at least have a Storish name each -- if you in your heart can accept that your descendants bear those Kalirion traditional names as well.

My suggestion would then to name the children thus:

Thorstein Noah of the Houses of Ayreon-Kalirion and the Descendants of Freyja

Audun Joel of the Houses of Ayreon-Kalirion and the Descendants of Freyja

Noah's name would be in the family tradition honour both house traditions in naming, as well as one grandfather's former name (that would be you in case you had forgotten it), while Joel's would do the same but a great grandfather, Rashid Ayreon, both of whom have held an emperor's rank (you as high king, and Rashid as shahanshah and Shirerithian kaiser). If you recall, Rashid used Audun as his Storish/Nidarosian name.

As for titles, apart from the ones you would have the power to bestow on them, they would automatically be Lords in the peerage of Babkha (as my first-born Jonathan is), and would, unless they receive any higher Storish title, each be titled "His Imperial Highness The Lord [name] of the Houses of Ayreon-Kalirion and the Descendants of Freyja, Knight of the Holy Lakes, Scion of the King of Kings." The "Scion of the King of Kings" is a title given to any descendant of a Shahanshah (whose very title means King of Kings), and my nephew holds that title too, for example. Should Jonathan die before me, Noah would be the one inheriting the title to the Emirate of Sathrati upon my death.

I do hope you can counsel me on this... as you can imagine, I am not getting much support back home.

I remain your loyal daughter in law

Esther

Her Royal Highness Jarla Wenche Gulbrandsdottir of the House of Mývatn, Jarla of Hvalfjarðarsveit, Secretary of the High King's Private Cabinet hands a parchment scroll to an Imperial Courier who immediately departs for the Hospital of the Temple of the Lakes, at Haraldsborg.

The scroll is made of Valtian parchment, has a royal blue Valtian silk ribbon around it, and is sealed off with the Great Seal of the Imperial House of Ettlingar Freyu also in royal blue. It is an Imperial Letter of Reply from His Imperial and Royal Majesty the High King of Stormark intended for His Most Dearly Beloved Daughter-in-Law and Lady Mother of His newborn grandsons, Her Imperial and Royal Highness Lady Esther of the Houses of Ayreon-Kalirion and the Descendants of Freyja.

27yozk.gif

LETTER OF REPLY

BY

HIS IMPERIAL AND ROYAL MAJESTY

THE HIGH KING OF THE HIGH REALM OF STORMARK

Haraldsborg, 9 Glitnir 13

To: Her Imperial and Royal Highness Storjarla Esther Maryam Amirdokhtar of the Houses of Ayreon-Kalirion and of the Descendants of Freyja, Imperial Chieftainess of the Vaan Aujoen, Storjarla of Stormark, Lady Imperial on all Continents, Emira of Sathrati, Princess among the Lakes, Scion of the King of Kings.

Most Dearly Beloved Lady Daughter-in-Law,

We are so pleased to be the Imperial Recipient of this epistle from your Motherly and Lightgiving Hand, as well as quite flattered that Your Imperial and Royal Highness have turned to Us for Counsel and Advice concerning the names of the newborn Imperial Twins, which you have carried under your heart and safely delivered into this world.

You have Our Most Imperial Approval of the names for the two baby boys which almost magically appeared in your mind and which you would like them to bear. The same applies to the Storish names which you have so most graciously suggested for the little ones.

Both of Our newborn Imperial Grandsons shall be admitted to the Imperial Branch of the House of Ettlingar Freyu as well as given a place in the Line of Succession to the Imperial Longships Throne with their full Imperial Names, Titles and Styles being:

His Imperial and Royal Highness Thorstein Noah of the Houses of Ayreon-Kalirion and the Descendants of Freyja, the Imperial Chieftain of Thule, Arvjarl of the Twenty-Six Jarldoms, Storjarl of Stormark, Lord Imperial on All Continents, Knight of the Holy Lakes, Scion of the King of Kings;

His Imperial and Royal Highness Audun Joel of the Houses of Ayreon-Kalirion and the Descendants of Freyja, the Imperial Chieftain of Arbor Isles, Arvjarl of the Twenty-Six Jarldoms, Storjarl of Stormark, Lord Imperial on All Continents, Knight of the Holy Lakes, Scion of the King of Kings.

Please be hereby advised that it is Our Imperial Intention, Dearest Lady Daughter-in-Law, to sojourn upon the newborn Imperial Twins at Our earliest Imperial Convenience and that We very much look forward to the aforesaid visit.

With the Most Kind Regards Imperial,

2n08n6x.png

signature2l.gif

Haraldur Freyjugjöf af Ættingjunum Freyju, Yfirkonungur Stórmerkur