The High Realm of Stormark
Sign in to follow this  
Vilhjálm Kormak

Banner/arms in progress

I've been working on a banner (and from that later, coat of arms) for the Ayreon-Kalirion dynasty.

AYREON-KALIRION

The Ayreon-Kalirion banner would look something like this:

c8f5dfc0-b5c5-4b47-b000-ec3531ca1b48_zps

Ayreon-Kalirion is, as the name implies, a merger of two lines: the Babkhan Ayreon (also known as Arsalani) line and the Hyperborean Kalir line.

The vergina sun on a black sky represents the emirate of Sathrati, whose first emir became Rashid Arsalani upon taking on the kaisership of Shireroth at the same time (as Kaiser Ayreon). The blue mountains are from Hyperborea and are featured on the shield of Kalir. (the top peak is Mt Yaanek, which in Elwynnese folklore the mountain under which the goddess Elwynn dwells).

See for example:

Emirate of Sathrati

sathrati.png

(Note, old arms of the Emirate: current arms are similar)

Shield of Kalir

70e3eee7-022f-457b-b251-3f904ad47e4a_zps

HOUSES OF AYREON-KALIRION AND ETTLINGAR FREYU

The common banner of the houses Ayreon-Kalirion and Ettlingar Freyu would be with Ayreon-Kalirion banner impaled with that of Ettlingar Freyu, something like this:

087662b5-5184-4695-a5e4-5cb46f9f405b_zps

I was then thinking that Lady Esther's personal arms in the High Realm would be based on this banner, but with the arms of the Vaan Aujoen as an inescutcheon in the centre. Hallbjörn could do something similar, but I expect him to already have personal arms. But his and Esther's common children could have their arms based on this joint banner.

Now, naturally, Nathaniel's personal arms would be very different from his aunt's. The Ayreon-Kalirion banner would be impaled with that of Waffel-Paine. And Lord Jonathan's arms would be based only on the Ayreon-Kalirion arms, making him, funny enough, the only "sole" Ayreon-Kalirion.

I happily ask for comments.

I was then thinking that Lady Esther's personal arms in the High Realm would be based on this banner, but with the arms of the Vaan Aujoen as an inescutcheon in the centre. Hallbjörn could do something similar, but I expect him to already have personal arms. But his and Esther's common children could have their arms based on this joint banner.

Your Grace,

Storjarl Hallbjörn does not have personal arms yet, because I did not get round creating Arms for the Jarldom of Tronderike, of which he is the Imperial Chieftain, until yesterday.

The common banner for the Houses Ayreon-Kalirion and Ettlingar Freyu looks fine to me. Members of the Imperial Branch of the House of Ettlingar Freyu are also entitled to use the Arms of the Imperial Branch.

Your Grace,

In the post below you may find the Arms of the Imperial Branch of the House of Ettlingar Freyu.

Thanks!

You're welcome. :)

I actually think the imperial branch arms would look better together with the Ayreon-Kalirion one...

Indeed.

Pray be advised that that banner is superabundantly lovely and regal! :thumbsup1:

Thank you!

The idea is then that each banner would be escutcheoned with the bearers imperial chieftaincy: the Vaan Aujoen in Lady Esther's case, and then her husband's in his, and their sons' in theirs.

For example:

ladyesther_zpsa07ab540.png

(rough draft! of course...)

Pray be advised that in spite of that, it still looks pretty good! :thumbsup1: