The High Realm of Stormark
Sign in to follow this  
Unna

Wedding of Storjarl Hallbjörn and Lady Esther

The Emperor got up, and started to speak soon after young Jonathan.

What a beautiful speech, the future right here, ladies and gentlemen. The future of Micras. Well done, Lord Jonathan.

And to the groom, dear boy, if you can get a speech in, now's the time - that will be the last time you get to speak for five minutes without being interrupted. *laughs*

I did ask for a microphone a bit ago, but was told one wasn't available. So - if I can't be heard in the back, then the silence from the people at the front should reassure you that you're not missing out on much. *laughs again*

It is truly great to see everyone today, enjoying themselves, celebrating love.

Quite clearly no expense has been spared in this celebration, this wonderful occasion celebrating the love between two amazing people - Hallbjörn and Esther. Looking around this room, it is amazing to see friends and family from all over Micras, and it always pleases me to see us all gathered together, happy, as a family.

Lady Esther, you look radiant and beautiful today, and the smile that adorns your face brings joy to all of us.

And to our good lad Hallbjorn, take care of our good Lady Esther, and love her.

All I can ask now is for all of you to join me in a toast - let's wish the happy couple a long, beautiful and prosperous life together. Please raise your glasses - to the bride and groom.

Esther toasted, and started mingling with the guest.

Folk songs that Esther remembered from her childhood were played, from Babkha, Elwynn and Hurmu. Particularly those from Hurmu touched her soul the most.

The Archbishop rose his (non-alcoholic) glass to toast the newlyweds as well. This was the first the Archbishop attended such an intimate affair with royalty from across Micras. His attendance allowed him to the humanity in persons who embody their states, and he was happy to see that the familial bonds of love persist even at that highest stratum of society.

The Archbishop did not rise to give a speech but he was eager to make conversations with the other guests. He greeted the newlyweds and expressed his great joy that they were united in holy matrimony. He also commented on how important their marriage is to people around the world. He remembered fondly his childhood in Ouinville. The parties, dinners, and celebrations his friends and family organized when a royal marriage took place. He remarked that all across world everyday people are reveling in the joy marriage. But then it occurred to him that his conversation had become the ramblings of an old commoner who somehow—by the grace of God—now dines with princes and potentates of Micras. He ends his remembrance quickly saying “Anyway. I’m happy for you. The world’s happy for you. But this is your marriage. It doesn’t belong to me. It doesn’t belong to the world. It belongs to you. So I pray that you are the happiest here today and that you’ll remain happy together when this party and the block parties are over.”

He then crossed the hall, patting the young Jonathan on the back and congratulating him on his speech, before joining a circle of Alexandrians that include the Imperial Family and the Frist Consul. They laughed and joked. The Archbishop remarked that the trip may be too long for him to go back so he may just stay and take a job in the Church of Stormark. Then on that note he realized he hadn’t spoke to the high priestess so he excused himself to find here and talk about his favorite subject—religion.

Then on that note he realized he hadn’t spoke to the high priestess so he excused himself to find here and talk about his favorite subject—religion.

Her High Holiness the High Priestess of the Thingeyri Temple notices His Grace the Primate of the Church of Alexandria and walks up to him.

The Archbishop approachs Her High Holiness and greets her warmly :

I am so very happy to meet you! Your reputation precedes you and it is indeed and honor to meet you. A few members of my church have encouraged me to seek a greater understanding of the current state of religion in Stormark so I wanted to know where I could go to find out more about your faith?

A High Priestess wishes to convey that she is very pleased to meet you too. There is a very good article in Stormark's Wiki about my faith, which is called the Ancient Ways.

OOC: To be quite on the safe side I inform you that the article contains images which are NSFW in macronational real life.

Link to Ancient Ways Article

Thank you so much! This is very interesting. I am interested in hosting a number of lectures on micronational religion at the Imperial University sometime in the future. I will be sure to let you know when it shall occur and hopefully we may have a representative from your faith attend. Again, it has been a pleasure meeting you!

The Archbishop then bids the High Priestess good evening. He was most pleased with the wedding and the reception. He would like to stay longer but now the aged pastor is tired so he bids adieu the others and retires for the evening. The next day he shall make the long journey back home to finish his work at the Sacred College.

A High Priestess wishes to convey to the Archbishop that meeting him was an exuberant pleasure and that she is glad that she was able to provide with knowledge about her faith and customs of worship. She also wishes His Grace a safe and pleasant voyage back to Alexandria and a fruitful time with regard to the discharge of his religious functions.