The High Realm of Stormark
Sign in to follow this  
Lady Gudrun

'Can never forget Mette-Marit'

Crown Princess Mette-Marit's former live-in boyfriend is speaking out for the first time about the couple's relationship in the mid-1990s. He's contributed to a new book about Mette-Marit, due out in October, and says he'll never be able to forget her.

Crown Princess Mette-Marit now lives a life of title and privilege. Less than 10 years ago, she was living with an older man in a flat in Lillestrøm who's now telling his story.

The 46-year-old resident of Lillestrøm, where he and Mette-Marit Tjessem Høiby once shared an apartment, still doesn't want his name to appear in print. But he agreed to talk to journalists Frode Hansen and Tommy Fossum, who have written the book.

"Every time I look around inside a store, I see her face on the front page of magazines," he told local newspaper Romerikes Blad. "It's not possible to just close your eyes to it.

"I just have to accept that I'll never be finished with her."

He first met the 15-year-younger Mette-Marit at a popular Oslo nightclub called Kristiania. He said they lived together for awhile in his apartment building in Lillestrøm, a working-class town on the train line northeast of Oslo.

He also said they were engaged, and planned to travel to Las Vegas to get married. That never happened. He said he didn't want to discuss why their relationship ended.

He added that he only has good things to say about Mette-Marit. "Only superlatives," he said. "Not a bad word." He declined, however, to say whether he'd had contact with the crown princess in recent years.

He isn't the father of Mette-Marit's son Marius. Her son is the product of a short-lived romance that came later. She was a single mother when she met Crown Prince Haakon, with whom she's since had a daughter. They're now expecting another baby in December.

The Lillestrom man said it didn't come as a big shock that she would marry the heir to Norway's throne. "Through the media I'd known they'd become a couple," he said. "And I know that Mette-Marit generally gets what she wants."

Good Evening To You, My Gentle Friends,

Another former suitor "kiss-and-tell" book!!! . . .

Just what this world needs!!! . . .

At least Crown Princess Mette-Marit is privileged now, instead of living with the likes of someone who will tell all for money . . .

I consider that so unbecoming, unflattering, and unnecessary . . .

Also, tacky, and rude . . .

Have a most thoughtful evening . . . forthwith . . .

Good Evening To You, My Gentle Friends,

Another former suitor "kiss-and-tell" book!!! . . .

Just what this world needs!!! . . .

At least Crown Princess Mette-Marit is privileged now, instead of living with the likes of someone who will tell all for money . . .

I consider that so unbecoming, unflattering, and unnecessary . . .

Also, tacky, and rude . . .

Dame Ragnhild,

Look at it from the bright side. Mette-Marit is creating jobs and saving journalists and writers from unemployment. wink.gif

Good Evening To You, Sir Dagfinn,

True, now that You make that assertion, I can see the point that You are trying to make . . .

However, creating jobs and saving journalists and writers from unemployment is hardly a Royal Occupation, I would think . . .

But it is definitely one worth noting, nonetheless . . .

I knew that, Dear Sir Dagfinn!!! . . .

You are indeed A Gem!!! . . .

You are indeed Most Welcome!!! . . .

And Most Deserving, As Well!!! . . .