The High Realm of Stormark
Sign in to follow this  
Vilhjálm Kormak

To Lady Wenche: Request for info

Dear Lady Wenche

On behalf of the Temple at Haraldsborg, I have the honour to refer you to the marital negotiations between HI&RH Storjarl Hallbjörn and HIH The Lady Esther.

In light of these, I beg to receive information on Hallbjörn's ancestors, particularly his paternal and maternal lineages. In plain, English, my Lady, I beg to request information on the names, and places of birth (and in the case of any of them being departed, the place of death), of the following:

- his parents
- his paternal grandparents
- his maternal grandparents
- any great grandparents of note

If you would provide me and the temple, which along with His Most Bovic Majesty, acts on the Lady's interests in this matter, it would bring great comfort to us all, Lady Esther particularly, and help speed up all negotiations.

Should there be any information that the Imperial Court would desire receiving the Lady Esther and anything referring to her, I would be happy to oblige.

In the mean time, my Lady, I remain your most humble servant.

Your Grace,

I will endeavour to provide you with the requested information concerning the forebears of His Imperial and Royal Highness the Imperial Chieftain of Tronderike. You will receive aforesaid information within a couple of hours.

Forebears of:

His Imperial and Royal Highness Storjarl Hallbjörn, Imperial Chieftain of Tronderike, Arvjarl of the Twenty-Six Jarldoms, Storjarl of Stormark, Lord Imperial on all Continents

Parents

Father: His Imperial and Royal Majesty High King Harald Freyjugjöf the Generous Giver of the House of the Descendants of Freyja, High King of Stormark, Sovereign Lord on all Continents

Birthplace: Flóðhǫll, Realm of the Mysterious Isles

Mother: Her Imperial and Royal Highness Storjarla Geirbjörg Gefialdrsdottir of the House of the Descendants of Freyja, Imperial Chieftainess of the Isles, Storjarla of Stormark, Lady Imperial on all Continents, Jarla of Lögleysafjørður, Lady of Klædaská Rock

Birthplace: Klædaská Rock, Realm of the Mysterious Isles

Paternal Grandparents

Paternal Grandfather: His Grace Jarl Gudrödar Grjotgardsson of the House of the Descendants of Freyja, Jarl of Kjøpsvik, Lord of Flóðhǫll

Birthplace: Flóðhǫll, Realm of the Mysterious Isles

Paternal Grandmother: Her Maternal Majesty Lafði Gudrid Thorbjarnardottir of the Houses of Kaupsted and the Descendants of Freyja, the High Queen Mother.

Birthplace: Haugesund, Realm of the Mysterious Isles

Maternal Grandparents

Maternal Grandfather: His Grace Jarl Gefialdr Bloodaxe of the House of Utenlov, Jarl of Lögleysafjørður, Lord of Klædaská Rock

Place of Death: Elveden Forest, Kingdom of Thydtwinnster

Maternal Grandmother: Her Grace Lafði Ygerna Foreldreløs of the Houses of Utenlov and Smøla;

Birthplace: Byrnhǫll, Duchy of Guernsey

Place of Death: Klædaská Rock, Realm of the Mysterious Isles

Paternal Great-grandparents

Paternal Grand-greatfather: His Grace Laird Tove-Grjotgard Ingebjørgsson of the House of Knýtlinga

Birthplace: Jómsborg, Thinghold of Frostarike

Place of Death: Hattfjellhǫll, Realm of the Mysterious Isles

Paternal Grand-greatmother: Her Grace Jarla Thyra Skagesdóttir of House of the Descendants of Freyja, Jarla of Kjøpsvik, Lady of Flóðhǫll

Birthplace: Bay of Seals, Duchy of the Providence Plantations

Place of Death: Flóðhǫll, Realm of the Mysterious Isles

Paternal Grand-greatfather: Thorbjarnar the Wealthy of the House of Kaupsted

Birthplace: Grímsnes, Realm of the Mysterious Isles

Place of Death: Shipbreaker Sea, Realm of the Mysterious Isles

Paternal Grand-greatmother: Gyda Sægrímrsdóttir of the Houses of Kaupsted and Førhandlinga

Birthplace: Vinberby, Freehold of the Arbor Isles

Place of Death: Hvolsvöllur, Realm of the Mysterious Isles

Maternal Great-grandparents

Maternal Grand-greatfather: His Grace Jarl Þjóðólfr the Mountain-High of the House of Utenlov, Jarl of Lögleysafjørður, Lord of Klædaská Rock

Place of Death: Tantfield Valley, Kingdom of Marthunia

Maternal Grand-greatmother: Her Grace Lafði Estrid Hallkelsdatter of the Houses of Gumsehuvud and Utenlov

Birthplace: Fljótshlíð, Freehold of Thule

Place of Death: Shipbreaker Sea, Realm of the Mysterious Isles

Maternal Grand-greatfather: Vetrliði Strongbow of the House of Knýtlinga

Birthplace: Viborg, Thinghold of Borgarrike

Place of Death: Emerald Island, Freehold of the Isles

Maternal Grand-greatmother: Vébjǫrg Geirfastrsdóttir of the Houses of Knýtlinga and Fitjar

Birthplace: Hvinir, Realm of the Mysterious Isles

Place of Death: Whinfell Forest, Kingdom of Thydtwinnster

Dear Lady Wenche

I am in receipt of the information you have provided. It is most helpful. I owe you my gratitude. Is there anything you would like to request? If such is the case, I will be most glad to assist.

I remain, etc

You're welcoime, Your Grace.

I have made some corrections and additions to the list of Storjarl Hallbjörn's forebears.

I have made some corrections and additions to the list of Storjarl Hallbjörn's forebears.

A High Priestess wonders what kind of corrections and additions have been made?

A High Priestess wonders what kind of corrections and additions have been made?

Your High Holiness,

Where required I replaced "Lord" with "Laird" and "Lady" by "Lafði". This because Laird and Lafði are the official titles pertaining to those spouses of nobles.

I also added the full name of Storjarla Geirbjörg's grandmother, Vébjǫrg Geirfastr of the Houses of Knýtlinga and Fitjar.

A High Priestess wonders why Lafði Ygerna is listed as a member of the House of Smøla and not a as a member of the House of Knýtlinga or the House of Fitjar?

A High Priestess wonders why Lafði Ygerna is listed as a member of the House of Smøla and not a as a member of the House of Knýtlinga or the House of Fitjar?

Your High Holiness,

Lafði Ygerna Foreldreløs was after the death of her father, who served the Duke of Guernsey as a warmaster and was killed in battle, adopted into the House of Smøla, which at the time was the ruling house of the Duchy of Guernsey.

The Lady's mother, who died after being attacked by wasps while travelling, had predeceased her husband.

1zxpirq.png

Lady Wenche,

Can I have such a family tree too?

Here you are, Your Imperial and Royal Highness!

My Lady,

Is the Laird Tove Grjotgard Ingebjörgsson related to Vetrildi Strongbow?

Your Imperial Highness,

Yes, they are very distant cousins. The House of Knýtlinga happens to be one of the largest Houses on Reikistjarna with branches into many regions.

Yes, they are very distant cousins. The House of Knýtlinga happens to be one of the largest Houses on Reikistjarna with branches into many regions.

A High Priestess wonders how the House of Knýtlinga could grow so large?

A High Priestess wonders how the House of Knýtlinga could grow so large?

That has to do with a forebear called Þiðrekr Ildkuler who fathered over 5000 children. It was said of him that he could field an army from his breeches. His nickname "Ildkuler" means "fireballs" in the Viking language.

That has to do with a forebear called Þiðrekr Ildkuler who fathered over 5000 children. It was said of him that he could field an army from his breeches. His nickname "Ildkuler" means "fireballs" in the Viking language.

A High Priestess is of the mind that his nickname is wickedly and amusingly appropriate! :lol:

Is this house perhaps the biggest still in Stormark?

Yes, it pretty much is the biggest House in the Lands of the Longships Throne.

Jarl Vilhjálm,

I would like to enquire in Lady Esther's health. Is she at present fit enough to consummate the marriage?

As you may know or may not know under Storish Law a marriage looses its validity when it not consummated,

A High Priestess wishes to convey that she has got several potions at her disposal which should be able to help the Lady Esther with that delicate matter. :)

Lady Wenche

There are no medical indicators with regard to Lady Esther to anything that would suggest that there are physical inhibitions to the consummation of a marriage on her part. Can you promise the same for Jarl Hallbjörn?

Jarl Vilhjálm,

Storjarl Hallbjörn is young, virile, and lust-craved for Lady Esther so the consummation of their marriage won't be a problem for him at all. :)