The High Realm of Stormark
Sign in to follow this  
Unna

Imperial Visit from Natopia

"Thank you, my Lady, for clarifying."

The weather was getting worse and worse. He heard rumours that the rains were the worst in thirty years over this part of the Heartland.

While the pilots were still confident that the flight would be safe (only a bit bumpy), Nathaniel's chief of staff advised to stay on the ground.

Nathaniel returned to Storjarla Aesileif.

"Your Imperial and Royal Highness, forgive me, but we cannot pursue with the tour right now. I am under the strongest recommendations not to get up in the air."

The storjarla looked both disappointed and understanding.

Now the Lady Esther entered the room, too.

"But it does give us an opportunity!" Esther bursted. "We could begin the preparations for the negotiations of a marriage contract!".

Nathaniel looked at her with a sense of shock and disbelief.

"In Hurmu custom," she explained, "marriage needs to be negotiated before a formal proposal is made."

Nathaniel felt that his aunt was embarrassing herself. He whispered to her "He hasn't even proposed!"

"I know that!" she replied non-discreetly. "Ssshhh you!".

She turned to the storjarla. "Forgive my nephew... he's not used to these kind of things."

"But how can you negotiate if he's not even here?" bursted Nathaniel out.

Lady Æsileif put her hand on Emperor Nathaniel's shoulder.

"Your Bovic Majesty", the High King's daughter calmly said, "Storjarl Hallbjörn and I came into this world together after having lived under our Lady Mother's heart for several moons. We are extremely close and absolutely have no secrets for each other. You can rest assured that he is going to propose to your aunt and I also already know where he will do so."

The Emperor of Natopia nodded.

"I myself have taken part in the negotiations concerning the matrimonial covenant between me and my late husband King Arkadius III of Batavia", the Queen of the Ravarians continued, "and I have also extensively studied the papers and other records relating to all of the colloquies and bargaining with regard to the marriage contracts between my Lord Father and Lady Hervör as well as the High Queens Asa and Sigrid."

Storjarla Æsileif paused for a second and then triumphantically continued.

"In consequence of the aforesaid I'm of the mind that I'm suitably qualified as a matrimonial covenant intermediary and I will therefore act as my brother's representative in the negotiations of a marriage contract?!"

With a big smile on her face the Imperial Chieftainess of Borgarrike turned to the aunt of the Emperor of Natopia.

"Lady Esther, Sweet Sister of mine", the Queen of the Ravarians happily and proudly said, "let's commence with the colloquies and bargaining for a matrimonial covenant between you and my dearest brother to negotiate a marriage contract befitting to your birth and station!"

The princess from Hurmu squealed with joy!

The High King's daughter then gave Storjarl Hallbjörn's future wife a big hug and then asked: "Well, Sweet Goodsister of mine, tell me now what a marriage contract usually entails under Hurmu custom!"

Esther suddenly looked very serious and formal, and she explained:

"In Hurmu custom, since marriage is unregulated by law, marriage must be preceded by a contract. The contract must cover:

the name of the couples, usually a name is taken from both parties' dynastic names, but not necessarily, it is most common that a common name is taken though, either mixed from both like my uncle "Ayreon-Kalirion of Waffle-Paine", or one name from either of the dynasties, a new name, or that both parties keep their names. This shall be regulated by contract.

Children. The protection and rights of children from before the marriage, and the protection and rights of children from the marriage.

Property. Is property held jointly? Indivudual? Partly shared, partly individual? Under property, this includes non-material property such as titles and rights.

Inheritence. Should anyone in the marriage die, how is inheritence divided?

Dissolution. Marriage dissolves automatically on death, but what are the grounds for divorce and how is a divorce in that case sought?

I hope this clarified a lot, my lady."

Edited by Esther

Storjarla Æsileif was very pleased with the large amount of information concerning Hurmu marriage contracts she had received from her future goodsister Lady Esther Maryam Amirdokhtar of Ayreon-Kalirion.

"Thank you very much for this huge quantity of information you have provided me with, Sweet Sister", the Queen of the Ravarians said.

"I'm glad that I can be of service", Lady Esther said with a warm smile.

The Imperial Chieftainess of Borgarrike rubbed her chin and thought about the considerable differences between Hurmu matrimonial customs and Storish Law, which regulates marriages in Stormark and challenge it would be to reconcile them in a fitting marriage covenant.

"To me it would seem best to deal with these issues point-by-point", the High King's daughter continued.

Lady Esther nodded in agreement and Storjarla Æsileif moved to the first order of business: naming.

"As you will be inducted into the House of Ettlingar Freyu upon becoming my dearest brother's wife your name will be regulated by Storish Law.

In general we don't do last names in Stormark, only patronymics, matronymics and nicknames. Your full name would therefore be:

Esther Maryam Amirdokhtar of the House of Ettlingar Freyu, or;

Esther Maryam Amirdokhtar of the Houses of Ayreon-Kalirion and Ettlingar Freyu.

"What about Hallbjörn's name?", the aunt of the Emperor of Natopia asked.

"My dearest brother's full name will not change and shall therefore remain Hallbjörn Haraldsson of the House of Ettlingar Freyu.

"So what do you think?", Lady Æsileif asked Lady Esther.

Esther smiled. This storjarla was very considerate to her brother, wanting to begin negotiations immediately.

"My dear Aesileif," she said, "if you are going to be your brother's representative, my nephew will represent me in the negotiations. Negotiations must be equal at all times, which is why they are either party-to-party or both by proxies."

Aesileif nodded.

"Nathaniel, my dear... will you do the honour?"

"Of course," replied Nathaniel.

"Excuse us, Lady Aesileif" said Esther while she and Nathaniel left the room to discuss the negotiations.

"Very well", I'll see you later", Storjarla Æsileif said to the departing pair.
She fully understood Lady Esther's decision to let her nephew Emperor Nathaniel conduct the matrimonial covenant negotiations. It would also give her an opportunity to give some extra thought to the upcoming colloquies and bargaining as well as the inevitable wheeling and dealing so inherent to these kind of matters.

The Imperial Chieftainess of Borgarrike rested her head on the table and then proceeded to clear it fo. Soon she was thinking of nothing and for a while just listening to the torrential rains which savagely battered Hurhaeng.

"I love the sound of rain", she thought and a smile of contentness appeared on her face.

The sounds of the heavy rains were very relaxing and soothing, almost as relaxing and soothing as Lady Esther's voice, and as time went by the smile on the Lady Imperial's face widened and widened.

In time the High King's daughter's thoughts inevitably wandered back to the marriage contract negotiations that were ahead of her.......

Twenty minutes later, Nathaniel came back in. He held a notebook in his hand.

"My Lady," he said. "Forgive me... but if we wish to continue the negotiations now, I am ready."

"About the name... Either my aunt will be, in Storish tradition 'Lady Esther Maryam Amirdokht of the House of Ayreon-Kalirion' or 'Lady Esther Maryam Amirdokht of the Houses of Ayreon-Kalirion and Ettlingar Freyu'. If the second instance, then she insists that her husband would have the same suffix, that is 'Hallbjörn Haraldsson of the Houses of Ayreon-Kalirion and Ettlingar Freyu'. In Hurmu tradition, the last of the names are usually the most principal anyway, just as I am of the houses Ayreon-Kalirion and of Waffle-Paine, Waffle-Paine is usually seen as most principal.

"You see, my Lady... my aunt takes equality very seriously, and she does not want to be seen as she is subjugated to anyone but herself... and a name change that is not equal between both is just not acceptable to her. I do hope you understand"

Edited by Nathaniel

"It's bargaining time again", Storjarla Æsileif thought.

She removed her head from the table, sat upright, and rubbed her face.

"I'm also ready to continue with the negotiations", the Imperial Chieftainess of Borgarrike confirmed.

The High King's daughter let the proposals concerning the naming of the future married pair sink in for an instant.

"I'll then opt for the second proposition and your aunt's full name will upon marriage be 'Esther Maryam Amirdokht of the Houses of Ayreon-Kalirion and Ettlingar Freyu' and her husband's name will be 'Hallbjörn Haraldsson of the Houses of Ayreon-Kalirion and Ettlingar Freyu'."

Storjarla Æsileif smiled. "Now that we have reached agreement over the first order of business we shall move on to the next one: children."

Nathaniel smiled. At last the first thing was covered.

"About children, I would like to include inheritence in this matter.

"Should Lady Esther die before her son reaches adulthood, your brother will have to take care of him as if he were his own son until then. The same will go for your niece, should your brother die before she reading adulthood, then Lady Esther will take care of the child as if it were her own.

"Both parties declare and acknowledge that they have no other children now

"Should the couple then get a child after marriage, there will be no difference in the family on how that child is to be treated from the two other children.

"Should one of the parties in marriage die, then the estate of that party will be divided thus:

"One half to the spouse, and the other half to the diceased's children. No items nor property will be subjected to any kind of will or testament unless approved by a subsequent agreement under the marriage contract"

Nathaniel looked at his future family member, and smiled again

"I apologize if this all sounds try... we just try to solve everything. We're likely to go through things all this one time more once we cross-reference everything in the final draft contract. Is there anything you wish to add, apart from your comments on what I just proposed?"

"All of the proposed is acceptable", the High King's daughter nodded in agreement.

So far the negotiations went quite smoothly!

"I would like to add a provision about the couple's domicile, which should in the High Realm", Storjarla Æsileif said.

The High King's daughter's thoughts already went to the next order of business: property.

Nathaniel smiled, thinking everything went much more smoothly than he thought.

"Regarding the question of domicile, I think the couple will be able to work that out. It is possible, you see, that Lady Esther may end up on the Natopian order of succession, and in that event, she wouldn't be able to have her domiscile in Stormark... but let us not think about that right now. 'The couple shall always keep a fixed address in Stormark' would suffice as a good phrase in the contract, and it would also cover any eventualities, such as living parts of the year abroad."

"About the other point," Nathaniel paused for a moment, flickered though some papers, "ah yes... here it is. Lady Esther proposed that both she and her husband-to-be will divide their property three-some, Lady Esther's individual property, Storjarl Hallbjörn's individual property and shared property."

Nathaniel flickered through the papers again.

"Forgive me, this is a bit legalistic... but in simple terms: shared property will be everything that is for the use of both will be automatically shared, such as houses and the material to run households will be shared. The assumption is that most property will in fact be shared, with individual property will only cover personal items and whatever heirlooms that are inscribed as individual property in the marriage contract.

"There is also the question of titles under property... I really don't knw what to say here. My aunt forgot to give me any guidance here. In any case, what do you propose?"

"Yes, it would suffice for the couple to have a fixed address in the High Realm, but they should also endeavour to let Storjarla Fjǫrleif, Hallbjörns daughter, be raised in the High Realm as is required by the Law of Ettlingar Freyu, if necessary by letting the little Lady Imperial stay with her grandsire for parts of the year."

"The proposal concerning the property is acceptable as long as you can word it so in the marriage contract that it will be in accordance with Article XXV of the Fifth Chapter of the High Law of the High Realm of Stormark which states: 'The real and personal property of any spouse in High Realm acquired before marriage, and all property, real and personal, to which he or she may afterwards be entitled by gift, grant, inheritance, or devise, shall be and remain the separate estate and property of such spouse, and shall not be liable for any debts, obligations, or engagements of his or her spouse, and may be devised or bequeathed by him or her, the same as if he or she were single'."

"As for the titles: Lady Esther will upon her marriage to my dearest brother be inducted into the House of Ettlingar Freyu and she will in consequence thereof be granted the style and titles a member of the Imperial House of Stormark is entitled to under the Styles and Titles Act of Year 10. Storjarl Hallbjörn furthermore does not have any styles or titles that are shareable."

The High King's daughter's thoughts then wandered to the next order of business: divorce.

"Thank you for clarifying. I agree with all your points!"

"On the matter of divorce, I understand that Storish law is rather liberal on how that is granted. My aunt wants that whatever the circumstances, a filing for divorce should only occur three Asgard months after the other spouse has been informed of that desire. In any case, should the tragedy occur whereby a divorce is sought, the shared property will be divided half and half, and in the event that a child is borne from the marriage, both parents will remain legal parents with custody."

"I fully agree with you concerning the matter of divorce", the High King's daughter said.

It seems that Borgarish torrential rains are quite beneficial to negotiations!

The thoughts of the Imperial Chieftainess of Borgarrike wandered to the next order of business: the protection of faith and customs of worship.

"What are the faith and customs of worship of Lady Esther's son, Jonathan of Ayreon-Kalirion?", Storjarla Æsileif asked.

"My aunt and cousin are Lake-worshippers," Nathaniel replied. "Neither of them should be forced to take part in any other religious ceremony inconsistent with this faith, nor swear oaths which appeal to the divine through other gods. While most Hurmudans have been very pantheistic in their outlook, 'all roads lead to the divine', when it comes to personal ceremonies, it does still feel strange, if not wrong, to perform such."

"Of course, as educated people, they both know a lot about the Old Ways of Stormark, and my own religion, the Bovic faith, as well as of the Church of Elwynn and Zurvanism of my ancestors."

"In the way of traditional Hurmu worship, a lot if very medidative. Through silence, it is believed that one can reach the divine... constant listening, confronting oneself and one's own limitations. It's a very personal religion. Of course, water is sacred, and billows and movements in water are considered the best. Medidating or praying near natural waters, on one's own or in congregation, is the main form of worship as we know it. That's why the temple was built just by the river in Haraldsborg -- forgive me, I have forgotten its name..." Nathaniel blushed a bit-

Storjarla Æsileif smiled.

"The name of the mighty river which flows through the Imperial City of Haraldsborg is Fulltrui Flow", she answered.

"Ah!", the Emperor of the Natopians exclaimed.

"Very much to your surprise, the High King's daughter said with a big fat wink, Storjarla Fjǫrleifis a practitioner of the Storish Ancient Ways."

"As for the protection of faith and customs of worship I would like to propose the following provision concerning that matter: 'No party to this marriage as well as their children born prior to this marriage shall be forced to take part in any other religious ceremony which is inconsistent with their current faith and customs of worship or to swear oaths which appeal to the divine through other gods. The parties shall allow the aforementioned children to continue to be raised in their current faith and customs of worship and solemnly declare not ever to interfere in matters of their faith and customs of worship'."

The Imperial Chieftainess of Borgarrike paused for a second and listened to the torrential rains which still battered Hurhaeng.

"In what kind of ceremony would you like Storjarl Hallbjörn and Lady Esther to be married?"

"Wow, these rains don't ever want to stop... The whole ground looks like a muddy river now. At least this house is stable. I hope we can continue the tour soon, but at least we have work to do while we're waiting!"

Nathaniel chuckled.

"My aunt tells me that her preference would be for a secular marriage in public, whereafter each spouse goes to his or her religious place of choice for a private ceremony of prayer or blessing. If this is inconvenient, she is willing to have a public marriage of religious character either in the Temple of the Lakes in Haraldsborg or at a Storish Old Ways temple. The preference is thus first secular with indivudual blessings in each one's spiritual home, secondly at the Temple of the Lakes, and thirdly at an Old Ways temple according to that rite. She is willing to do all three, but this is the order of her preference. I am unsure what her husband-to-be would feel about it."

"Her preference is also that the public ceremony nonetheless be rather private. That is, while the public may participate through broadcasts and public celebrations, the ceremony itself would only be for family and friends."

"I also have another question about my cousin. I understand that his mother will be inducted to the house of Ettlingar Freyu upon marriage, but what of him? Am I correct in believing that he will remain outside that house?"

Edited by Nathaniel

"Knowing my dearest brother he will be most happy with wedding Lady Esther in a public secular ceremony with only friends and family attending, followed by individual blessings in each one's spiritual home", the High King's daughter said.

"Yes, you are most certainly correct. Very unfortunatly for him your cousin will indeed remain outside the Imperial House", the Imperial Chieftainess of Borgarrike confirmed.

Quickly Storjarla Æsileif's thoughts went back to what she had learned about the customs concerning the admission of stepchildren to the House of Ettlingar Freyu.

In time he may be admitted though, just like happened to Lady Chloe who joined the House of Ettlingar Freyu almost two years after her Lady Mother, High Queen Asa, had been admitted", she explained.

"I also have another question for you", the Queen of the Ravarians said. "Where should my dearest brother and Lady Esther be married?"

"For a wedding location I would like to suggest Harald's Holdfast in the Imperial City of Haraldsborg. It is a very romantic location with both historical importance, since my Lord Father the High King at that site set foot there in the Heartland for the first time, and political significance, because it is the place where the High Justiciar is inaugurated."

"There would also be the tremendous symbolism of Storjarl Hallbjörn and Lady Esther embarking on their joint journey through life in the Heart of the Heartland, the very cradle of the High Realm, which may foreshadow and signify that their marriage would be such a smashing success as Stormark is."

"A big advantage of that location is that it is situated on the Fulltrui Flow and pretty close to both the temples where the newly-weds will go to for their individual blessings. For Storjarl Hallbjörn that would be the Temple of Love on Hnossa Isle and for Lady Esther that would be the Temple of the Lakes on Embassy Isle."

"The newly-weds could travel to those temples by means of the Two Silver Longships, which are the longships which brought my Lord Father from the Mysterious Isles to the Heartland during the Days of the Old Tale, the Sea Falcon and the Queen of Quests. My dearest brother on the former and my sister-in-law on the latter."

"I still require your comments of input concerning the protection of faith and customs of worship", the Imperial Chieftainess of Borgarrike remarked.

Her thoughts then wandered to the next order of business: wedding gifts.

Nathaniel looked deeply into the eyes of the storjarla, smiled and said, "Surely gifts are not negotiated but given by a kind heart..."

"I must say, my Lady... negotiating with you is the greatest pleasure. It seems we are at an agreement. Shall you or shall I make the first contract draft?

"There is also one matter I need to discuss, for things that necessitate some one other's consent, they too will need to agree to such matters. I understand that your father, in his majesty, is the one who inducts persons to the imperial house, so he would need to sign a separate agreement that can be affixed to the main contract.

"And oh, for the record, these are the full names and titles of my aunt and cousin."

Nathaniel handed over a paper where it was written:

Her Imperial Highness The Lady Esther Maryam Amirdokhtar Ayreon-Kalirion, Emira of Sathrati, Princess among the Lakes, Scion of the King of Kings.

His Imperial Highness The Lord Mirza Jonathan Merlingsson Ayreon-Kalirion, Knight of the Holy Lakes, Scion of the King of Kings.

Storjarla Æsileif confidently and regally returned the look into the eyes by Emperor Nathaniel and smiled.

"It is ancient tradition for a marrying male member of the House of Ettlingar Freyu to provide his bride with one or more wedding gifts or dower, to use the more traditional term. When High Queen Sigrid married my Lord Father he gave her a pet bear and the creation of the Valkyrie Institute. High Queen Asa received a larger number of gifts as her dower. The dower, of course, does not preclude any other wedding gifts."

"Since the wedding of my Lord Father and High Queen Sigrid it has become practice for the couple to exchange dowers. The dowers, of course, need not to be expensive or ostentatious and may be purely symbolic."

"I'm fairly confident that my Lord Father, the High King, would be willing to sign such a separate agreement and have it affixed to the main matrimonial covenant. I will also leave the writing of the first contract to you."

"The negotiations have indeed gone quite smoothly; it seems that the gods are sending their blessings to them in the form of heavy rainfall", the Queen of the Ravarians said a with a big smile.

The High King's daughter then took a look at the note the Emperor of Natopia had handed her and bursted into homeric laughter.

"It seems that my dearest brother has travelled to the Sólareyjar for nothing", the Imperial Chieftainess of Borgarrike remarked while wiping off the tears from her eyes.

"We were aware that she was from the ancient Line of Kalir, but being of Imperial descent does not mean that one is of Imperial rank. Me and my dearest brother were walking, talking examples of that before we were inducted into the Imperial House of Ettlingar Freyu."

Nathaniel chuckled. "This is all most good. If you will allow me.. please excuse me for a moment."

Nathaniel scribbled for forty minutes on a piece of paper, while the storjarla looked curiously on.

When the forty minutes had passed, he showed a scribbled paper which apparently was a draft contract:

Wedding Contract between:

His Imperial and Royal Highness Hallbjörn Haraldsson of the House of the Descendants of Freyja, Imperial Chieftain of Tronderike, Arvjarl of the Twenty-Six Jarldoms, Storjarl of Stormark, Lord Imperial on all Continents
(hereinafter known as Storjarl Hallbjörn)

and

Her Imperial Highness The Lady Esther Maryam Amirdokhtar Ayreon-Kalirion, Emira of Sathrati, Princess among the Lakes, Scion of the King of Kings
(hereinafter known as Lady Esther)

Let Our Family, Friends, and the World witness that on [Asgard date] corresponding to [Hurmu-Natopian-Elw date] at [place] the Most Sacred Covenant of Marriage was entered into between Us, Storjarl Hallbjörn and Lady Esther.

Surrounded by Family and Friends, We Affirm Our Commitment to Each Other as Husband and Wife. Our Lives are now forever intertwined. We will celebrate all of the Passages of Life together with Joy and Reverence. In Times of Happiness We will cherish Each Other, and in Times of Trouble We will protect Each Other. Our Home will be a Place filled with Warmth and Light, shared freely with all who dwell there. We willingly enter into this Covenant of Companionship and Love: from this Day forward, we are as One.

ONE

We will change our names and titles, pursuant to the Letter of Guarantees from His Imperial and Royal Majesty the High King, as follows. We will be His Imperial and Royal Highness Hallbjörn Haraldsson of the Houses of Ayreon-Kalirion and of the Descendants of Freyja, Imperial Chieftain of Tronderike, Arvjarl of the Twenty-Six Jarldoms, Storjarl of Stormark, Lord Imperial on all Continents, Knight of the Holy Lakes, and Her Imperial Highness The Lady Esther Maryam Amirdokhtar of the Houses of Ayreon-Kalirion and of the Descendants of Freyja, Emira of Sathrati, Princess among the Lakes, Scion of the King of Kings. By mutual agreement, we may elect to change this in the future depending on the circumstances of that day.

TWO

The property acquired by us before our union will be our respective individual property, in accordance with law. All property acquired by either of us during the marriage will, unless we agree otherwise, be our shared property.

THREE

We establish a common household whose address will be in the High Realm. Our children, whether those for us only one of us is parent or for the ones that both of us may be parents to, current as well as future, will be treated in the same way by us, regardless of whether that child is the child of both of us or of only one of us. The right of the children not having both of us as parents to claim rights with regard to their other parent will not be infringed by us. We will protect their interests.

FOUR

Neither of us, nor any of the children born prior to this marriage, shall be forced to take part of any other religious ceremony which is inconsistent with current faith and customs of worship or to swear oaths which appeal to the divine through other gods. We allow the children to continue to be raised in their current faith and customs of worship and solemnly declare not ever to interfere in matters of their faith and customs of worship.

FIVE

Upon the death of either of us, the estate of that one, consisting of the whole individual property and half of the shared, will be divided this: one half of the total to the children (or in their absence, grandchildren, and so on) and one half to the surviving one of us. We declare that any will or testament inconsistent with this contract must be held null and void in so far that that the inconsistency would show. Our respective titles will be inherited according to tradition and law.

Should any one of us die before the children reaching majority, we vow to bring the said children up as if they were our own, regardless of whether we are their parent or not.

SIX

Our marriage will only be dissolved prior to the death of one of us if dissolved under the law of the High Realm. The one of us wishing to file for divorce shall inform the other of this intention, and following three Asgard months of negotiation and attempts at reconciliation, a divorce is still sought, a filing may be performed according to law. Upon dissolution of marriage, our shared property will be divided with one half going to each of us and our individual property will remain individual.

SEVEN

As an appreciation to each other and as a symbol of our union, we give each other gifts. I, Lady Esther, give unto my husband ... I, Storjarl Hallbjörn, give unto my wife... .

EIGHT

This Contract, witnessed by His Imperial and Royal Majesty the High King of Stormark, His Most Bovic Majesty the Emperor of the Natopians, Her Imperial and Royal Highness Lady Æsileif, Storjarla of Stormark and Vilhjalm Kormak of the House of Nidaros, is followed by a letter of guarantees by His Imperial and Royal Majesty the High King.

NINE

In witness whereof, we, Husband and Wife, along with our witnesses, have signed, on our honour, in the name of all things sacred.

[husband's signature]

[wife's signature]

[witnesses' signatures]

"It still needs some work... but it's my main understanding of everything. It's based on your father's contract with High Queen Asa." He looked out the window. "Hm... it looks very dark here... I guess we'll have to spend the night, hah!"

Storjarla Æsileif took a careful look at the first draft of the matrimonial contract and concluded that the draft was pretty good. She only had a few comments to make about its contents.

"Well done, Your Bovic Majesty!", the High King's daughter said.

"I would to comment that your aunt's name and titles would be: 'Her Imperial and Royal Highness Esther Maryam Amirdokhtar of the Houses of Ayreon-Kalirion and of the Descendants of Freyja, Imperial Chieftainess of ....., Storjarla of Stormark, Lady Imperial on all Continents, Emira of Sathrati, Princess among the Lakes, Scion of the King of Kings'."

"I also have got two questions. Which Jarldom would Lady Esther prefer as her Imperial Chieftaincy? What would should the name of the children born from the marriage be?"

The Queen of the Ravarians quickly cast a look out of the window too.

"Yes, it surely looks like that we have to spend the night here in Hurhaeng. Fortunatly there is sufficient accomodation otherwise we would have to spend the night in the Imperial Helicopter!"

Lady Æsileif burst into Homeric laughter.

"Although that would be much more comfortable than sleeping outside", she said with a big fat wink.