The High Realm of Stormark
Sign in to follow this  
Vilhjálm Kormak

Speech to the Borgarthing

Councillors,

In the midst of the great tragedy that befell our brethren in Hurmu, a few hundred managed to escape the Siseran-Jingdaoist genocide. Most of them ended up in contact with the Temple of the Lakes and have been given all resources to help them overcome the tragedy, the hauntedness of their memories, and do begin living their lives as they should.

A few others who terror struck in a different way succumbed to a cloudedness in their minds. The sorrow and the pain corrupted their views of reality. Some ended up in hospitals, most of them on the dark side of Borgarrike.

I met one of them. I did not first believe her story. She had been said to be dead since the genocide. But it has been confirmed. All necessary tests have been performed and all records indicate that what she says is true.

Councillors,

I have met Esther Maryam Amirdokhtar of Ayreon-Kalirion, after she started her remission. It has been confirmed. I have been in contact with authorities in both Elwynn and Natopia.

She was born, in the Elw-Hurmu calendar, in 1565, six years before her brother Elijah. She is now a woman of 49 years, with a eleven year-old son, Jonathan. She has been in hospital since entering the border to Borgarrike during the genocide of 1605. Her child was born here in Borgarrike. His father was Esther Maryam Amirdokhtar's husband, Merling Karlsson, who died in the genocide.

Her remission from insanity began two years ago, and this is my true reason to wanting to come to Borgarrike. To investigate and understand this myself.

Jonathan has been a warden of the jarldom since his birth, living with several foster-parents, but the good health care of this jarldom has kept him close to his mother throughout his life. As Lady Esther will soon be fit enough to be released from hospital, possibly in time for her nephew's, the Emperor of Natopia, visit here, it causes great joy and honour for us all.

Let us applaud this happy surprise!

In Köpingsvik, my lady. Originally an amphitheatre among a few hills, it's long since been covered by a dome, and outlying buildings for storage of archives and offices.

The High King is such a master of image picking! :thumbsup5:

The High King is such a master of image picking! :thumbsup5:

Thank you, Lady Astrid!! You are not too bad either, given your numerous photo threads and other pictoral contributions. :)

Thank you, Lady Astrid!! You are not too bad either, given your numerous photo threads and other pictoral contributions. :)

You're welcome, Your Majesty! :oops:

My Lady,

It would appear that given she has lived her so long, and that her son knows no other home, that she will stay here, at least until her boy is old enough to fend for himself. That is what they're saying now anyway.

A High Priestess wonders whether Merling Karlsson, the husband of Lady Esther Maryam Amirdokhtar of Ayreon-Kalirion, was a Stormarker or a Hurmudan?

2qu0y6c.jpg

This is Lady Esther Maryam Amirdokhtar of Ayreon-Kalirion. Those Borgarish physicians and other health workers are true wizards. :thumbsup1:

Lady Esther Maryam Amirdokhtar of Ayreon-Kalirion is quite cool and hot at the same time! :champ: (No pun intended.)

A High Priestess wonders how Jarl Vilhjálm likes the image which represents Lady Esther Maryam Amirdokhtar of Ayreon-Kalirion

He hates it, but Jarl Vilhjálm is at the moment too hate-exhausted to dip his pen in cyanide to give a scathing response. ;)

If someone could validate her board membership, perhaps we would all be able to see the beautiful lady in flesh... not only in rendition ;)

Done. :)

Your Imperial and Royal Majesty,

Highnesses,

Councillors,

Distinguised guests,

I have the honour to welcome their Imperial Highnesses The Lady Esther Maryam Amirdokht and The Lord Mirza Jonathan into this house.

The Lady Esther will, when she is ready, speak before us and then answer our questions.

Your Imperial and Royal Majesty,

your Highnesses,

Excellencies,

Ladies and Gentlemen,

What an honour! What joy!

Here I am standing, as a Hurmudan, in this esteemed assembly. Finally I am myself, and others know who I am.

The many years of my illness, inflicted upon me in my head, causing me to be in a state of constant fog, are beginning to end. My son, Mirza Jonathan, is here with me, and he tells me that no-one believed I could make such a recovery so quick.

I am indebted to my son for his constant love for me, even when my illness made me very difficult for him, a child, to be with.

This high realm, this jarldom -- I will forever be in debt to you too. For giving me the gift of being "clear" again. I can think clear thought, my emotions are pure... and finally I can love my son as he ought to be loved.

There is talk that my nephew will come and visit Stormark. How I long to be reunited with him. There is so much for me to learn in this new world of mine, so many years have passed... so much I have missed, but first of all it is the time to love, and the time to be among friends, and finally, live once more again.

I will happily ask any questions that you may have.

I yield to you, my lords and ladies.

Lady Esther,

Allow me to ask whether you already have received a clean bill of health from the medical staff that treated you?

Lady Unna

I'm so happy to meet you. Your face has been over the news the past years. Never did I think I'd be able to meet you... I'm honoured.

The medical staff, which are magnificent in all possible ways, have said that the symptoms of the illness are not all gone. What's left for me to tackle is readjusting to society, and to build up my strength in coping with the normal daily lives that men and women have in this country. Slowly, but surely...

I just heard that Emperor Nathaniel is coming tomorrow. May I come with you to Haraldsborg to meet him?

I just heard that Emperor Nathaniel is coming tomorrow. May I come with you to Haraldsborg to meet him?

Pray be advised, Lady Esther, that you may travel with me and shall be my superabundantly honoured guest.

Allow me to say that I heard that you shall continue to reside in Stormark. Where shall in the High Realm shall you be living?